2 Pages V   1  2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
ATTN : NYC/JERSEY KIDS, lets hang out
?Rorshach?
post Sep 6 2014, 12:59 PM
Post #1

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 693

Hey dudes, me and my old lady are going to be on a mini-vacation in New York from 9/16 - 9/19 so if any of you guys want to meet up for a meal or a beer, give me a shout.

Additionally though, anyone with any ideas for cool/slightly unconventional shit to do in the city and/or places to eat, those are hugely appreciated as well. My girlfriend is super stoked as she hasn't been to the city in like 15 years and even though I end up down there like 2 or 3 times a year, it's always just to visit friends or pass through on my way to see my parents, so I'm sort of bad at the fun/vacationy side of things.

My buddy suggested checking out the Comedy Cellar, which I thought was a killer idea, so we have reservations there on Wednesday (9/17), but any other ideas sort of in that same vein are super appreciated.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
?Rorshach?
post Sep 6 2014, 12:59 PM
Post #2

Oh yeah, and if anyone wants to meet us there for that show, you guys should score reservations. Should be super fun.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Sep 7 2014, 03:14 PM
Post #3

screenplay!

Group: Validating
Member No.: 38

Would you guys be interested in a broadway show at all? I'm sure you know about the lottery, which can be fun and I know an awesome burger/Margarita place nearby where you can go while you wait or if you don't get tickets. They have a great courtyard to sit outside too. Also I know Rocky rush tickets are super cheap and not in demand at all and that show is a lot of fun.

Besides that something me and my gf have been doing lately is swing dancing, they have tons of spots where you get a beginner's lesson for an hour or two and then a couple hours open admission dance. There's also archery lessons in Queens that she and I are going to do when I get back, sounds like a fun unconventional thing to do

--------------------
QUOTE (The Virgin Mary @ Aug 29 2010, 10:43 PM) [snapback]367127[/snapback]
Also, while European women aren't usually fat, most smoke, which is a huge turnoff for me personally. But really, what the fuck...it's just a one night stand anyways, so who cares at that point.

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
SkankinLibrarian
post Sep 7 2014, 03:21 PM
Post #4

Terrible. Just terrible.

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,850

Is swing revival really make a fucking come back?

--------------------

+Quote Post
?Rorshach?
post Sep 7 2014, 03:52 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (sonofaresiii @ Sep 7 2014, 03:14 PM) *
Would you guys be interested in a broadway show at all? I'm sure you know about the lottery, which can be fun and I know an awesome burger/Margarita place nearby where you can go while you wait or if you don't get tickets. They have a great courtyard to sit outside too. Also I know Rocky rush tickets are super cheap and not in demand at all and that show is a lot of fun.

I was actually going to ask you about trying to catch a show. I think we're going to try and rock the lottery...do you have any more info/suggestions on shows we might want to catch? Also, what's Rocky Rush?

--------------------

+Quote Post
?Rorshach?
post Sep 7 2014, 04:02 PM
Post #6

Just looked it up and realized you meant "rush tickets for Rocky". It also looks like that show closed two or three weeks ago though.

Question about the lottery, could we enter like several lotteries for several shows? Like, could we enter to see Book of Mormon and the Lion King and Les Mis...then just go to whichever one we end up getting?

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Sep 7 2014, 04:57 PM
Post #7

screenplay!

Damn, rocky closed? That sucks, it really was pretty good. Even won a Tony.

And about multiple lotteries... There's no rule against it, but you have to be there when they draw and they all pretty much draw at the same time, so no you can't really do multiples. They're really strict about you literally being there as soon as they draw, but I do have a friend who did book of Mormon and wicked, lost at wicked, ran back to book of Mormon where his brother was waiting who told him he had just got called and sweet talked his way into letting the guy give him a ticket. But yeah, I wouldn't recommend it.

If you're going to do the lottery and haven't seen a Broadway show (or if your gf hasn't) wicked is definitely the most impressive, easily accessible and fun. Book of Mormon was a little over rated and almost impossible to win the lottery for, but it's a good story to tell your friends that you went to see it.

--------------------
Also, while European women aren't usually fat, most smoke, which is a huge turnoff for me personally. But really, what the fuck...it's just a one night stand anyways, so who cares at that point.

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Sep 7 2014, 05:00 PM
Post #8

screenplay!

Ps I definitely don't recommend lion King. I don't even think they do a lottery, and it's honestly just the movie but not as good. I have no idea why everyone raves about it.

--------------------

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
davey1212k
post Sep 7 2014, 08:30 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 282

Go see If/Then if you want to see the legendary Idina Menzel and cry a lot.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Sep 8 2014, 09:26 PM
Post #10

screenplay!

I've heard mixed things, mostly that it could be hard to follow but Mendez is awesome in it. I wouldn't recommend it as a Big NYC Vacation show, because you might not like it and it certainly won't be the most impressive production wise, but it's also super popular right now because Frozen.

I still want to see it out of curiosity though.

--------------------

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
Injun
post Sep 9 2014, 01:31 AM
Post #11

boner mcgee

Member No.: 139

Let's grab food or drink on the 16th!

--------------------
QUOTE (SkankinLibrarian @ May 29 2009, 01:49 PM) *
i dont have a facebook
facebook is for faggots

+Quote Post
davey1212k
post Sep 9 2014, 09:51 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 282

QUOTE (sonofaresiii @ Sep 8 2014, 10:26 PM) *
I've heard mixed things, mostly that it could be hard to follow but Mendez is awesome in it. I wouldn't recommend it as a Big NYC Vacation show, because you might not like it and it certainly won't be the most impressive production wise, but it's also super popular right now because Frozen.

I still want to see it out of curiosity though.

It has it's flaws, but it is 100% worth seeing if you can shell out the time money/time. I would recommend it, but I can see why you wouldn't if you or your girlfriend don't go to NYC that much. The big ones like Lion King/Phantom/Les Mis are great, but I think its cooler going to a lesser known/newer show and going in with minimal preconceptions. If you're looking for that kind of thing, I think If/Then is a good choice. And there is seriously no one on Earth who has a voice like hers. That fact alone makes it worth seeing it. And the cast is full of Tony nominees/winners, not just some replacement cast that a lot of the long time running shows have.

This post has been edited by davey1212k: Sep 9 2014, 09:52 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
JP Penney
post Sep 9 2014, 05:30 PM
Post #13

suave & sexy

Member No.: 885

Someone text me when this is happening

--------------------

+Quote Post
On & On & On
post Nov 9 2017, 09:57 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 19,738

Beep Boop. 3 years, 2 months, 1 week, 4 days.

--------------------
Bot Version 1.2: Would You Be Impressed if my shitty raspberry pi didn't lose internet connectivity twice a week?

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Nov 9 2017, 10:33 PM
Post #15

screenplay!

so i eventually did see if/then and it was pretty eh.

idina menzel was fantastic so it was worth it to see her live, but the show was pretty mediocre.

--------------------

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
?Rorshach?
post Nov 9 2017, 11:23 PM
Post #16

We ended up seeing Les Mis. It's my favorite show and it ruled on Broadway, plus the tickets weren't terrible.

We also went to the pizza shop from Spider Man 2 and spent our day time reading in Central Park. It was a rad trip.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Voox
post Dec 27 2017, 09:17 PM
Post #17

The Real Reason Hitler Tried to Kill Jews.

Member No.: 117

Oh hey! Turns out I'm going to be in NYC in a couple of weeks! On my list of things to do is: Eat good pizza, eat good bagels, go to a show, see stuff, eat more pizza. Also gonna try to snag broadway tix via lottery. Wish me luck! If anyone wants to meet up, let's do so on January 13th.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SkankinLibrarian
post Dec 27 2017, 09:40 PM
Post #18

Terrible. Just terrible.

QUOTE (Voox @ Dec 27 2017, 08:17 PM) *
Oh hey! Turns out I'm going to be in NYC in a couple of weeks! On my list of things to do is: Eat good pizza, eat good bagels, go to a show, see stuff, eat more pizza. Also gonna try to snag broadway tix via lottery. Wish me luck! If anyone wants to meet up, let's do so on January 13th.

You want to eat good pizza then you should go to Chicago. All new york has is Ketchup on a Cracker with some kraft singles.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Voox
post Dec 27 2017, 09:53 PM
Post #19

The Real Reason Hitler Tried to Kill Jews.

Member No.: 117

QUOTE (SkankinLibrarian @ Dec 27 2017, 08:40 PM) *
You want to eat good pizza then you should go to Chicago. All new york has is Ketchup on a Cracker with some kraft singles.

I've been to Chicago and their pizza sucks. So there's that.

(Actually, to be honest, I went to Giordano's and it wasn't terrible, but I definitely prefer NYC pizza.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
SkankinLibrarian
post Dec 27 2017, 11:27 PM
Post #20

Terrible. Just terrible.

PINKO COMMIE BASTARD!!!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1  2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2018 - 06:06 AM