360 Pages V  « < 358 359 360  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
video games, I have no intention of gazing upon the left eye
Boner City
post Sep 15 2018, 06:25 AM
Post #7181

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,613

Just played through the DOOM reboot now that I'm living with my parents again and can afford to waste time and regress. It's so fast-paced and exciting, first time I've played through an entire campaign without getting bored and having to force myself through in years.

--------------------
QUOTE (BroRapingBonerCity @ May 1 2011, 11:01 PM) *
Boner City for life.

Get some Spoke Too Soon down ya!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Oct 7 2018, 01:19 PM
Post #7182

No one should do any of this

Group: Psych Ward
Member No.: 295

Friday the 13th the Game is free this month on PS4 and its outright hilarious. Its like Dead By Daylight which was free a couple months, where a slasher villain guy chases down and kills a bunch of player survivors who have to escape. The kicker is that this game has voice chat, even between camp counselors and Jason when nearby each other, and the interactions I've had have been complete and total riots.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sellout
post Oct 10 2018, 10:09 AM
Post #7183

Banned

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10

There's this tool called NES Maker that makes creating your own NES games pretty easy. It's not like Super Mario Maker easy, but things like gravity, scrolling, and hit detection are pretty much preset (with values that you can mess with if you choose to). I watched a 2 hour tutorial like 3 times and was able to make a 2D platformer that was three screens long with pass through blocks, fireballs, slime enemies, and prize boxes. My character was able to run, jump, variably jump based on button press length and acceleration. Anyhow, the tool was like $30. I highly recommend. You can make top-down games like Zelda and presumably much more, but I've just started to get into this.

edit: and this might be obvious, but you can actually flash the NES game file you create to an actual NES cartridge and play it on a real Nintendo. That's pretty cool, right?

This post has been edited by sellout: Oct 10 2018, 10:10 AM

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Oct 11 2018, 01:19 AM
Post #7184

Has that already been released? I saw the kickstarter before and I was interested. Since I've got my NES Mini hacked I can put roms on it, and I've definitely wondered what it would be like if I could build my own game and put it on there. I mean, I'm assuming NES Maker exports basic roms, so I don't see get it wouldn't work.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Oct 11 2018, 01:20 AM
Post #7185

Hell, if you can post a rom of what you made I could even test it out. If it works I'm definitely buying it

--------------------

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Oct 11 2018, 02:56 PM
Post #7186

I've been playing a bunch of SSX Tricky/SSX3 lately and forgot how fun of a game it could be. Lately what really pulled me in was how the music was so well edited--The game is about snowboarding and making HUUUUUUUGE fantastical jumps with wild tricks, but in those few seconds you're in air the music drops most of its sound, but not all of it, kinda taking in that ambiance.

Basically, its been making me wanna try to program another game. Like, a sidescroller where you punch a bunch of different baddies. But the music would consist of a drum track, a bass track, and a treble track, that mutes certain tracks when you engage an enemy, and unmutes when the fighr concludes. The idea being some enemies would just have a drum track, some enemies would have a bass/drum track, etc., kinda reminiscent of Earthbound and enemies having their own music/background. The central concept being, well, a game sure, but the interest or entertainment comes from being able to interact with the music. In my head, it all sounds a lot easier of done as an NES game, which is why the NES Maker has my interest

--------------------

+Quote Post

360 Pages V  « < 358 359 360
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2018 - 09:02 AM