Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Appreciation Thread
hotsoup
post May 30 2010, 05:36 AM
Post #1

I am definitely a madman with a box.

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,836

Holy fuck I love this game so fucking much. It's so beautiful in every way and it's one of the best adventures I've ever experienced. Look at how pretty this is.

God I love this game. I'm gonna play it again. You guys should play it with me and we'll share our experiences playing it again.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fever Sleeves
post May 30 2010, 09:25 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 11,277

if you ever bitched about this games graphics you're literally history's greatest monster.

hope this helps.

+Quote Post
Boner City
post May 30 2010, 09:35 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 10,613

HOLEE FUCK those are some godawful graphics

This post has been edited by Bone Buster: May 30 2010, 09:35 AM

--------------------
QUOTE (BroRapingBonerCity @ May 1 2011, 11:01 PM) *
Boner City for life.

Get some Spoke Too Soon down ya!

+Quote Post
Dondles
post May 30 2010, 10:00 AM
Post #4

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 3

Great game, very pretty, well-written story and fun. Don't get why everyone bitched about the sailing so much, it wasn't that boring, I even enjoyed it. Now Phantom Hourglass, that was some boring sailing. Just sitting there unable to move, but you can't leave it until it gets to the destination because of annoying obstacles and enemies.

--------------------
QUOTE (Jabberjaw @ Nov 11 2006, 12:24 AM) *
Fuck off, Fondles.

Radio Image Screen Copy

+Quote Post
blaarg
post May 30 2010, 11:10 AM
Post #5

"I wonder if he has anything good on him..."

Member No.: 916

If I weren't in the middle of Galaxy 2, I would definitely start this again. Fuck yeah, Wind Waker.

--------------------
QUOTE (Crow Evermore @ Feb 20 2009, 11:36 PM) *
WILL YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP BLAARG I'M BUSY TRYING TO BE COOL ON THE INTERNET
QUOTE (jpmillman @ Oct 28 2009, 11:42 PM) *
That rules. You rule. High five.

+Quote Post
sellout
post May 30 2010, 11:19 AM
Post #6

Banned

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10

i started a file on windwaker about 3 weeks ago but only cleared the first dungeon. i wouldnt mind playing this through but im playing through galaxy 2. im at 75 stars!

+Quote Post
Playacting Anarc...
post May 30 2010, 03:33 PM
Post #7

Proud citizen of the 3rd most boring city on the fucking planet.

Member No.: 116

Too bad the tri-force shard quest sucked. And it was too easy.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~whocares~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+Quote Post
Toomine
post May 30 2010, 04:20 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 286

@ Dondles

Remember the original zelda, where you had your sword (possibly a throwing variant) and no potions because you hadn't found the stupid letter, and no directions about how to go about exploring the game? and remember zelda two where there were towns and a large overhead map, and sidescrolling dungeons, and no directions about how to go about exploring your game? and remember zelda a link to the past where you had all kinds of awesomeness like three pots in your house that were free hearts, golden bees, and no directions about how to go about exploring your game (after a very brief introductory quest that you had to complete)? and remember ocarina of time where there were relatively no instructions about how to explore the game (though a completely linear way to get it done, that's beside the point), and remember that gameboy zelda where you had similarly few restrictions on where you went in the game (not the oracle games, which i didn't play, the other one, link's quest or something)?

all of those illustrate my problem with the sailing (and consequently my only real problem with the game to begin with) in windwaker. I do not like being told that i "can't go this way anymore" when trying to explore what based on tradition should have been an open map becasue the third dungeon is literally across the map from where i am trying to dig up treasure (and this is AFTER riding for 15 minutes or so trying to go that way because the wind baton only makes strong winds that go in the direction of your next quest objective).

After that, I put the game down and didn't go back.

--------------------
QUOTE (Freeze Time @ Sep 10 2011, 06:08 AM) *
QUOTE (iammatt @ Sep 10 2011, 04:37 AM) *

Bunch of insensitive assholes here. It's only been 10 years.

You know this quote taken out of context makes you sound like a pedo

+Quote Post
hotsoup
post May 30 2010, 04:25 PM
Post #9

Wait. Wait. Wait. You didn't get to the point where you learn the Wind's Requiem and you're judging the linearity(actually, a complete lack thereof) of the game? Once you can control the wind, you can literally go everywhere in the world you want. Sailing is the most fun and relaxing method of travel I've ever experienced in a game, and there are TONS of little islands and stuff to explore.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Klonny
post May 30 2010, 06:04 PM
Post #10

No one should do any of this

Group: Psych Ward
Member No.: 295

I loved this game, and when I first saw it was Cel-Shading I couldn't wait for it. It was awesome. The music rocked, the sailing was enjoyable, mapping every island was a little annoying, dungeons were fun enough, the colorful atmosphere was fun, sidequests were fun, the whole game hit all the high notes. Except in difficulty. I beat that game without dying once, and I remember I had only used 1 single fairy throughout the game, which was on the final boss.

EDIT: I remember people bitching a lot about the triforce shards, but I don't remember having any trouble with. Also I preorded this game and got Mater Quest. Beat the first dungeon and had a buncha trouble and never touched it again. I wish I still had it (I think my brother does) because I would love to play that instead of OoT again.

This post has been edited by Klonny: May 30 2010, 06:07 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post May 30 2010, 06:07 PM
Post #11

screenplay!

Member No.: 38

Did not like this game.

--------------------
QUOTE (The Virgin Mary @ Aug 29 2010, 10:43 PM) [snapback]367127[/snapback]
Also, while European women aren't usually fat, most smoke, which is a huge turnoff for me personally. But really, what the fuck...it's just a one night stand anyways, so who cares at that point.

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
NSBT
post May 30 2010, 06:24 PM
Post #12

nerdstrudel

Member No.: 989

Have not liked any zelda game.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toomine
post May 30 2010, 08:24 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (hotsoup @ May 30 2010, 05:25 PM) *
Wait. Wait. Wait. You didn't get to the point where you learn the Wind's Requiem and you're judging the linearity(actually, a complete lack thereof) of the game? Once you can control the wind, you can literally go everywhere in the world you want. Sailing is the most fun and relaxing method of travel I've ever experienced in a game, and there are TONS of little islands and stuff to explore.

No dude, i did get to that point. and, even at that point, you can't go wherever the hell you would like.

i tried, you see, that was what made me fed up with the game.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bones
post May 30 2010, 08:26 PM
Post #14

mayor of boner city

Member No.: 1,715

This game is so awesome. Sort of want to play it again, but I have other games to play.

--------------------

+Quote Post
hotsoup
post May 30 2010, 08:37 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (Toomine @ May 30 2010, 09:24 PM) *
No dude, i did get to that point. and, even at that point, you can't go wherever the hell you would like.

i tried, you see, that was what made me fed up with the game.

You're doing it wrong then. Once you can control the wind you can sail anywhere you want. As soon as I can control the wind, I spend hours filling in my map and exploring little islands and stuff and just having fun. Maybe you just need to play it again. Also, a point I didn't bother contesting last time, Ocarina of Time was one of the more linear Zelda games. You always had an objective and veering from the beaten path was more of a chore than anything.

This post has been edited by hotsoup: May 30 2010, 08:37 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
sellout
post May 30 2010, 09:18 PM
Post #16

Banned

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10

sailing was great. going after treasure, getting heart pieces, exploring islands and then realizing you dont have X item. controlling seagulls through mind control. game is rad and has aged better than anything else in the last generation.

+Quote Post
Toomine
post May 30 2010, 10:41 PM
Post #17

QUOTE (hotsoup @ May 30 2010, 09:37 PM) *
You're doing it wrong then. Once you can control the wind you can sail anywhere you want. As soon as I can control the wind, I spend hours filling in my map and exploring little islands and stuff and just having fun. Maybe you just need to play it again. Also, a point I didn't bother contesting last time, Ocarina of Time was one of the more linear Zelda games. You always had an objective and veering from the beaten path was more of a chore than anything.

Oh... what else did i miss in the game?

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post May 30 2010, 11:02 PM
Post #18

screenplay!

Member No.: 38

QUOTE (hotsoup @ May 30 2010, 09:37 PM) *

no way dude. ocarina of time had amazing side quests and stories and shit. the only one better, i would argue, is majora's mask.

edit: but then, i remember every time in wind waker i just hated that game so much i didn't bother with anything besides the linear story so i could just be done with the damn thing.

This post has been edited by sonofaresiii: May 30 2010, 11:03 PM

--------------------
QUOTE (The Virgin Mary @ Aug 29 2010, 10:43 PM) [snapback]367127[/snapback]
Also, while European women aren't usually fat, most smoke, which is a huge turnoff for me personally. But really, what the fuck...it's just a one night stand anyways, so who cares at that point.

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
Crow Evermore
post May 30 2010, 11:35 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 1,244

This thread convinced me to go back and play this game again. Fucking love it.

--------------------

~*put this in ur signature if you believe in Jesus CHrist as the One and Only Savior*~

+Quote Post
Superfly Johnson
post May 31 2010, 12:17 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 948

QUOTE (hotsoup @ May 31 2010, 11:07 AM) *

Yeah, this is wrong. You get the song that controls wind right after you beat Dragon Roost Island and your boat tells you to sail a specific direction. If you try and go elsewhere he stops you and automatically pulls a 180.

I'm not actually sure when you are able to travel freely but it's definitely not as soon as you get that song.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1  2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd June 2018 - 08:04 AM