2091 Pages V  « < 2088 2089 2090  2091 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Random Thoughts, Clandestine tumbler locks
dumbducky
post Dec 14 2017, 10:16 AM
Post #41781

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,112

Is there any chance you could get him to write or record him talking about that stuff? I remember reading your last post about him describing the techniques they used and it would be cool to hear what he had to say.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
?Rorshach?
post Dec 16 2017, 12:17 AM
Post #41782

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 693

Yeah man, maybe if he digs the record and there's enough interest, I'll see if I can get him to post.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Dec 23 2017, 07:38 PM
Post #41783

No one should do any of this

Group: Psych Ward
Member No.: 295

Does anything along the lines of "Lovecraftian Punk" exist that you guys know of?

--------------------

+Quote Post
dumbducky
post Dec 24 2017, 12:20 AM
Post #41784

I wish the airing of grievances part of the Festivus episode of Seinfeld was longer.

+Quote Post
ohnoes
post Dec 24 2017, 08:27 AM
Post #41785

Failure, Complete and Utter.

Member No.: 711

I air grievances all the time and look how popular I am

This post has been edited by ohnoes: Dec 24 2017, 08:27 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
?Rorshach?
post Dec 26 2017, 03:45 AM
Post #41786

QUOTE (sonofaresiii @ Dec 26 2017, 01:21 AM) *
got a moviepass subscription.

didn't work.

apparently since they dropped to $10/mo they got massive amounts of subscriptions and can't handle it and the whole thing is plagued. i think it's working now though but haven't tried it yet and i guess support is like two months behind on answering any complaints.

What's the issue? I've had mine for 3 or 4 months now and use it at least twice a week. It rules.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Dec 26 2017, 01:38 PM
Post #41787

screenplay!

Member No.: 38

So apparently when you get your card, it's supposed to pop up with a prompt when you log-in asking for your card info. That didn't happen. And my "Card status" was stuck on "Processing", and when I tried to use it it said "Account in an incorrect status"

Which, all told, sounds like my card just hadn't processed yet... which was annoying, because moviepass kept telling me as soon as I got my card I could use it. (and didn't know it wouldn't work until I was already at the movies, and ended up paying out of pocket for a movie I thought I'd have the pass for)

I did some digging and apparently this is just one of the MANY issues people have been having... and from what I've seen, besides a few one-offs like the network being down, it sounds like everyone who's had issues has gotten their card within the last month or so. I know lots of people that say they got it a few months ago and have had no problems whatsoever.

My guess is they got super extra overwhelmed with holiday subscriptions and it fucked the whole thing (they've released some statements saying they got overwhelmed since the price drop, and I'm guessing the holidays totally blew them up). People are having all kinds of problems, and the real issue is support is way backlogged.

Anyway, eventually my card status went from "Processing" to listing the actual info on my card all on its own, so I think my particular problem is fixed... but it's kind of annoying that I couldn't use it when I got it/wanted to use it, and started getting billed for it when I won't be using it for a little while. Like, either/or would have been fine, either it worked when I needed it to, or it doesn't start the billing cycle until I'm ready to use it again.

I hope it works from here on out, but I'm not super optimistic, especially with everyone saying support is so backlogged. One of the major advertising points when I signed up was that you could get support at any time and have your problem immediately fixed.

Also I've been lol'ing at all the stories of people not understanding how to use the moviepass card and getting shitty with theater owners for not handing them tickets after they've checked in on the app. No wonder theaters are annoyed with it and have signs up everywhere explaining how to use it.

--------------------
QUOTE (The Virgin Mary @ Aug 29 2010, 10:43 PM) [snapback]367127[/snapback]
Also, while European women aren't usually fat, most smoke, which is a huge turnoff for me personally. But really, what the fuck...it's just a one night stand anyways, so who cares at that point.

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
?Rorshach?
post Dec 26 2017, 01:46 PM
Post #41788

QUOTE (sonofaresiii @ Dec 26 2017, 12:38 PM) *
...or it doesn't start the billing cycle until I'm ready to use it again.

This should be how it works. They bill you for your first month immediately, but you don't get billed for your second month until a month after you first activate the card.

I hope it works from here on out, but I'm not super optimistic, especially with everyone saying support is so backlogged. One of the major advertising points when I signed up was that you could get support at any time and have your problem immediately fixed.

I'll say that it took me a few weeks to get my card, even though Brit got hers right away (and we signed her up after we signed me up), and in that time I never got a reply to any of my customer support requests.

So that was pretty bogus. Their customer support is definitely dog shit.

That said, we haven't had an issue since, and go to movies like twice a week. We're like, head over heels for it.

Also I've been lol'ing at all the stories of people not understanding how to use the moviepass card and getting shitty with theater owners for not handing them tickets after they've checked in on the app. No wonder theaters are annoyed with it and have signs up everywhere explaining how to use it.

For what its worth, our theater is super accommodating and geeked on moviepass. Literally every time we go, their cashier is like "isn't this awesome?!"

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Dec 26 2017, 03:01 PM
Post #41789

screenplay!

QUOTE (?Rorshach? @ Dec 26 2017, 01:46 PM) *
This should be how it works. They bill you for your first month immediately, but you don't get billed for your second month until a month after you first activate the card.

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure what happened is it wouldn't let me activate it myself, then it activated itself automatically. I got an e-mail saying "You should have your card so your account is going to start now", then the card status switched to my card # and the "billing cycle" date clicked on on that day's date (before it had just been blank).

So I mean, at $10/mo it's not the end of the world, but it's a little disappointing that it's already not working how it's supposed to, and from all the troubles others are having, it's really not going to be worth much if it's a random chance on whether it'll work or not when I get to the theater. If you see a movie every week either way, then it's probably worth it anyway, but I'd be specifically going because I have the moviepass, so having to pay out of pocket would suck.

--------------------
Also, while European women aren't usually fat, most smoke, which is a huge turnoff for me personally. But really, what the fuck...it's just a one night stand anyways, so who cares at that point.

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
?Rorshach?
post Dec 26 2017, 03:28 PM
Post #41790

QUOTE (sonofaresiii @ Dec 26 2017, 02:01 PM) *
So I mean, at $10/mo it's not the end of the world, but it's a little disappointing that it's already not working how it's supposed to, and from all the troubles others are having, it's really not going to be worth much if it's a random chance on whether it'll work or not when I get to the theater. If you see a movie every week either way, then it's probably worth it anyway, but I'd be specifically going because I have the moviepass, so having to pay out of pocket would suck.

If for any reason your card doesn't work, they'll refund you the cost of your tickets if you have to pay out of pocket (just remember that it's only standard screenings, no 3D/imax/etc).

Sorry to sound lik such a shill for moviepass...I've just been really stoked on that company these past few months.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Dec 26 2017, 04:18 PM
Post #41791

screenplay!

QUOTE (?Rorshach? @ Dec 26 2017, 03:28 PM) *
If for any reason your card doesn't work, they'll refund you the cost of your tickets if you have to pay out of pocket (just remember that it's only standard screenings, no 3D/imax/etc).

Yeah I looked into that too

1) You have to actually get a response to your problem, which like I said is apparently taking months (mine has been up for about two weeks)

2) Maybe this is a recent change, but they say that they'll ONLY refund tickets where they authorize BEFORE you pay out of pocket that they'll refund you. Which obviously isn't possible since they're not answering support questions for weeks or months

3) Lots of people said that they raised hell about it and got a refund anyway, and I'm sure that's true... but it means to get a refund I have to wait weeks or months for a response, then argue with a representative, then raise hell until I get them to agree to go against policy and issue the refund anyway. And apparently there's no mechanism for them to escalate you to a supervisor to fast track it, you either convince the guy on the chat/e-mail to issue the refund or not, and presumably he's been told to only do it for problem customers.

For a while people were recommending tweeting them and got their problem resolved immediately, but then apparently word got out and everyone started doing it and now I've heard that most of the time they completely ignore tweets too.

I've got a lot of friends who strongly support it like you do (which is why I finally got one), but... I really think that there's just been a huge difference in quality between people who got it a few months ago and people who got it recently. People who got it a few months ago aren't really seeing many problems, it seems.

Anyway like I said, I'll still keep it and try it out at least for a little while but I was really excited about it, and now I"m... not. I was all ready to sing the praises of it and how great it is (I've been following the company since they were $60/mo, considering getting one), but now if anyone asks me about it I'll probably say something like "Eh, if you really go see a lot of movies anyway it might be worthwhile but if you're on the fence it could be a lot of hassle and not work that well".

So there you go.

--------------------

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
SkankinLibrarian
post Jan 12 2018, 03:11 PM
Post #41792

Terrible. Just terrible.

Member No.: 9,850

--------------------

+Quote Post
Logan
post Jan 12 2018, 05:02 PM
Post #41793

Member No.: 163

What the fuck, why doesn't that say that that's a Tom Lehrer cover? What the hell does Dr. Demento have to do with Tom Lehrer?

--------------------

+Quote Post
SkankinLibrarian
post Jan 13 2018, 12:03 AM
Post #41794

Terrible. Just terrible.

yeah i dont get it either, but I love the vandals and Tom Lehrer is amazing so ill allow it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Jan 13 2018, 01:28 PM
Post #41795

No one should do any of this

Group: Psych Ward
Member No.: 295

Lol Jeff Rosenstock liked a comment I made on facebook

--------------------

+Quote Post
dumbducky
post Jan 16 2018, 07:17 PM
Post #41796

Pfft, Signals Midwest retweeted me today.

+Quote Post
SkankinLibrarian
post Jan 16 2018, 07:31 PM
Post #41797

Terrible. Just terrible.

whatever noobs, like 2 years ago Kevin Seconds actually responded to my tweet.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Logan
post Jan 17 2018, 04:11 PM
Post #41798

Member No.: 163

I started a music project.

http://seen-saw.com

Each and every week I'm releasing an original song on seen-saw.com. The idea is original and totally not stolen from Jonathan Coulton and They Might Be Giants.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Boner City
post Jan 19 2018, 08:44 PM
Post #41799

Member No.: 10,613

Definitely not stolen from Into It. Over It. either.

--------------------
QUOTE (BroRapingBonerCity @ May 1 2011, 11:01 PM) *
Boner City for life.

Get some Spoke Too Soon down ya!

+Quote Post
SkankinLibrarian
post Jan 20 2018, 12:34 AM
Post #41800

Terrible. Just terrible.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2091 Pages V  « < 2088 2089 2090  2091 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd January 2018 - 05:20 AM