Reply to this topicStart new topic
What are you watching?, #ThanosDemandsYourSpoilerTags
SkankinLibrarian
post Nov 17 2017, 05:32 AM
Post #3581

Terrible. Just terrible.

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,850

Why are you guys talking about doctor strange. Its been like a whole year break.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Nov 17 2017, 08:56 AM
Post #3582

screenplay!

Group: Validating
Member No.: 38

I'm the only one who ever updates the subtitles, and I haven't been doing it.

And that's disappointing but not surprising, I was hoping whedon could pull something out of it but figured Snyder had probably already broken it at its foundation.

--------------------
QUOTE (The Virgin Mary @ Aug 29 2010, 10:43 PM) [snapback]367127[/snapback]
Also, while European women aren't usually fat, most smoke, which is a huge turnoff for me personally. But really, what the fuck...it's just a one night stand anyways, so who cares at that point.

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
?Rorshach?
post Nov 17 2017, 11:57 AM
Post #3583

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 693

It's EXTREMELY obvious what Whedon reshot...like, I think the incongruity makes it worse than if he hadn't touched it.

Super brutal/grim/violent fight scene...then cut to a shot of just Batman, laying on a nondescript concrete floor, with a quippy one liner.

It sucked.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Nov 17 2017, 03:10 PM
Post #3584

screenplay!

Yeah I can totally see that. Those two styles are really far apart.

I honestly think WB's only path to a good shared universe DC franchise is a total reboot at this point. Which won't really happen, which I think is why we're hearing rumors of alternate-universe movies instead of shared universe ones.

But maybe they will reboot, especially if affleck gets fed up and bails. Which would be a shame because I think he was a really interesting choice for batman.

Anyway, I'm probably not seeing this until it hits HBO or something

--------------------
Also, while European women aren't usually fat, most smoke, which is a huge turnoff for me personally. But really, what the fuck...it's just a one night stand anyways, so who cares at that point.

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
?Rorshach?
post Nov 17 2017, 04:35 PM
Post #3585

I think the DCU could benefit by capitalizing on the multiverse.

They can recast anyone they want ("oh man...this earth's batman looks just like Josh Brolin and Lex Luthor is Bryan Cranston!"), they can change any characterizations they want ("this Batman has gadgets and martial arts training instead of assault rifles and his Joker isn't a juggalo!"), and they don't ever have to admit that what they had been doing sucked eggs.

But yeah, this just isn't working. Snyder can make some awesome looking stuff, but he has zero grasp of story or characterization. I'm really not that dude that's like "THAT'S NOT WHAT IT WAS LIKE IN THE COMIC THO!!!!", but I think if the point of your film is to bring beloved characters to life, you should probably maintain the things that made them beloved.

I was just telling Brit last night, that Batman is one of my all time favorite characters in anything...but I'm literally never rooting for Batfleck. Every single scene he's in is inane at best and dickish at worst. Dude isn't Batman.

Likewise, Superman is so dark and moody. That's like, the opposite of everything anyone has ever loved about that character. There's literally one line in all of JL that made me smile, and it's because its dumb and hokey and corny...and basically everything Superman should be. It's also obvious that all of that was done completely by accident.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Nov 18 2017, 05:06 PM
Post #3586

screenplay!

Oh, so I don't care about spoilers since I'm probably not seeing this movie for like six months and don't care that much anyway--

Green Lantern, yes or no?

--------------------

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
?Rorshach?
post Nov 19 2017, 12:21 AM
Post #3587

QUOTE (sonofaresiii @ Nov 18 2017, 04:06 PM) *
Oh, so I don't care about spoilers since I'm probably not seeing this movie for like six months and don't care that much anyway--

Green Lantern, yes or no?

Direct answer to your question,
There's a lantern cameo.

More specific answer,
Not like, a specific lantern, some ancient lantern in an ancient war with Stepenwolf.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SkankinLibrarian
post Nov 19 2017, 01:16 AM
Post #3588

Terrible. Just terrible.

tehre is a green latern movies suppose to drop in like 2020. and rumors have it that it will be Hal Jordan and John Stewart.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Nov 22 2017, 11:58 AM
Post #3589

screenplay!

Anyone watching runaways? It's really good, it's the first time I've felt like hulu tried to make a real TV show instead of just a glorified web series.

It's really slow though, I'm on the third episode and we still haven't seen more than hints at super powers. So I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't really pick up new viewers. Still though, it's good.

--------------------

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
JP Penney
post Nov 22 2017, 06:14 PM
Post #3590

suave & sexy

Member No.: 885

QUOTE (sonofaresiii @ Nov 22 2017, 11:58 AM) *
Anyone watching runaways? It's really good, it's the first time I've felt like hulu tried to make a real TV show instead of just a glorified web series.

It's really slow though, I'm on the third episode and we still haven't seen more than hints at super powers. So I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't really pick up new viewers. Still though, it's good.

I loved the comic maybe I'll check it out.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sellout
post Jan 20 2018, 10:44 AM
Post #3591

Banned

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10

I just finished season 1 of Crazy Ex Girlfriend and it's pretty fucking good. It's a serialized comedy with 2-3 musical numbers each episode. The plot is pretty simple to begin with, as evident in the opening title sequence, but each episode adds depth to the story and characters.

This post has been edited by sellout: Jan 20 2018, 10:44 AM

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Jan 20 2018, 01:41 PM
Post #3592

screenplay!

I watched about half the first episode but didn't dig it.

Does it get better/different or is it just not gonna be for me? I keep seeing it be recommended, and specifically recommended for someone who's into the things I'm into.

In other news, I've become more of a fan of Black Mirror since they started to move away from having every episode be a depressing lecture about the evils of society.

Also, we FINALLY finished the Sopranos (overall, eh) and have started watching Goliath, which is David E. Kelley's (The Practice, Boston Legal, Big Little Lies or whatever that HBO show was with nicole kidman that won every award) amazon show. It's good, and Billy Bob Thorton is blowing me out of the water, I kind of thought he didn't have it in him, or maybe had kind of given up "good" acting.

But it's a mini-series so we'll be through with that soon... any recommendations? I'm thinking of pirating Atlanta next, but I'd rather stay away from pirating if I can avoid it.

(ps we're also watching through grey's anatomy which is our "fall asleep" show... it's great because it's fairly consistent, usually not very heavy and there's like 14 seasons of it. It's not GOOD tv, but it's good to fall asleep to)

--------------------

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
?Rorshach?
post Jan 20 2018, 03:50 PM
Post #3593

QUOTE (sonofaresiii @ Jan 20 2018, 12:41 PM) *
I watched about half the first episode but didn't dig it.

Does it get better/different or is it just not gonna be for me? I keep seeing it be recommended, and specifically recommended for someone who's into the things I'm into.

It's one of my favorite shows on TV.

I think it loses people because at first shrug, its a "basic white-girl show", and sort of comes off as "the gilmore girls but with singing". As it goes on though, you realize that its really a satire of that sort of show.

It's sort of a "rom com" in the same sense that Community was a "sitcom".

All the stuff that makes you roll your eyes at and go "that's a super unhealthy representation of relationships", eventually gets addressed, and it gets pretty dark as they explore the impact of that kind of shit on people (changing themselves to try and be more compatible with their significant others, setting relationship conditions and ultimatums, obsessing over their partner at the expense of their own well being, etc).

It also seriously becomes one of the best representations of mental illness I've ever seen on television.

So that said, I think it rules, but also...

In other news, I've become more of a fan of Black Mirror since they started to move away from having every episode be a depressing lecture about the evils of society.

...I love the uber dark/depressing side of Black Mirror.

It's what made it one of my favorite shows. I haven't caught up on the newest season yet, but I keep hearing it's a little more optimistic, and that has me sort of put off.

Also, we FINALLY finished the Sopranos (overall, eh)

...literally my favorite show in the history of television.

So...maybe we just have different tastes?

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Jan 20 2018, 06:18 PM
Post #3594

screenplay!

QUOTE (?Rorshach? @ Jan 20 2018, 03:50 PM) *
...I love the uber dark/depressing side of Black Mirror.

It's what made it one of my favorite shows. I haven't caught up on the newest season yet, but I keep hearing it's a little more optimistic, and that has me sort of put off.

Yeah I think you and I were pretty far apart on black mirror, but even with s3 they were starting to get away from what I felt was just a handsomeal view of people in general. I've only watched a bit of the new season, and the two episodes I saw (mild spoilers?) ended on at least sort of an up-note (though that's more a symptom of the overall trend), but in general I feel like it's becoming less... what it was and more just a general modern day twilight zone.

...literally my favorite show in the history of television.

So...maybe we just have different tastes?

yeah I think we do. But also, have you watched Sopranos recently? I do think that a lot of it was kind of ground-breaking for its time stuff so even watching it I wondered if maybe it wasn't as interesting to me because it suffered from seinfield syndrome. I didn't not enjoy it, but I guess I was expecting a show about the mafia and what I saw was more a drama about family dynamics, with the mafia just being another complication in the family. Which isn't bad, but again it was just fine, watching it fresh in 2017-2018.

Also I will never forget how freaking weird and awkward it was that the actor who played Tony's mother passed away and they decided to CGI in outtakes of her face onto a stand-in. Back before CGI was even halfway even able to actually do that.

--------------------

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Feb 19 2018, 01:05 AM
Post #3595

No one should do any of this

Group: Psych Ward
Member No.: 295

Black Panther was solid. I've spent all day thinking of another Marvel movie that was as good but I'm coming up with nothing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sellout
post Feb 19 2018, 07:41 AM
Post #3596

Banned

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10

That "Everything Sucks!" show on Netflix has a lot of ska references. It opens with "The Impression That I Get" and the title may be a Real Big Fish reference. It's a pretty cool little drama about high schoolers in the 90's. There was a Presidents of the United States song as well.

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Feb 19 2018, 03:47 PM
Post #3597

No one should do any of this

Group: Psych Ward
Member No.: 295

Okay I KNOW you fuckers watched Black Panther

This post has been edited by Klonny: Feb 19 2018, 03:48 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
SkankinLibrarian
post Feb 19 2018, 04:15 PM
Post #3598

Terrible. Just terrible.

Everything Sucks is alright. Like a poor man's freak and geeks. Also Emaline is hot as hell.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Feb 19 2018, 09:32 PM
Post #3599

screenplay!

QUOTE (Klonny @ Feb 19 2018, 03:47 PM) *
Okay I KNOW you fuckers watched Black Panther

Going tomorrow, if tickets aren't sold out. There's an Alamo Drafthouse in walking distance that does all ages Tuesday matinees, and Molly has the day off, so we're taking the little dude.

Now that my movie pass has been working and the weather's been nice, I've actually been taking him every Tuesday. It's great. We saw Coco and I, Tonya. And now Black Panther. I think there's a new tomb raider coming out after that, so I guess we'll see it but I'm not expecting much. Same with with Wrinkle in Time. And then Ready Player One!

--------------------

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
dumbducky
post Feb 19 2018, 11:37 PM
Post #3600

Member No.: 11,112

How was I Tonya? That's like the only movie mentioned your post I have any interest in seeing.

+Quote Post

185 Pages V  « < 178 179 180  181 182 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th October 2018 - 12:33 AM