Reply to this topicStart new topic
What are you watching?, Your mother
SkankinLibrarian
post Nov 17 2017, 05:32 AM
Post #3581

Terrible. Just terrible.

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,850

Why are you guys talking about doctor strange. Its been like a whole year break.

--------------------
SHUT UP AND SKANK

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Nov 17 2017, 08:56 AM
Post #3582

screenplay!

Member No.: 38

I'm the only one who ever updates the subtitles, and I haven't been doing it.

And that's disappointing but not surprising, I was hoping whedon could pull something out of it but figured Snyder had probably already broken it at its foundation.

--------------------
QUOTE (The Virgin Mary @ Aug 29 2010, 10:43 PM) [snapback]367127[/snapback]
Also, while European women aren't usually fat, most smoke, which is a huge turnoff for me personally. But really, what the fuck...it's just a one night stand anyways, so who cares at that point.

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
?Rorshach?
post Nov 17 2017, 11:57 AM
Post #3583

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 693

It's EXTREMELY obvious what Whedon reshot...like, I think the incongruity makes it worse than if he hadn't touched it.

Super brutal/grim/violent fight scene...then cut to a shot of just Batman, laying on a nondescript concrete floor, with a quippy one liner.

It sucked.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Nov 17 2017, 03:10 PM
Post #3584

screenplay!

Yeah I can totally see that. Those two styles are really far apart.

I honestly think WB's only path to a good shared universe DC franchise is a total reboot at this point. Which won't really happen, which I think is why we're hearing rumors of alternate-universe movies instead of shared universe ones.

But maybe they will reboot, especially if affleck gets fed up and bails. Which would be a shame because I think he was a really interesting choice for batman.

Anyway, I'm probably not seeing this until it hits HBO or something

--------------------
Also, while European women aren't usually fat, most smoke, which is a huge turnoff for me personally. But really, what the fuck...it's just a one night stand anyways, so who cares at that point.

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
?Rorshach?
post Nov 17 2017, 04:35 PM
Post #3585

I think the DCU could benefit by capitalizing on the multiverse.

They can recast anyone they want ("oh man...this earth's batman looks just like Josh Brolin and Lex Luthor is Bryan Cranston!"), they can change any characterizations they want ("this Batman has gadgets and martial arts training instead of assault rifles and his Joker isn't a juggalo!"), and they don't ever have to admit that what they had been doing sucked eggs.

But yeah, this just isn't working. Snyder can make some awesome looking stuff, but he has zero grasp of story or characterization. I'm really not that dude that's like "THAT'S NOT WHAT IT WAS LIKE IN THE COMIC THO!!!!", but I think if the point of your film is to bring beloved characters to life, you should probably maintain the things that made them beloved.

I was just telling Brit last night, that Batman is one of my all time favorite characters in anything...but I'm literally never rooting for Batfleck. Every single scene he's in is inane at best and dickish at worst. Dude isn't Batman.

Likewise, Superman is so dark and moody. That's like, the opposite of everything anyone has ever loved about that character. There's literally one line in all of JL that made me smile, and it's because its dumb and hokey and corny...and basically everything Superman should be. It's also obvious that all of that was done completely by accident.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Nov 18 2017, 05:06 PM
Post #3586

screenplay!

Oh, so I don't care about spoilers since I'm probably not seeing this movie for like six months and don't care that much anyway--

Green Lantern, yes or no?

--------------------

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
?Rorshach?
post Nov 19 2017, 12:21 AM
Post #3587

QUOTE (sonofaresiii @ Nov 18 2017, 04:06 PM) *
Oh, so I don't care about spoilers since I'm probably not seeing this movie for like six months and don't care that much anyway--

Green Lantern, yes or no?

Direct answer to your question,
There's a lantern cameo.

More specific answer,
Not like, a specific lantern, some ancient lantern in an ancient war with Stepenwolf.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SkankinLibrarian
post Nov 19 2017, 01:16 AM
Post #3588

Terrible. Just terrible.

Member No.: 9,850

tehre is a green latern movies suppose to drop in like 2020. and rumors have it that it will be Hal Jordan and John Stewart.

--------------------
SHUT UP AND SKANK

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Nov 22 2017, 11:58 AM
Post #3589

screenplay!

Anyone watching runaways? It's really good, it's the first time I've felt like hulu tried to make a real TV show instead of just a glorified web series.

It's really slow though, I'm on the third episode and we still haven't seen more than hints at super powers. So I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't really pick up new viewers. Still though, it's good.

--------------------

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
JP Penney
post Nov 22 2017, 06:14 PM
Post #3590

suave & sexy

Member No.: 885

QUOTE (sonofaresiii @ Nov 22 2017, 11:58 AM) *
Anyone watching runaways? It's really good, it's the first time I've felt like hulu tried to make a real TV show instead of just a glorified web series.

It's really slow though, I'm on the third episode and we still haven't seen more than hints at super powers. So I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't really pick up new viewers. Still though, it's good.

I loved the comic maybe I'll check it out.

--------------------

+Quote Post

180 Pages V  « < 178 179 180
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2017 - 05:01 PM