Reply to this topicStart new topic
Red Dead Redemption
dix
post May 18 2010, 07:06 PM
Post #1

mormon

Group: Members
Member No.: 766

A number of us have shown interest in this game and a few already own it. Here's a place to share an fun/funny stories from the game. Are you planning on playing as an outlaw or as the hero? Personally I'm playing as the hero.
So far one of my favorite things to happen, was I shot a guy who I mistook for a bandit, and he turned out to be a sheriff. His two buddies chased me on foot for a good way into a mountain, and when I finally escaped, I got eaten by a mountain lion haha.

--------------------

QUOTE (sonofarseiii @ Dec 5 2008, 12:55 AM) *
working over christmas break is stupid. Not only do I not recommend doing it, I also recommend not doing it.

QUOTE (blaarg @ Feb 23 2010, 05:27 PM) *
Dix isn't a dick. Weird.

QUOTE (Playacting Anarchist @ Aug 3 2010, 01:20 AM) *
Why are you posting?
Shouldn't you be cleaning your next days magic underwear?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bamfer23
post May 18 2010, 07:40 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 71

I went to Gamestop to trade in games to buy it.
He said "Did you preorder it?"
I said "No, I did not."
He said "Oh, then we don't have any left. This is why we tell you to preorder it. No one ever listens."
I said "No worries, I'll just go to Best Buy."
He said "They won';t have it. They will be sold out too. You should have really preordered it."

I went to Best Buy. Bought a copy of the many in stock copies they had (you know, because Best Buy anticipates people wanting to buy a game, and keeps them in stock to get them).
Brought it to the register. Three people behind me also had game. They all said the dude at Gamestop gave them the same reading of the riot act.

Went back to GameStop. Showed the game to the nerd behind the counter. Informed everyone in the store that Best Buy had plenty to sell.

I never understood "pre orderering." Fuck Gamestop. Best Buy has it. So does WalMart and Target. Its like they are trying to teach us a lesson by not having it. They just dont get my business. Dummies.

Aaaaanyway, some bandits rode into town and had a dude tied to the their horses. I shot them all.
And then when the dude thanked me, I shot him too.

--------------------

+Quote Post
iammatt
post May 18 2010, 07:49 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,142

So this game sounds awesome? what's it about?

+Quote Post
bamfer23
post May 18 2010, 07:52 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (iammattpleevee @ May 18 2010, 08:49 PM) *
So this game sounds awesome? what's it about?

Basically, its GTA, but in the Wild West.
As it should be, since it's made by the same people, Rockstar.

Its fucking awesome so far, though. I like it. A lot.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bones
post May 18 2010, 08:57 PM
Post #5

mayor of boner city

Member No.: 1,715

QUOTE (bamfer23 @ May 18 2010, 08:40 PM) *
I said "No, I did not."
He said "Oh, then we don't have any left. This is why we tell you to preorder it. No one ever listens."
He said "They won';t have it. They will be sold out too. You should have really preordered it."

I went to Best Buy. Bought a copy of the many in stock copies they had (you know, because Best Buy anticipates people wanting to buy a game, and keeps them in stock to get them).
Brought it to the register. Three people behind me also had game. They all said the dude at Gamestop gave them the same reading of the riot act.

Went back to GameStop. Showed the game to the nerd behind the counter. Informed everyone in the store that Best Buy had plenty to sell.

I never understood "pre orderering." Fuck Gamestop. Best Buy has it. So does WalMart and Target. Its like they are trying to teach us a lesson by not having it. They just dont get my business. Dummies.

Aaaaanyway, some bandits rode into town and had a dude tied to the their horses. I shot them all.

Whoever the associate was who you dealt with was not following what the company told us to do. They told us to sell into our preorders if we didn't have enough copies for walk-ins. That guy is a complete dick.

But basically the premise behind preorders is this: Companies track the number of preorders a game gets. The more preorders, the more advertisement they will have for that game, before it comes out and after. This is why there are preorder bonuses...developers want more people to preorder their game so the word gets out more. The benefit for you is a quicker and easier transaction for no extra cost, plus free extras sometimes. However, Gamestop should allocate more copies to each store so there are no problems like yours. Hell, when I opened the store today, we only had two copies of Alan Wake to sell to the public. That's bullshit.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nocley
post May 18 2010, 08:59 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 10,750

Definitely will look into buying this.

--------------------
QUOTE (tobias19 @ Sep 19 2010, 01:09 AM) *
you are the worst. evey timw you say something, a little bit of ghandi dies. tha's the worst thing thatr could happen to todays's society. today we wneed more ghandi because he was qa ahuge fan of peace! and whne you say shit, I think i'm going to die. thanks you.

+Quote Post
The Virgin Mary
post May 18 2010, 09:27 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 616

I said "No, I did not."

Kind of like how I found a 120gb PS3 at a Target right down the road (who also had another 2 on hand), when the nearest Gamestop/BestBuy/Walmart that had one available was over 3 hours away. Not to mention that it was like $20 less.

On topic though, this game now intrigues me, and it may potentially be a cure for my PS3 boredom.

--------------------
QUOTE (Jabberjaw @ Dec 29 2007, 04:51 AM)
Do you know that only a small percentage of banks are robbed each year by criminals brandishing a swimming pool?

QUOTE (OstensiblySteve @ Feb 21 2012, 01:05 PM) *
It's exceedingly folksy. Like if you found a hair in your food, they'd call it a sunrise downhome hygiene whoopsie.

+Quote Post
forgotten marine
post May 18 2010, 11:47 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 61

i have it for teh PS3, loving it so far. It's as if grand theft auto and Oregon trail had a love child, and yes it is that awesome.

Anyone up for a lil skachilles free roam? I dont remember my PSN handle but i can look it up.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post May 19 2010, 12:12 AM
Post #9

IT'S GON' RAIN

Member No.: 520

are there still whores, it'd be funny to see a wagon shaking

--------------------
QUOTE (JOE RULES @ Feb 3 2008, 11:02 PM) *
Some of you straight edge assholes need to chill the fuck out and smoke a joint.

JOE RULES !!

+Quote Post
HighonFez
post May 19 2010, 12:32 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 612

QUOTE (monkeyman @ May 19 2010, 12:12 AM) *
are there still whores, it'd be funny to see a wagon shaking

Most assuredly. Just look for a "saloon".

--------------------

Hep, Hep.

+Quote Post
Freeze Time
post May 19 2010, 02:19 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 649

Can you ride up brokeback mountain?

--------------------
I love Life and I Love SKA. That's why I live to Skank!!!

+Quote Post
dix
post May 19 2010, 02:27 AM
Post #12

mormon

Member No.: 766

QUOTE (forgotten marine @ May 18 2010, 10:47 PM) *
i have it for teh PS3, loving it so far. It's as if grand theft auto and Oregon trail had a love child, and yes it is that awesome.

Anyone up for a lil skachilles free roam? I dont remember my PSN handle but i can look it up.

Add me, CIMT4L, and I'd be up for some free roam. There are a few other skachilleans I have on my friends list as well. I know hotsoup and Acoustic Bandit got the game.

--------------------

QUOTE (sonofarseiii @ Dec 5 2008, 12:55 AM) *
working over christmas break is stupid. Not only do I not recommend doing it, I also recommend not doing it.

QUOTE (blaarg @ Feb 23 2010, 05:27 PM) *
Dix isn't a dick. Weird.

QUOTE (Playacting Anarchist @ Aug 3 2010, 01:20 AM) *
Why are you posting?
Shouldn't you be cleaning your next days magic underwear?

+Quote Post
Freeze Time
post May 19 2010, 05:33 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 649

Ive been watching videos on youtube and I watched what I think is the intro video.. as you arrive at a dock??? and a car is being lifted off the boat. Tell me thats like the last unlockable in the game???

--------------------
I love Life and I Love SKA. That's why I live to Skank!!!

+Quote Post
bamfer23
post May 19 2010, 07:04 AM
Post #14

QUOTE (wherearemybones @ May 18 2010, 09:57 PM) *
Whoever the associate was who you dealt with was not following what the company told us to do. They told us to sell into our preorders if we didn't have enough copies for walk-ins. That guy is a complete dick.

But basically the premise behind preorders is this: Companies track the number of preorders a game gets. The more preorders, the more advertisement they will have for that game, before it comes out and after. This is why there are preorder bonuses...developers want more people to preorder their game so the word gets out more. The benefit for you is a quicker and easier transaction for no extra cost, plus free extras sometimes. However, Gamestop should allocate more copies to each store so there are no problems like yours. Hell, when I opened the store today, we only had two copies of Alan Wake to sell to the public. That's bullshit.

Yeah, its retarded. But whatever, I got it down the street, and got Reward Zone points for it.

I understand the "free" bonus shit, but really, id rather spend the money the day of then pluck down $5 months in advance for a game, especially if there is still not guarantee that itll be there (as you mentioned that you were told to sell into your preorder stock).

either way, game is bad ass

--------------------

+Quote Post
Justin
post May 19 2010, 08:56 AM
Post #15

Cthulhu!

Member No.: 73

I said "No, I did not."

Exact same thing happened to me a while ago, I think it was for Super Mario Kart Wii. I didn't go back and rub it in Gamestop's face though, good call.

--------------------
"But no account of David can prove to me that life is not just a game. That is just what life is when it is beautiful and happy--a game! Naturally, one can also do all kinds of other things with it, make a duty of it, or a battleground, or a prison, but that does not make it any prettier. Good-bye, pleased to have met you!"
~ The Journey to the East

I like my women like I like my coffee... covered in BEES!!!!

QUOTE (Freeze Time)
Your not an alcoholic until you piss yourself while sitting at the bar and dont realise. Until then your just a moderate social drinker who has uptight friends.

+Quote Post
Lokklyn
post May 19 2010, 08:04 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 626

i fucking hate gamestop

anyways, it's cool because i know a girl who's a designer on Red Dead Redemption
except the tutorial took fucking forever and i can't bring myself to buy it, knowing that I'll have to spend the first hour in snoozetown.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Klonny
post May 19 2010, 08:28 PM
Post #17

No one should do any of this

Group: Psych Ward
Member No.: 295

QUOTE (Lokklyn @ May 19 2010, 09:04 PM) *
except the tutorial took fucking forever and i can't bring myself to buy it, knowing that I'll have to spend the first hour in snoozetown.

This is the reason I thought Assassin's Creed was the stupidest shit in the world, and instantly wrote it off as a shitty game.

Note: I never completed the tutorial out of frustration. I don't need a tutorial step teaching me how to walk instead of run, are you FUCKING KIDDING me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tony
post May 19 2010, 08:28 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 213

I just lassoed a coyote. It ran away before i had a chance to "tame" it though.

+Quote Post
Bones
post May 19 2010, 08:46 PM
Post #19

mayor of boner city

Member No.: 1,715

QUOTE (Klonny @ May 19 2010, 09:28 PM) *
This is the reason I thought Assassin's Creed was the stupidest shit in the world, and instantly wrote it off as a shitty game.

Note: I never completed the tutorial out of frustration. I don't need a tutorial step teaching me how to walk instead of run, are you FUCKING KIDDING me.

The difference here is Assassin's Creed actually is a shitty game, while Red Dead is not.

--------------------

+Quote Post
hotsoup
post May 19 2010, 08:57 PM
Post #20

I am definitely a madman with a box.

Member No.: 4,836

I loved ACII a lot, bones. Are you including that in your criticism, or just the original?

--------------------

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1  2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th July 2018 - 07:42 PM