2105 Pages V  « < 2098 2099 2100  2101 2102 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Random Thoughts, Sour garlic knots
dumbducky
post Aug 20 2018, 11:27 AM
Post #41981

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,112

I know this isn't cool, but I saw Streetlight Saturday night. Those guys are phenomenal. It was one of the funnest shows I've been to in awhile. The only disappointment was that they didn't play Keasbey Nights in the middle of Point/Counterpoint.

Then later that night I got rear-ended and the asshole drove off when I tried to pull off the road.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sellout
post Aug 20 2018, 01:32 PM
Post #41982

Banned

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10

Dude, that sucks about your car. I'm going to try to see Streetlight in October but I think I'm TDY for a week in Atlanta when they're in Florida.

+Quote Post
yepyep
post Aug 20 2018, 03:21 PM
Post #41983

Member No.: 910

QUOTE (dumbducky @ Aug 20 2018, 11:27 AM) *
I know this isn't cool, but I saw Streetlight Saturday night. Those guys are phenomenal. It was one of the funnest shows I've been to in awhile. The only disappointment was that they didn't play Keasbey Nights in the middle of Point/Counterpoint.

Then later that night I got rear-ended and the asshole drove off when I tried to pull off the road.

In Austin? I was there too. I know it's not cool to talk about them anymore, but that's the 4th time I've seen them this year.

It was so weird to see that many people excited about seeing them in Texas, especially playing an album that for years after they released it I used to be one of about 20 people to show up at shows to see them. Weird in a good way.

This post has been edited by yepyep: Aug 21 2018, 11:24 AM

--------------------
Tokenly gay

+Quote Post
SkankinLibrarian
post Aug 20 2018, 05:25 PM
Post #41984

Terrible. Just terrible.

Member No.: 9,850

Seeing them in November when they play the riv.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Aug 20 2018, 06:19 PM
Post #41985

screenplay!

Group: Validating
Member No.: 38

I can't think of any other band that manages to grow its fanbase so much despite releasing only like one album a decade

--------------------
QUOTE (The Virgin Mary @ Aug 29 2010, 10:43 PM) [snapback]367127[/snapback]
Also, while European women aren't usually fat, most smoke, which is a huge turnoff for me personally. But really, what the fuck...it's just a one night stand anyways, so who cares at that point.

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
Voox
post Aug 21 2018, 05:02 PM
Post #41986

The Real Reason Hitler Tried to Kill Jews.

Member No.: 117

QUOTE (yepyep @ Aug 20 2018, 03:21 PM) *
In Austin? I was there too. I know it's not cool to talk about them anymore, but that's the 4th time I've seen them this year.

It was so weird to see that many people excited about seeing them in Texas, especially playing an album that for years after they released it I used to be one of about 20 people to show up at shows to see them. Weird in a good way.

Missed opportunity for a meet-up #12341234

--------------------

+Quote Post
dumbducky
post Aug 21 2018, 11:00 PM
Post #41987

Yes, in Austin. Also saw Less Than Jake there a couple of months ago. Direct Hit! opened. I asked Nick Woods for a setlist, but he said they just memorize it. Bummer.

+Quote Post
sellout
post Aug 22 2018, 01:17 PM
Post #41988

Banned

Anyone have any experience with helping someone out until they can find a job? I'm thinking about letting my friend stay for a couple weeks (like 3-4 weeks at the most), but I can't really say I want them here any longer than that. I don't want to be a dick, but I know if I don't explicitly put a timeline on things, I might end up stuck with them. I haven't offered any help to her at this point because I'm still talking it out with my wife. She's more on the side of wanting to help out, but I'm a little weary. Her friend who we would be helping out his capable and all, but she's also 21 with body mods, and has this aversion to anything that isn't exactly bartending (like she was doing).

I already started helping her look for high school graduate jobs. I guess I'm just more open to try anything, but there's all sorts of stuff out there, which was pretty exciting considering how small our town is. I just feel like it's her own self doubt that is making her feel like she can't do anything other than bartend.

But yeah, I found bank teller stuff, phlebotomy positions, hospital housekeeping, hospital cafeteria work, groundskeeping for the university, paraprofessional shit at the elementary school. I just don't think she should really be all that picky and that's the most annoying part so far.

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Aug 22 2018, 02:52 PM
Post #41989

No one should do any of this

Group: Psych Ward
Member No.: 295

Eh, I need a new job, or a 2nd one

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Aug 22 2018, 04:28 PM
Post #41990

screenplay!

Unless it's your super best friend of all time that you would trust your life to, don't do it. Find another way to help. I've heard so many horror stories of that going bad.

And keep in mind, I don't know where you are at the moment but chances are good that if you let someone stay that long, they're your tenant now and they don't have to leave until you go through the legal eviction process, which can take months or even years.

If you absolutely definitely are set on letting this person live with you, write out the terms of the stay at the beginning. You have to basically act like their landlord, because you are. The rent is $0 (presumably), but you still need to write out exactly how long they're staying, what they are entitled to and what they aren't entitled to. What areas they have access to, what food, cookware, amenities, bathrooms they have access to, how you're handling utilities, everything.

I know that seems like a lot for a friend, but it's really super necessary. If they're a friend, they'll understand, and if they balk, then they didn't really need your help anyway and they can go stay somewhere else. You ESPECIALLY want to do it if you're a friend, because these disagreements end friendships. Having it written out before hand could save your friendship.

But honestly I just wouldn't do it unless it's a really good friend. Find another way. Find a job for them or something. It's really not like letting someone stay at your place for a week or something, you're their landlord now and you have to take that seriously. They will have a ton of power over you and desperate people often act out of character.

--------------------
Also, while European women aren't usually fat, most smoke, which is a huge turnoff for me personally. But really, what the fuck...it's just a one night stand anyways, so who cares at that point.

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Aug 22 2018, 04:29 PM
Post #41991

screenplay!

Ps if there are jobs available that she just doesn't want, then absolutely do not ever do this under any circumstances. She doesn't want help, she wants to mooch. If she just needed help she'd take any job she can get instead of taking advantage of her friends.

This post has been edited by sonofaresiii: Aug 22 2018, 04:30 PM

--------------------

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
yepyep
post Aug 22 2018, 05:53 PM
Post #41992

Member No.: 910

I have let friends live with me before, but most of them were super motivated to get out and on their own, so that helped. My house was also set up well for roommates.

My biggest thing was that we agreed on a timeline up front and agreed that no matter what happened and no matter the situation (even if we both loved living together) it would end at that timeline. Only 1 person pushed it, and it ended fine, but I think that is really important. You need to set those expectations up front, like Alex said.

--------------------
Tokenly gay

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Aug 22 2018, 06:53 PM
Post #41993

I think letting people crash for weeks on end at your place is a terrible idea, but I'm not as friendly as you suckers.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SkankinLibrarian
post Aug 22 2018, 08:25 PM
Post #41994

Terrible. Just terrible.

I think we are all forgetting the important question here. Sellout, how good are her blowjobs/ muff diving skills?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Aug 22 2018, 10:57 PM
Post #41995

Lol this one time i had a friend who roomed with a couple and one day they had a giant curtain and mattress in the living room my friend called "the sex dungeon" and then like a couple days later they picked up some green haired chick from a club for an orgy or something and they had their rent money in their drawer and green haired chick jacked it all and basically the entire apartment lease thing got fucked up and everyone moved out.

I'm still giggling over the fact he was the roomate that wasn't invited to the orgy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Aug 22 2018, 10:59 PM
Post #41996

But during the fights from the fallout for some reason the couple broke all of my buddies dvds and whatnot and it was shitty that I let him borrow my extra copy of Dark Souls on 360 and they broke it. That hits me, man.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sellout
post Aug 23 2018, 10:08 AM
Post #41997

Banned

QUOTE (SkankinLibrarian @ Aug 22 2018, 09:25 PM) *
I think we are all forgetting the important question here. Sellout, how good are her blowjobs/ muff diving skills?

9/10. She's basically our NSA girlfriend already so that does complicates things further. I'm going to wait until next Wednesday to see if she asks for help and if she still needs it, we'll help her out. She hasn't outright asked for anything so I'm not worried about her mooching. You guys give pretty good advice. I'm definitely going to set a timeline. Even if it is an awesome arrangement, I think it's important that we all know it has to end.

+Quote Post
SkankinLibrarian
post Aug 23 2018, 12:28 PM
Post #41998

Terrible. Just terrible.

at this point just adopt her as a sex slave and charge her some rent.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Aug 23 2018, 04:11 PM
Post #41999

Any of you dudes ever participate in an orgy? Today my girl got a text from her lifelong best friend (who is gay) saying he's participating in his first three way. Also he's on the bottom.

Anywho we were talking about how orgies sound terrible and now I wanna know if anyone here is an Orgy Guy

--------------------

+Quote Post
dumbducky
post Aug 23 2018, 11:13 PM
Post #42000

QUOTE (sellout @ Aug 23 2018, 10:08 AM) *
9/10. She's basically our NSA girlfriend already so that does complicates things further. I'm going to wait until next Wednesday to see if she asks for help and if she still needs it, we'll help her out. She hasn't outright asked for anything so I'm not worried about her mooching. You guys give pretty good advice. I'm definitely going to set a timeline. Even if it is an awesome arrangement, I think it's important that we all know it has to end.

Playing with fire...

QUOTE (Klonny @ Aug 23 2018, 04:11 PM) *
Any of you dudes ever participate in an orgy? Today my girl got a text from her lifelong best friend (who is gay) saying he's participating in his first three way. Also he's on the bottom.

Anywho we were talking about how orgies sound terrible and now I wanna know if anyone here is an Orgy Guy

lmao this is Ohnoes level stupid, but I think Ohnoes usually at least reads the thread before posting.

Unrelated news, I have the new worst boss and I'm almost ready to bet my commander is going to fire her eventually. My shop is 24/7 and we have 3 shifts and a few people who work M-F doing admin shift. Day 2 of arriving on the job, she tells the director of the shop that he's going to be the new midnight shift lead and she'll assume his duties (on top of all the other shit she's responsible for). He's to report back that night at 10PM, and it's already 10AM. Then just this past week, she decided that our holiday policy was too lenient. It used to be that if you there was a holiday coming up, you would get a day off, even if it was actually that holiday. She decided that if your weekend falls on that holiday, then you got a day off and you don't deserve an extra day. The way this works with our schedules effectively meant that all 4 day weekends are now 3-days, and only half the shop would get a 3-day weekend when those came around. Apparently she made this sweeping change and never told the commander, who found out this morning. Reading the tea leaves, it seems he doesn't like it, but we'll see.

TL;DR: I hate my job.

+Quote Post

2105 Pages V  « < 2098 2099 2100  2101 2102 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2018 - 08:21 AM