Yea, that's right I took this picture

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bruticus
post May 10 2010, 01:35 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,146

i don't really play video games anymore. MW2 is basically a deathmatch version of CS with better graphics though.

--------------------
QUOTE (Klonny @ Jun 26 2010, 01:03 PM) *
Shut the fuck you, you little pussy bitch. S1ckd00d is the most hardcore motherfucker in the board-Fuck that, in northern goddamn Florida. This nigger can sport a fucking white guy fro and jump on stage playing the lamest instrument in the band and still come out a hardass, because that's his way of saying he doesn't give a fuck. This guy is so goddamn hardcore you can tell from his fucking usernames: S1ckd00d. Fuckin' doesn't even need vowels, because what does this look like, Shakespeare? Shit, that was nothing but crossdressing and gay frolicking. Bruticus, man, just from the name you can tell its what defines him: Brutal. Who the fuck is going to buy $160 dollar jeans? S1ckd00d. Because that shit is nothing to him. You might think "oh man, $160 jeans, that's like half my rent!" but this s1ck motherfucker JUST DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT. This bitch gets money, this bitch gets chicks, $160 is a drop in the motherfucking bucket to him. Who else will tell it like it is? Motherfucking s1ckd00d. You can count on this asskicker for anything. Who will tell you that there's nothing worse than a girl that is a liar? S1ckd00d. And you know what else? There isn't a single motherfucker on this planet that can outhardcore s1ckd00d. Bruce Li? Bitch. Schwarzenegger? Pussy. Chuck Norris? More like Chump Norris. There's nobody who can fuck with s1ckd00d. And make sure a pussy loser motherfucker like you never forgets that.

+Quote Post
Bones
post May 10 2010, 01:37 PM
Post #3

mayor of boner city

Member No.: 1,715

I'm in the same situation as you. I'm bored with 95% of the games released nowadays. Which does not work well for my job.

"Hey, is this game going to be any good?"
"No, it's the same old garbage as the last 30 games you asked me about."

--------------------

+Quote Post
dix
post May 10 2010, 01:38 PM
Post #4

mormon

Member No.: 766

I used to play a lot, then when good games on the Wii became harder to find, I stopped playing with the exception of the occasional SSB: Brawl with my friends. I got my PS3 in November and since then I've started playing regularly again. It's really hard to say what your case is.

--------------------

QUOTE (sonofarseiii @ Dec 5 2008, 12:55 AM) *
working over christmas break is stupid. Not only do I not recommend doing it, I also recommend not doing it.

QUOTE (blaarg @ Feb 23 2010, 05:27 PM) *
Dix isn't a dick. Weird.

QUOTE (Playacting Anarchist @ Aug 3 2010, 01:20 AM) *
Why are you posting?
Shouldn't you be cleaning your next days magic underwear?

+Quote Post
tobias19
post May 10 2010, 01:38 PM
Post #5

badass polar bear

Member No.: 666

QUOTE (PetroleumJelly @ May 10 2010, 11:32 AM) *
i always imagined as a kid that i'd be that guy who would play video games all the time with his kids, but i just don't see that happening anymore.

this. although i must add that my kids can play my 64 whenever they want.

--------------------

QUOTE (s1ckd00d @ Feb 6 2013, 12:54 PM) *
I met toby once. he was pretty cool!

QUOTE (SkankinLibrarian @ Dec 4 2013, 02:07 PM) *
anytime i can make toby look like a fool is a good thing.

+Quote Post
PetroleumJelly
post May 10 2010, 01:45 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 8,152

i just could never have predicted a few years ago that i would stop playing video games. maybe i'm influenced by my roommate who was sheltered as a kid, so he didn't get to play video games really until college, and he's really addicted to MW2, which i think is a really fucking terrible game that steals people's money. but i guess i see him playing the same thing over and over and it just makes me more and more aware of how unoriginal video games are now.

--------------------
It's me snitches!

+Quote Post
SkankinLibrarian
post May 10 2010, 01:48 PM
Post #7

Terrible. Just terrible.

Member No.: 9,850

i still play video games like there is no tomorrow, but to be fair i usually play games that have been out for several years and new games just dont hold my attention or enthusiasms that they use to.

--------------------
SHUT UP AND SKANK

+Quote Post
Injun
post May 10 2010, 01:50 PM
Post #8

boner mcgee

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 139

I find myself purchasing virtual console games on my wii and playing them with my friends, it makes me feel so old

--------------------
QUOTE (SkankinLibrarian @ May 29 2009, 01:49 PM) *
i dont have a facebook
facebook is for faggots

+Quote Post
Boner City
post May 10 2010, 01:50 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 10,613

I'm only 16 and I feel the same way as you. I guess I just probably played too much of them over the last couple of years.

--------------------
QUOTE (BroRapingBonerCity @ May 1 2011, 11:01 PM) *
Boner City for life.

Get some Spoke Too Soon down ya!

+Quote Post
Playacting Anarc...
post May 10 2010, 01:53 PM
Post #10

Proud citizen of the 3rd most boring city on the fucking planet.

Member No.: 116

QUOTE (PetroleumJelly @ May 10 2010, 01:32 PM) *
Since a lot of Skachillians are around the same age as me (i'm 21), i was wondering if other people feel the same way as i do about video games. in the last year or so i've noticed that i barely, if at all, play video games anymore. i grew up with all the nintendo systems just like everyone else and i'm not sure if i'm in the minority here, but i feel like video games these days are just repetitive and boring, with nothing new or interesting to grab my attention and keep me locked in. it just seems like every video game that comes out nowadays has a concept that has already been done, and all they did was make better graphics or make some stupid engine to make it more realistic.

do you think it's me getting older and growing out of playing video games, and that other people in our generation are finding the same trends happening, or is it just my lone opinion that video games just suck now and aren't worth playing anymore? i always imagined as a kid that i'd be that guy who would play video games all the time with his kids, but i just don't see that happening anymore.

or am i just a snob and i won't allow anything be considered better than my nostalgic games?

Quit playing shitty games.

You sound like a nickelback fan complaining about how bad all the new grunge music is.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~whocares~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+Quote Post
Playacting Anarc...
post May 10 2010, 01:53 PM
Post #11

Proud citizen of the 3rd most boring city on the fucking planet.

Member No.: 116

QUOTE (thejeet @ May 10 2010, 01:50 PM) *
I find myself purchasing virtual console games on my wii and playing them with my friends, it makes me feel so old

Why the hell don't you pirate vc games?

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~whocares~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+Quote Post
Dr. Science
post May 10 2010, 02:03 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 11,423

I've noticed the same thing. The video game industry has become more and more capitalistic since the PS2/Xbox/GC generation. I'd say somewhere around the release of Halo (just like my opinion, man). The problem with this is that most companies are content to rehash older games because they think that just because this game sold really well, another game that is almost identical will sell really well and make lots of money too. This means that a lot of the games you play today are following a strict formula or are a sequel to something that sold a bajillion copies, so they crank another one out really fast with the hopes of selling another bajillion copies (MW2).

Back when video games were still somewhat in their infancy, developers wouldn't dream of taking another's idea for a video game. They all wanted their games to be original and unique to the point that since there was already a game out where you drove a car, one developer changed his game so that you drove a car upside down. I don't remember the exact titles, but its true. This kind of spirit has been lost today. To be a successful game designer, you don't need to make a good game, you just need to make a game that sells well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sellout
post May 10 2010, 02:04 PM
Post #13

Banned

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10

im 20 so im in the same age bracket as you but i feel a little differently. i play games just about as much as i did when i was younger but its more of a temporary release for a couple hours. i used to wake up saturday morning and play majora's mask for like 10 hours straight. now if i play any game im only doing so for 1-3 hours and then i take a break. i think it has something to do with my environment changing. i live with my girlfriend now and have school during the day and work at night so i just dont have the spare time like i used to.

being older i actually have a better appreciation for older games from the SNES and up. i like trying to 100% complete games. whether its going for 120 stars, catching every pokemon, or getting all the heart pieces, i like the problem solving aspects associated with platformers and adventure games. i also dont like using gamefaqs or guides so that retains a little bit of mystery. that might be why some older gamers are jaded now. if youre stuck in twilight princess and dont know what to do next an answer is a google search away. its kind of unfair in a way. when you win its not really your victory. its split 50/50 with you and ZeldaNerd324r523 who wrote a gamefaq 6 years ago.

i got a little off subject there but i think gaming preferences evolve as you get older. when youre 10 you triumph at simply finishing a game. taking that same game into consideration you wouldnt have the same incentive of beating it again because you already know what happens. what i usually do is come up with a personalized goal to achieve. for example, lets say you really like Zelda: A Link to the Past. how about you play through it again and purposely not collect any heart pieces? or with pokemon you can do more than just beat the elite four. you can breed, ev train, and create tournament worthy party members.

to try to address your point about games sucking these days i would have to agree mostly. i wasnt raised on some of the more prevalent genres of this generation. sure, i enjoy playing a fps every now and then, but 5-10 hour campaigns seem like a total rip off to me sometimes. then again, games like halo are great because they have a booming multiplayer experience.

on a very broad scale, for this generation to stop sucking we need to see less family party fun games from nintendo, less loading times from microsoft, and less cutscenes from sony.

This post has been edited by selloutwithme: May 10 2010, 02:07 PM

+Quote Post
PetroleumJelly
post May 10 2010, 02:08 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 8,152

QUOTE (Playacting Anarchist @ May 10 2010, 02:53 PM) *
Quit playing shitty games.

You sound like a nickelback fan complaining about how bad all the new grunge music is.

you're an idiot. i don't play shitty games. that's my point that games these days are shitty, so i don't play them. learn to read asshole.

--------------------
It's me snitches!

+Quote Post
sellout
post May 10 2010, 02:10 PM
Post #15

Banned

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10

i buy virtual console games too lol. i also have some roms on my computer but my laptop has a mini sized screen. i much prefer blowing up dated sprites on a mammoth tv.

+Quote Post
Bones
post May 10 2010, 02:10 PM
Post #16

mayor of boner city

Member No.: 1,715

QUOTE (selloutwithme @ May 10 2010, 03:10 PM) *
i buy virtual console games too lol. i also have some roms on my computer but my laptop has a mini sized screen. i much prefer blowing up dated sprites on a mammoth tv.

This is why a modded Wii is the best course of action.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fever Sleeves
post May 10 2010, 02:22 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 11,277

My take is that no singular aspect of any modern game can compare to media dedicated toward that medium. Why suffer through trite dialogue, bad voice acting, uninspired music and terrible cinematography when I can read a book, go to a play, listen to an album or watch a movie? No game has truly captured the essence of a non-linear experience (except maybe for Second Life, and if I need to explain why that's an awful game then lol) so I really don't see what advantages games hold over a fucking Choose Your Own Adventure book in terms of being a storytelling paradigm.

I'm still totally down with 8/16-bit systems, because Streets of Rage 2 is bomb, yo.

+Quote Post
Dr. Science
post May 10 2010, 02:35 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 11,423

QUOTE (Fever Sleeves @ May 10 2010, 03:22 PM) *
My take is that no singular aspect of any modern game can compare to media dedicated toward that medium. Why suffer through trite dialogue, bad voice acting, uninspired music and terrible cinematography when I can read a book, go to a play, listen to an album or watch a movie? No game has truly captured the essence of a non-linear experience (except maybe for Second Life, and if I need to explain why that's an awful game then lol) so I really don't see what advantages games hold over a fucking Choose Your Own Adventure book in terms of being a storytelling paradigm.

I'm still totally down with 8/16-bit systems, because Streets of Rage 2 is bomb, yo.

You should play Shadow of the Colossus.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Injun
post May 10 2010, 03:26 PM
Post #19

boner mcgee

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 139

can i softmod my wii and still use gamecube controllers to play emulated games?

--------------------
QUOTE (SkankinLibrarian @ May 29 2009, 01:49 PM) *
i dont have a facebook
facebook is for faggots

+Quote Post
hotsoup
post May 10 2010, 03:27 PM
Post #20

I am definitely a madman with a box.

Member No.: 4,836

A lot of these posts are walls of text.

--------------------

+Quote Post

358 Pages V   1  2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 12:50 PM