Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Justin
post Jun 1 2010, 09:31 PM
Post #2

Cthulhu!

Group: Members
Member No.: 73

Google wants to know if I meant annotated.

--------------------
"But no account of David can prove to me that life is not just a game. That is just what life is when it is beautiful and happy--a game! Naturally, one can also do all kinds of other things with it, make a duty of it, or a battleground, or a prison, but that does not make it any prettier. Good-bye, pleased to have met you!"
~ The Journey to the East

I like my women like I like my coffee... covered in BEES!!!!

QUOTE (Freeze Time)
Your not an alcoholic until you piss yourself while sitting at the bar and dont realise. Until then your just a moderate social drinker who has uptight friends.

+Quote Post
KSUpilot
post Jun 1 2010, 11:08 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 340

oops

+Quote Post
Playacting Anarc...
post Jun 1 2010, 11:15 PM
Post #4

Proud citizen of the 3rd most boring city on the fucking planet.

Member No.: 116

Can I jump on this bandwagon?

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~whocares~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+Quote Post
PARTY
post Jun 1 2010, 11:17 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,414

BP IS SO AWFUL! I AM SO PISSED BUT AM NOT DIRECTLY AFFECTED BY THIS IN ANY WAY! IT STILL PISSES ME OFFFFF!!!!!! RRRRAAAAWWWWWRRRRRR!!!!!!!

--------------------

QUOTE (SkankinLibertarian @ Jun 6 2010, 08:36 AM) *
if they point of life is to reproduced, then why dont we just live on sex farms?

+Quote Post
LULZPUP
post Jun 1 2010, 11:33 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 7,306

it's still a fucking disaster

--------------------

+Quote Post
blaarg
post Jun 1 2010, 11:41 PM
Post #7

"I wonder if he has anything good on him..."

Member No.: 916

I hate YTMND, but this made me laugh.

http://therealoilocean.ytmnd.com/

--------------------
QUOTE (Crow Evermore @ Feb 20 2009, 11:36 PM) *
WILL YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP BLAARG I'M BUSY TRYING TO BE COOL ON THE INTERNET
QUOTE (jpmillman @ Oct 28 2009, 11:42 PM) *
That rules. You rule. High five.

+Quote Post
Playacting Anarc...
post Jun 1 2010, 11:43 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (PARTY @ Jun 1 2010, 11:17 PM) *
BP IS SO AWFUL! I AM SO PISSED BUT AM NOT DIRECTLY AFFECTED BY THIS IN ANY WAY! IT STILL PISSES ME OFFFFF!!!!!! RRRRAAAAWWWWWRRRRRR!!!!!!!

The best part is he wants to be a pilot for the airline industry, where he'll fly a jet that spews tons of pollutants by the hour directly into the troposphere (plus contrails!) by burning BP kerosene fuel.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Playacting Anarc...
post Jun 1 2010, 11:43 PM
Post #9

Like, how fucking dumb is this guy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
KSUpilot
post Jun 1 2010, 11:55 PM
Post #10

I'm in Air Traffic Control now, only have said it on here like 20 times....douche
I actually fly gliders for fun now...ironically enough, no engine = there goes your "best part"

Contrails are just water vapor from the engines and wing tip vortices...not pollutants...ass
Aircraft do pollute, but it has nothing to do with contrails. A glider with no engines can produce contrails, due to wingtip vortices formed by induced drag, something all aircraft produce.

What does the airline industry even have to do with a negligent oil company? You can be against BP and not be a tree hugging environmentalist freak. It is the biggest environmental disaster that has ever occurred.

This post has been edited by KSUpilot: Jun 2 2010, 12:08 AM

+Quote Post
Playacting Anarc...
post Jun 2 2010, 12:15 AM
Post #11

QUOTE (KSUpilot @ Jun 1 2010, 11:55 PM) *
PS: Contrails are just water vapor from the engines and wing tip vortices...not pollutants...ass
Aircraft do pollute, but it has nothing to do with contrails.

"That finding meshes with what Travis found. Comparing ground temperature readings during the 9/11 flight ban with those after and before it, Travis found that those seemingly inconsequential wisps fanning out miles above the earth were like a blanket, reducing temperature fluctuations nationwide.

Travis's findings heightened scientists earlier suspicions that the cirrus clouds formed from contrails did much more than just suppress temperatures - perhaps playing a bigger role in global climate change than many had suspected. A key 1999 international report had cited airliner exhaust as responsible for 3.5 percent of the climate warming shift."

"The jet-contrail problem is not really a pollution problem - it's a cloud problem," notes Dr. Travis back in chilly Wisconsin. "We're disrupting the natural radiation and energy balance of the planet ... trapping outgoing radiation and blocking incoming sunshine. And that makes the world a cloudier, warmer, less enjoyable place."

http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/0210/p14s02-sten.html

PPS: What does the airline industry even have to do with a negligent oil company? You can be against BP and not be a tree hugging environmentalist freak. It is the biggest environmental disaster that has ever occurred.

BP is one of the worlds largest suppliers of aviation fuel. So the industry you'll be working for gives that company billions in revenue each year, and your job is indirectly contributing to their profits.

Its not about being an environmental freak, its about doing some fucking self assesment. Ie, the value you hold (fuck BP lololol) doesn't line up with your choice of employment.

But hey, keep posting really funny pictures on the internet. I'm sure no one will see that for the empty gesture it is.

This post has been edited by Playacting Anarchist: Jun 2 2010, 12:18 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
KSUpilot
post Jun 2 2010, 12:25 AM
Post #12

QUOTE (PARTY @ Jun 2 2010, 12:17 AM) *

QUOTE (Playacting Anarchist @ Jun 2 2010, 01:15 AM) *
"That finding meshes with what Travis found. Comparing ground temperature readings during the 9/11 flight ban with those after and before it, Travis found that those seemingly inconsequential wisps fanning out miles above the earth were like a blanket, reducing temperature fluctuations nationwide.

Travis's findings heightened scientists earlier suspicions that the cirrus clouds formed from contrails did much more than just suppress temperatures - perhaps playing a bigger role in global climate change than many had suspected. A key 1999 international report had cited airliner exhaust as responsible for 3.5 percent of the climate warming shift."

"The jet-contrail problem is not really a pollution problem - it's a cloud problem," notes Dr. Travis back in chilly Wisconsin. "We're disrupting the natural radiation and energy balance of the planet ... trapping outgoing radiation and blocking incoming sunshine. And that makes the world a cloudier, warmer, less enjoyable place."

<a href="http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/0210/p14s02-sten.html" target="_blank">http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/0210/p14s02-sten.html</a>

BP is one of the worlds largest suppliers of aviation fuel. So the industry you'll be working for gives that company billions in revenue each year, and your job is indirectly contributing to their profits.

Its not about being an environmental freak, its about doing some fucking self assesment. Ie, the value you hold (fuck BP lololol) doesn't line up with your choice of employment.

But hey, keep posting really funny pictures on the internet. I'm sure no one will see that for the empty gesture it is.

More on the contrail study:

September 11, 2001 climate impact study

It had been hypothesized that in regions such as the United States with heavy air traffic, contrails affected the weather, reducing solar heating during the day and radiation of heat during the night by increasing the albedo. The suspension of air travel for three days in the United States after September 11, 2001 provided an opportunity to test this hypothesis. Measurements did show that without contrails the local diurnal temperature range (difference of day and night temperatures) was about 1 degree Celsius higher than immediately before; however, it has also been suggested that this was due to unusually clear weather during the period.

BP may not even survive this disaster...it is difficult to be the worlds largest aviation fuel supplier when you no longer exist. Not to mention, contracts can change very quickly. And it is actually Exxon Mobil who is now the largest supplier of aviation fuel, with BP as a close second. (Not that Exxon Mobil has a clean environmental record, but very few of the oil companies do to begin with).

Airlines do contribute to their profits, however, ATC really does not.

Yes, you could argue without airlines the need for ATC would be diminished, but there is still a good percentage of flights that are not airline related.

Overall, aviation does contribute to pollution, but aircraft like the Boeing 787 are trying to diminish this effect. The pollution that affected people the most was noise pollution around airports, and that has been greatly decreased in the last 10 years. I remember being at airports in the 90s and when planes would take off, the whole place would shake, now you can barely hear them.

This post has been edited by KSUpilot: Jun 2 2010, 12:31 AM

+Quote Post
Playacting Anarc...
post Jun 2 2010, 12:35 AM
Post #13

QUOTE (KSUpilot @ Jun 2 2010, 12:25 AM) *
BP may not even survive this disaster...it is difficult to be the worlds largest aviation fuel supplier when you no longer exist. Not to mention, contracts can change very quickly. And it is actually Exxon Mobil who is now the largest supplier of aviation fuel, with BP as a close second. (Not that Exxon Mobil has a clean environmental record, but very few of the oil companies do to begin with).

What the hell are you smoking? And you mention Exxon right after that, hahaha.

Airlines do contribute to their profits, however, ATC really does not.

Yes, you could argue without airlines the need for ATC would be diminished, but there is still a good percentage of flights that are not airline related.

This is the best you can do? That like saying your against automobile pollution but work for the government building highways. Since you don't directly contribute to the profits of the car and oil companies your hand are clean!

Maybe you should just post some quote with no reference again instead.

This post has been edited by Playacting Anarchist: Jun 2 2010, 12:36 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
KSUpilot
post Jun 2 2010, 12:39 AM
Post #14

QUOTE (Playacting Anarchist @ Jun 2 2010, 01:35 AM) *
What the hell are you smoking? And you mention Exxon right after that, hahaha.

This is the best you can do? That like saying your against automobile pollution but work for the government building highways. Since you don't directly contribute to the profits of the car and oil companies your hand are clean!

Maybe you should just post some quote with no reference again instead.

Never said I was against aviation pollution. I said I was against the BP oil spill and BP's actions since then.

There is no comparison between the effects of the oil spill and aviation pollution. You were the one who brought up how much the aviation industry pollutes. If you can find me proof that the airline industry destroys the environment more than this spill has then I will admit defeat. Go for it.

Also, their stock is currently plummeting. There is a chance that BP could be bought out by some other company...hence BP may not survive this disaster.

This post has been edited by KSUpilot: Jun 2 2010, 12:43 AM

+Quote Post
Playacting Anarc...
post Jun 2 2010, 12:43 AM
Post #15

I know that, but you bitching about an oil spill when you want to work for an industry that is, at the very least, somewhat complicit is funny.

As is posting images on lame ska message boards (and likely super witty wall post on facebook about bp) - its changes nothing and is just a pathetic attempt at appearing to care.

--------------------

+Quote Post
adsfkahsdf
post Jun 2 2010, 12:43 AM
Post #16

One Year Awesome

Member No.: 873

You guys should PM each other because I am tired of the wall of texts.

+Quote Post
bruticus
post Jun 2 2010, 12:32 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 1,146

if you don't like it, you can get out.

--------------------
QUOTE (Klonny @ Jun 26 2010, 01:03 PM) *
Shut the fuck you, you little pussy bitch. S1ckd00d is the most hardcore motherfucker in the board-Fuck that, in northern goddamn Florida. This nigger can sport a fucking white guy fro and jump on stage playing the lamest instrument in the band and still come out a hardass, because that's his way of saying he doesn't give a fuck. This guy is so goddamn hardcore you can tell from his fucking usernames: S1ckd00d. Fuckin' doesn't even need vowels, because what does this look like, Shakespeare? Shit, that was nothing but crossdressing and gay frolicking. Bruticus, man, just from the name you can tell its what defines him: Brutal. Who the fuck is going to buy $160 dollar jeans? S1ckd00d. Because that shit is nothing to him. You might think "oh man, $160 jeans, that's like half my rent!" but this s1ck motherfucker JUST DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT. This bitch gets money, this bitch gets chicks, $160 is a drop in the motherfucking bucket to him. Who else will tell it like it is? Motherfucking s1ckd00d. You can count on this asskicker for anything. Who will tell you that there's nothing worse than a girl that is a liar? S1ckd00d. And you know what else? There isn't a single motherfucker on this planet that can outhardcore s1ckd00d. Bruce Li? Bitch. Schwarzenegger? Pussy. Chuck Norris? More like Chump Norris. There's nobody who can fuck with s1ckd00d. And make sure a pussy loser motherfucker like you never forgets that.

+Quote Post
penguindude
post Jun 2 2010, 07:00 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 1,021

There's a difference between pollution with a reason (flying an airplane, transporting goods and people, or just for the pleasure of the wealthy) and pollution for no reason (IE, a big oops caused by greed and negligence on the part of the company and the government). Neither are too lovely, but one is obviously worse.
All the air traffic in history hasn't shut down entire fishing industries overnight. Or destroyed fragile ecosystems overnight.

And as for it not mattering to us... should we just ignore anything that happens outside of our backyard? I guess people in Utah should have shrugged of 9-11, right?

Playacting, you're obviously just trying to pick a fight here, calm down.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Greg
post Jun 2 2010, 08:55 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 883

playacting got totally pwned.

+Quote Post
blaarg
post Jun 2 2010, 10:27 PM
Post #20

"I wonder if he has anything good on him..."

Member No.: 916

--------------------
QUOTE (Crow Evermore @ Feb 20 2009, 11:36 PM) *
WILL YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP BLAARG I'M BUSY TRYING TO BE COOL ON THE INTERNET
QUOTE (jpmillman @ Oct 28 2009, 11:42 PM) *
That rules. You rule. High five.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1  2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2018 - 05:24 PM