Super Smash Bros, 3ds and Wii U
ohnoes
post Dec 6 2014, 06:48 PM
Post #101

Failure, Complete and Utter.

Group: Members
Member No.: 711

I ordered one thats due on Wednesday.

Considering selling it for 10x the price because the pro controller is awesome enough.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Dec 6 2014, 10:25 PM
Post #102

No one should do any of this

Group: Psych Ward
Member No.: 295

I'm just about done with Mario on FG matches. He's a decent character, but everyone else just seems...MORE decent than him. He's supposed to be good because he's quick and adaptable but I'm finding lighter fighters can dish out more damage, or heavyweights just need so many less hits for a KO. I can't really score my KO's outside of the meteor F-air attack--And while its the most awesome thing ever to perform successfully, enemy players always figure out to start air dodging after I do it once.

Aside from that there's the back throw and aerial backs/ups, but they just require so much damage on your opponent. And fireballs just don't add up hard enough--They have a great flinch capability and they land well when you're high in the air, but it doesn't do much more than distract/disrupt them. FLUDD I can't even figure out what its for because it don't edgeguard for me very well.

If I'm playing teams I'd prefer Ness or Falco for the projectile controlling, and for 1's I'd prefer some who could launch harder, like Captain Falcon. I suppose I should start playing Doc instead in FG since he hits harder at the cost of said meteor.

HEY WII U OWNERS
What do you guys think of the new stages? My biggest complaint in 3DS is that I just don't think -ANY- the levels are designed too well. I have a suspicion the design is way better on the Wii U version. I haven't picked it up yet but I will soon.

--------------------

+Quote Post
benjula2006
post Dec 8 2014, 05:06 AM
Post #103

Member No.: 228

New favourite character/thing to do: Using Bowser on 1 on 1 for glory, after getting the first kill, lure the other opponent to the edge and Tilt B grab and hold back towards the edge, losing one life for yourself but finishing the opponent.

--------------------
Piss

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Dec 8 2014, 06:09 AM
Post #104

screenplay!

Group: Validating
Member No.: 38

Yeah, you'd definitely be the kind of guy to do that.

--------------------
QUOTE (The Virgin Mary @ Aug 29 2010, 10:43 PM) [snapback]367127[/snapback]
Also, while European women aren't usually fat, most smoke, which is a huge turnoff for me personally. But really, what the fuck...it's just a one night stand anyways, so who cares at that point.

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
ohnoes
post Dec 8 2014, 06:57 AM
Post #105

Ive been killing people with kirby in a similar fashion for years. Same deal with yoshi eggs. People always call it cheap, Nintendo always keeps it in the game, Im always really good at it. Ive defeated serious competititive players many times; Ive seen many a smashed Gamecube controller. Im not quite cheeky enough to go try it in a for realz tourny though.

edit: im good, but not as good as people who take it seriously, but good enough to kirby fuck them occasionally.

This post has been edited by ohnoes: Dec 8 2014, 06:58 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
benjula2006
post Dec 8 2014, 12:05 PM
Post #106

Member No.: 228

QUOTE (sonofaresiii @ Dec 8 2014, 11:09 AM) *
Yeah, you'd definitely be the kind of guy to do that.

fair comment

--------------------
Piss

+Quote Post
sellout
post Dec 8 2014, 01:43 PM
Post #107

Banned

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10

DK's grab and run off the edge is classic as well as Kirby's swallow and spit last minute. He can float back up sometimes too.

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Dec 8 2014, 02:17 PM
Post #108

screenplay!

Kirby never manages to get me on it, I always manage to recover. I haven't seen an attempt at it from DK/bowser in a while, so I don't know if they'd still get me. I figure half of it is I never get a stock loss on them because I'm pretty good against heavy characters.

Anyway, it's pretty cheap. I guess on the one hand, use the mechanics of the game to your advantage any way you can. On the other hand... What do you really gain from it? A meaningless win? Who's having fun at that point?

This post has been edited by sonofaresiii: Dec 8 2014, 02:18 PM

--------------------
Also, while European women aren't usually fat, most smoke, which is a huge turnoff for me personally. But really, what the fuck...it's just a one night stand anyways, so who cares at that point.

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Dec 8 2014, 06:51 PM
Post #109

Better than Kirby Fucking is cheap meteor KOs. They're cooler and harder to pull off but they make you just as much a fucking asshole. Namely I'm thinking of using Captain Falcon's Up Tilt. He lifts his heel and drops it, meteor smashing anyone he catches. Its a safe and ridiculously effective edgeguard. Another fun thing to do with any fighter is to jump over the edge not to attack your opponent, but to simply...Jump on their heads. Goombastomp victories are some serious insult to injury.

In other news, saying "I quit Mario" has just made me play him more. I've actually begun to remove Ness from my lineup on account he's just a few frames too slow on everything to keep up with higher tier fighters.

--------------------

+Quote Post
RotatingHornSect...
post Dec 11 2014, 10:08 PM
Post #110

Will never get a cool title

Member No.: 702

King Dedede has the suicide move too. But he also has the chance to survive if you can time to spit decently too.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Dec 29 2014, 10:50 PM
Post #111

I got a Mario amiibo earlier today and he's level 30-something and starting to beat me in 1v1 FG rules.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ohnoes
post Dec 30 2014, 05:02 AM
Post #112

*sniff* they grow up so fast

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Dec 30 2014, 08:19 AM
Post #113

screenplay!

Calling it. Amiibos are going to be the new distribution platform for dlc/additional content. There's no way a publisher doesn't look at that and say "you mean they'll pay fifteen bucks for a single character and all we have to do is make a plastic toy for it?"

--------------------

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Jan 1 2015, 05:53 PM
Post #114

Smash amiibos are pretty awesome so far. I enjoy playing For Glory smashes and this makes for a pretty amazing sparring partner since he learns to think like you. I get the idea is to play with them on your team but I'm enjoying that if I 1v1 my amiibo I'll have to struggle if I'm really trying to win. I don't mind exploiting their flaws to win (IE: Ganon ledgegrab or Ness Magnet while he throws 3 more fireballs) because that's the only way they'll learn to stop doing the same damn mistake. I guess its also kinda cool spending most fights in a clone battle since we're both learning tricks off each other. One small problem I have is that I fed him a few items and now when I fight him I have to deal with his matching skill ON TOP of straight-up better statistics. On the bright side, this paves a path to using my 3DS custom characters more to see what works.

But above all that, I guess I'm just interested in seeing a fighting video game robot that learns from you. It almost feels like a pet.

This post has been edited by Klonny: Jan 1 2015, 05:55 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Jan 1 2015, 05:57 PM
Post #115

If I were rich and obsessed with Smash Bros, maybe 40 and single, I would totally own every one at level 50. I guess that's a good way of describing how amiibo feels as a fad.

--------------------

+Quote Post
hotsoup
post Jan 3 2015, 02:14 PM
Post #116

I am definitely a madman with a box.

Member No.: 4,836

QUOTE (sonofaresiii @ Dec 30 2014, 09:19 AM) *
Calling it. Amiibos are going to be the new distribution platform for dlc/additional content. There's no way a publisher doesn't look at that and say "you mean they'll pay fifteen bucks for a single character and all we have to do is make a plastic toy for it?"

No way, Amiibo has been a fuckin' disaster as far as distribution goes. Plus the industry is going a lot more digital, and what if a character doesn't catch on? Having all that physical stock is a huge downside.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Jan 3 2015, 02:55 PM
Post #117

screenplay!

At the cost of what, fifty cents in plastic?

I don't know what distribution problems you're privvy to, but from what I've seen the problem is they can't keep it in stock. That's a pretty good thing for Nintendo, that they're way more popular than expected. They just need to work out the kinks, but I think once they do it'll definitely become more and more popular.

--------------------

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
sellout
post Jan 3 2015, 03:26 PM
Post #118

Banned

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10

I hate how shoddy most of them are. The dildo supports are terrible. I think Kirby, Pikachu and maybe one or two others don't have them and they'll be the only ones I can see myself purchasing. Even Samus has supports under her heels for no reason. Just make her pose flat footed.

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Jan 5 2015, 12:28 AM
Post #119

I've been loling like a madman playing Green Male Wii Fit Trainer in 1v1s. My favorite strategy is to ledgegrab and constantly float over the edge lobbing volleyballs and sun salutes before connecting the ledge again. It theoretically seems counterable but my opponent's always have trouble finding a way to reach me. I just did this to a Little Mac. Literally nothing he could do but kinda dance back and forth for like a minute as he suffered constant harassment.

So yeah, WFT is in my roster now and ya'll should jump in on the stretchin'.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Jan 5 2015, 12:37 AM
Post #120

PS: 2v2 FG can be played with 2 local players online. That's cool. Since it forces Final Destination it sounds like a real fun way of grabbing a bro and testing team combos. Sometimes you just get a matchup that's so damn cool and makes you LOOK cool. This one time I was a Ganon and got sided with a Link. I got to meatshield him as he projectile spammed, and it got crazy when they were in melee range of Link and we double teamed them. Certain combos we landed were just, well...For lack of a less degenerated word, epic.

I sometimes kind of wish I didn't enjoy FG mode online so much since its virtually the opposite of a competitive game. But eh, gotta stay best on your block.

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th November 2018 - 05:20 PM