184 Pages V  « < 182 183 184  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
What are you watching?, #ThanosDemandsYourSpoilerTags
dumbducky
post Jul 30 2018, 10:41 AM
Post #3661

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,112

Turns out sell it for a loss and make up for it in volume isn't a real business model.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SkankinLibrarian
post Jul 30 2018, 03:41 PM
Post #3662

Terrible. Just terrible.

Member No.: 9,850

QUOTE (dumbducky @ Jul 30 2018, 10:41 AM) *
Turns out sell it for a loss and make up for it in volume isn't a real business model.

It is if you can get the theater companies to give you a bulk discount. However they got balked at, and the companies rolled out their own programs i.e. AMC alist.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Jul 30 2018, 05:30 PM
Post #3663

No one should do any of this

Group: Psych Ward
Member No.: 295

This show is my new favorite thing out from Japan. Its basically anti-anime.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Aug 20 2018, 06:42 PM
Post #3664

Anybody watching Disenchantment on Netflix? Its Matt Groening's new medieval high-fanasty show with a buncha returning Futurama actors.

In terms of "is it good?" It is definitely better than the last 4 seasons of Futurama.

This post has been edited by Klonny: Aug 20 2018, 06:43 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Aug 21 2018, 10:11 AM
Post #3665

screenplay!

Member No.: 38

I mentioned it in the other thread but I'm 3 or 4 episodes in and I'm pretty disappointed. I'm not sure it has a lot of staying power (the main characters don't have good chemistry and are kind of one-dimensional) and the jokes fall flat more often than they hit.

It's not awful, it's amusing enough but I feel like mostly I'm just watching it because it's from "the guy who made futurama," not because I actually enjoy it. Still, I'm only a couple episodes in and a lot of great shows take time to develop. So I'll keep watching for a while, it's not like it's a really bad show.

--------------------
QUOTE (The Virgin Mary @ Aug 29 2010, 10:43 PM) [snapback]367127[/snapback]
Also, while European women aren't usually fat, most smoke, which is a huge turnoff for me personally. But really, what the fuck...it's just a one night stand anyways, so who cares at that point.

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
dumbducky
post Aug 21 2018, 11:01 PM
Post #3666

Member No.: 11,112

Is Matt Groening just the "guy who made Futurama" and not the "guy who made The Simpsons" now?

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Aug 21 2018, 11:06 PM
Post #3667

screenplay!

Well we all know he did it, but I'm not going to stick by whatever he puts out because of the Simpsons. I will because of Futurama.

--------------------
Also, while European women aren't usually fat, most smoke, which is a huge turnoff for me personally. But really, what the fuck...it's just a one night stand anyways, so who cares at that point.

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Aug 22 2018, 01:06 AM
Post #3668

I just wish Matt Groening did this years ago. Hell I said 10 years ago Simpsons needs to end and that he should make a new show, and yeah this is certainly better than current Simpsons or late Futurama.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Aug 22 2018, 01:10 PM
Post #3669

So I've snooped around the internet and the consensus is that Disenchantment is considered "disappointing".

And honestly, I don't see it. Disappointing was bringing Futurama back the first time. This by far exceeded my expectations.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Aug 22 2018, 02:10 PM
Post #3670

screenplay!

I definitely would have preferred Netflix just order some Futurama episodes. That show was never as consistently good as its first run but it was still really entertaining and they were still making some great episodes all the way through

--------------------

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Aug 22 2018, 02:49 PM
Post #3671

Truthfully, I disagree. Pre-cancellation, there is not a single bad episode--I challenge the board to find one! but after the movies? There are good episodes, but literally about 25% of then. The episodes like Bender's son or with robot ghosts are just flat out BAD.

This post has been edited by Klonny: Aug 22 2018, 02:50 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
ohnoes
post Aug 23 2018, 05:39 AM
Post #3672

Failure, Complete and Utter.

Member No.: 711

Even crappy episode of Futurama were still damn good. Shows like Rick and Morty and The Orville are still tripping over their dicks trying to fill the gap Futurama left.

Most new episodes of The Simpsons are still really good, particularly when compared to other television shows rather than itself from 20 years ago.

Disenchantment is kinda meh. There are funny moments but it doesn't come even close to Futurama or the Simpsons. The only person doing an above average job voice acting for the show is Eric Andre, nearly every other actor is just playing a crappier rehashed voice/character they've played before, and the demon is not as Eric Andre-ee as he should be. You hire a guy famous for going fucking ballistic and puking on set and all kinds of crazy shit to play a fucking demon and then have him be like super passive and relaxed? What the fuck? Somehow he's still the best on the show. When you have fucking Billy West, John DiMaggio, and Tress MacNeille, Maurice LaMarche etc and fucking Eric Andre is doing the best voice acting work in a mis-cast role you have a problem. The sound design is also not the best. I can hear when Homer is in his kitchen vs the power plant, or if Fry is locked in Bender's closet etc, everything on this show just sounds flat.

The sub-par theme song/transition music is a little telling; you don't waste a good/catchy theme song on a show you think might fail, because they are super hard to write.

All of this being said, I'm like 5 episodes in to its first season. The first season of Parks and Rec was a bit of a slog as well, and Disenchantment is slowly getting better each episode... I think. I still have hope it will improve, and it's a hell of a lot more watchable than a lot of other crap out there.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Aug 23 2018, 12:02 PM
Post #3673

I've been rewatching Disenchantment and its kind of even better

--------------------

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Aug 23 2018, 12:04 PM
Post #3674

Also I'm punk and enjoy rebelling against the norm, liking this show gives me punk cred because everyone thinks its SOOOOOO disappointing

--------------------

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Aug 23 2018, 10:56 PM
Post #3675

Oh and before i forget @ohnoes this show has a weed smoking demon how do you not love this

--------------------

+Quote Post
ohnoes
post Aug 24 2018, 05:18 AM
Post #3676

Failure, Complete and Utter.

Member No.: 711

basically every show has weed in it now

--------------------

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Aug 24 2018, 04:21 PM
Post #3677

Alright here's my last post on Disenchantment:

I watched it through a second time, and I enjoyed it even more. The first few episodes which felt slow the first time doesn't feel that way the second time--Just like Futurama. It started off slow but I LOVE the opening episodes. Last night I watched a bunch of season 1 Futurama and I realized that I enjoyed season 1 of Disenchantment more than season 1 of Futurama.

What I've determined I like most in this show is the voice acting--The main 3 characters aren't bad but not phenomenal, but the extended cast has some really great voice work. DiMaggio absolutely slays it as King Zog, and extras like Chazz are just so silly that you know the VA had the most fun playing him.

I've also found myself REALLY enjoying the music. Ohnoes is right that the theme song isn't as impactive as it could be, but the background and transitional music is very pleasing.

But lets be honest here: my perspective on this show is warped. Everyone wants to believe its disappointing, and maybe it is, but I'm simply unable to see it. I'm a fanboy, and I can see this show has just as much, IF NOT MORE, potential than Futurama. And for this reason, i need to stop talking about this show.

This post has been edited by Klonny: Aug 24 2018, 06:38 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Aug 27 2018, 08:13 AM
Post #3678

screenplay!

Finished Disenchantment. It picks up a little bit towards the end, which is weird because at the same time, plot is obviously not Matt Groening's strong suit and there's a lot of contrivances and plot holes and predictable-ness, but at the same time when it picks up pace it's the only time it really feels like the show actually has anything to say or any characters get developed. Somehow 75% of the show just feels like filler

I stand by what I said earlier, the show is a little bumpy and these characters are just inherently not a good match for leading the show together, so it'll be stunted until/unless some new characters show up to fill out the cast. But I enjoyed it and I'll keep watching. "Season 2" (or Season 1 Part 2) has already been ordered, so it's definitely coming. Be interesting to see if they get a third (second?) season.

--------------------

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
SkankinLibrarian
post Aug 27 2018, 09:38 PM
Post #3679

Terrible. Just terrible.

Member No.: 9,850

anybody else fall down the Youtube rabbit hole? Somehow this summer I started watching fishing videos and now im subscribe to like 7 or 8 fishing channels and i watch youtubers fish for hours a day now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sellout
post Aug 29 2018, 05:06 PM
Post #3680

Banned

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10

I use Youtube about 50% of the time split between Netflix in my living room. Most of what I subscribe to is crap like this:

+Quote Post

184 Pages V  « < 182 183 184
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2018 - 07:31 PM