Best. Posts. Ever. (NSFW)
sonofaresiii
post Sep 30 2013, 09:55 PM
Post #301

screenplay!

Group: Members
Member No.: 38

QUOTE (Spelster @ Sep 30 2013, 10:46 PM) *
Guys... I got a vegan microwave pizza because I'm lazy, hungry and stoned, and it's really bad...

EDIT: I actually lied guys sorry: it's not microwavable, I just microwaved it.

--------------------
QUOTE (The Virgin Mary @ Aug 29 2010, 10:43 PM) [snapback]367127[/snapback]
Also, while European women aren't usually fat, most smoke, which is a huge turnoff for me personally. But really, what the fuck...it's just a one night stand anyways, so who cares at that point.

FORE SCIENCE !!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spelster
post Sep 30 2013, 10:26 PM
Post #302

Member No.: 1,135

I'm honored

--------------------
p00p11010101002pppqoqoo10111

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Oct 3 2013, 07:49 AM
Post #303

No one should do any of this

Group: Psych Ward
Member No.: 295

I second that quote.

--------------------

+Quote Post
?Rorshach?
post Oct 7 2014, 10:44 PM
Post #304

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 693

QUOTE (Spelster @ Sep 30 2013, 10:26 PM) *
I'm honored

It has been over a year since any of us have thought "man, someone posted something really funny"

The board is dead. Long live the board.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SkankinLibrarian
post Oct 7 2014, 10:53 PM
Post #305

Terrible. Just terrible.

Member No.: 9,850

QUOTE (?Rorshach? @ Oct 7 2014, 10:44 PM) *
It has been over a year since any of us have thought "man, someone posted something really funny"

The board is dead. Long live the board.

Clean lungs were never meant to run out of breath

--------------------
SHUT UP AND SKANK

+Quote Post
?Rorshach?
post Mar 7 2015, 10:21 PM
Post #306

Member No.: 693

QUOTE (ohnoes @ Mar 7 2015, 06:57 PM) *
Oh, so you've self recorded and released a CD that sold ~300 copies?

Oh so you've been in several bands and played dozens of shows?

Oh, you've recorded in a multi million dollar studio?

Oh, so you're a <a href="http://torontola li lu le lo.pointstreaksites.com/view/torontola li lu le lo/staff-160/game-day-staff-25" target="_blank">professional DJ?</a>

So you're going to have a rational discussion by attempting to make an objective analysis of the album, with a stated bias towards your own point of view which is proving thematic and melodic cohesion? THANK YOU. I very seriously look forward to reading it, as I approach new information as objectively as possible, and also to having my established feelings about this album challenged rationally.

Also just going to point out that although I don't really like any of the 3 opening tracks, that's my opinion. I actually don't think quality wise the first two differ much from the rest of the album, they lack cohesion with the rest of the album, but someone else mentioned about how some tracks feel half done, and I think Hey Allison and Novelty Sweater are good examples of this.

My track by track analysis:

Get Old Forever: I actually really like this, but I feel like the melody is spoiled by the key change and flow change when it leads into:

You in Weird Cities: Way the fuck too abrasive for the 2nd song on an album, Jeff can sing this way better than he did, I don't know why he didn't but the quality of the song suffers immensely. Slow breakdown is the best part of the song yet it feels tacked on and jammed in. Almost like he wrote the second part of the song first then went back and decided to add an intro that turned into a 2 minute song leading into the good second half of this song. The song isn't even cohesive with itself, never mind the brutal key change at the beginning. The entire song from the beak down on is really solid.

Novelty Sweater: Falsetto sounds really ugly here. Very poor mixing job on the falsetto. Really feels like a filler song. Intro is jarring and disrupts the flow established by the end of You in Weird Cities.

Nausea: The vocals on this song (and the mixing on the falsetto) is the exact opposite in terms of being awesome compared to the previous two songs. Leads beautifully into Beers Again Alone, both thematically with the titles and lyrics, and melodically, being in the same key (at least for the intro).

Beers Again Alone: The little slide guitar bits, the simply PHENOMENAL mixing job on every instrument and back up vocal. The amazing bridge. Quite seriously might be one of the best songs Rosenstock has written especially in terms of mashing instruments together. Again, thematically this leads right into I'm Serious, I'm Sorry, and the relative keys helps with this transition.

I'm Serious I'm Sorry: Continue the rapidly down shifting up shifting dynamic established by Beers Again Alone, intro is in a key relative to Beers Again Alone.

Hey Allison: What the fuck Jeff. Worst goddamned intro he's ever written, shat all over the flow of the previous 4 songs. Lack of dynamics in the melody, in the volume, in the lyrical tone. One of the weaker songs on the album overall. Not even catchy.

Polar Bear or Africa: Well if you just take Hey Allison out (which I get the feeling it was just shoved in) this leads perfectly out of I'm Serious I'm Sorry, melodically, though the lyrical and dynamic themes have been dropped.

Hall of Fame: Literally fades from Polar Bear or Africa. YOU DONT GET MORE INTERCONNECTED THAN THAT. I feel like this could have just been tacked on the end of Polar Bear or Africa, but maybe Jeff didn't want a 7.5 minute song on this album.

All Blissed Out: Sounds to me like Jeff has been listening to The Robot Ate Me. At least it sounds similar in my brain. I actually really like this song, despite being of the opinion that it is ALSO a filler track of significant less quality than the rest of the album.

The Lows: THAT INTRO

Darkness Records: THAT OUTRO. Seriously great two songs to end the album on.

My ideal track listing:

Get Old Forever
Nausea
Beers Again Alone
I'm Serious I'm Sorry
Polar Bear or Africa
Hall of Fame
The Lows
Darkness Records

*drools*

--------------------

+Quote Post
Injun
post Aug 1 2016, 12:12 PM
Post #307

boner mcgee

Member No.: 139

Nostalgia, partially because of how ridiculous it all was, and partially because that's the way facebook used to look years ago.

--------------------
QUOTE (SkankinLibrarian @ May 29 2009, 01:49 PM) *
i dont have a facebook
facebook is for faggots

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 14 15 16
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2017 - 11:54 AM