IPB
6 Pages V  < 1 2 3  4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Skachilles politics thread 2015, Who you bitches voting for?
Logan
post Jan 22 2017, 05:48 PM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 163

I'm also not sure my vote got counted either, but I voted in Pittsburgh which went 60% percent Hillary. So, not much I can do on that one.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
yepyep
post Jan 23 2017, 10:08 AM
Post #42

Member No.: 910

QUOTE (YumOJ @ Jan 22 2017, 01:13 PM) *
The fact that people are eating up this, "The press is busted. We will bring the news directly to you through official releases," bullshit is fucking terrifying.

Literally terrifying. And if I hear one more person say, "well I've heard lies for the last 8 years, so at this point, if Trump lies about something little, what difference does it make?" one more time I am going to vomit. Like, there's a difference between having a bill get changed along the way and turning out different than you promised it would and actually straight lying about confirmable facts.

--------------------
Tokenly gay

+Quote Post
SkankinLibrarian
post Jan 23 2017, 10:24 AM
Post #43

Terrible. Just terrible.

Member No.: 9,850

You are all taking the bait, hook, line, and sinker. He is gas lighting/trolling/overloading right now. He is trying to be as offensive and provoking as possible without ever actually saying or doing anything that matters. He's getting the left so worked up into a frenzy that they are crying wolf at literally everything he says. By getting you guys all worked up and angry at everything, it mans when he actually does something worthy of this ire, nobody in the middle will be paying attention or going to take you seriously. You all need to calm down and be adult about this. Just shut up and wait for the truly egregious actions, this little knit picking and protesting every weekend is meaningless and off putting and does more harm than good.

--------------------
SHUT UP AND SKANK

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Jan 23 2017, 04:23 PM
Post #44

screenplay!

Member No.: 38

there is no way trump is smart enough for that. he may be doing it, but he's sure not doing it on purpose.

--------------------
QUOTE (The Virgin Mary @ Aug 29 2010, 10:43 PM) [snapback]367127[/snapback]
Also, while European women aren't usually fat, most smoke, which is a huge turnoff for me personally. But really, what the fuck...it's just a one night stand anyways, so who cares at that point.

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
SkankinLibrarian
post Jan 23 2017, 07:25 PM
Post #45

Terrible. Just terrible.

nah trump is sneaky crafty like that. I aint saying he is the sharpest tool in the shed, but he will definitely break skin and give you tetanus (lol anus).

--------------------
SHUT UP AND SKANK

+Quote Post
Injun
post Jan 23 2017, 07:47 PM
Post #46

boner mcgee

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 139

Yeah, I kind of agree with Skankin on this, he's going to rabble rouse a shit load his first 100 days, and then as people get sick of hearing about politics/Trump all the time, he'll start doing the crazy shit that's going to make his cabinet boatloads of $$$.

--------------------
QUOTE (SkankinLibrarian @ May 29 2009, 01:49 PM) *
i dont have a facebook
facebook is for faggots

+Quote Post
?Rorshach?
post Jan 23 2017, 08:15 PM
Post #47

Member No.: 693

I don't know if I'm completely on board with the motive (not saying I'm not...I just honestly don't know), but I definitely agree that that's going to be the effect.

The fact is, dude is president and the republicans control congress. We may be able to slow him down and maybe even avoid a catastrophe or two, but the sad truth is most of what he wants to do, he'll be able to do.

In the meantime though, all the dudes yelling and screaming at their republican aunts and uncles on facebook are only further cementing their opinions and dissuading moderates.

--------------------

+Quote Post
dumbducky
post Jan 23 2017, 10:12 PM
Post #48

Member No.: 11,112

#MakeFacebookApoliticalAgain

I posted that the other day and got 20 likes. But like 5 of them were from people who post political shit all the time. Wtf?

+Quote Post
yepyep
post Jan 25 2017, 05:41 PM
Post #49

QUOTE (SkankinLibrarian @ Jan 23 2017, 09:24 AM) *
You are all taking the bait, hook, line, and sinker. He is gas lighting/trolling/overloading right now. He is trying to be as offensive and provoking as possible without ever actually saying or doing anything that matters. He's getting the left so worked up into a frenzy that they are crying wolf at literally everything he says. By getting you guys all worked up and angry at everything, it mans when he actually does something worthy of this ire, nobody in the middle will be paying attention or going to take you seriously. You all need to calm down and be adult about this. Just shut up and wait for the truly egregious actions, this little knit picking and protesting every weekend is meaningless and off putting and does more harm than good.

This just isn't true. He's doing all of this because of his own ego, plain and simple.

But seriously, your solution is to just sit around and decide when a lie is important enough? Given your logic, if everyone just let his lies go unchecked, once they finally decide one is important enough, the "middle" would just say, "Nah, he's told us the truth this whole time, why would he lie now?"

--------------------
Tokenly gay

+Quote Post
SkankinLibrarian
post Jan 25 2017, 07:12 PM
Post #50

Terrible. Just terrible.

QUOTE (yepyep @ Jan 25 2017, 04:41 PM) *
This just isn't true. He's doing all of this because of his own ego, plain and simple.

But seriously, your solution is to just sit around and decide when a lie is important enough? Given your logic, if everyone just let his lies go unchecked, once they finally decide one is important enough, the "middle" would just say, "Nah, he's told us the truth this whole time, why would he lie now?"

Good! Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you!

The man is a lot smarter than you gave him credit for, even if he is only average intelligent. Nor did i say let every lie go unchecked. But at some point you are going to have to pick and choose. Crying Wolf every day, no matter how warranted, is going to get tiring and drown people out. It really doesnt matter whether he claims there was 1.5 million people at his ingratiation. IT REALLY FUCKING DOESN'T MATTER ONE BIT! i mean i get, he is lying to stroke his own ego and make himself seem bigger than he is, but at the end of the day the number of people who actually showed up doesnt mean jack. But that story has controlled the news cycle the last few rounds while he has gone on to do other things. Things that arent being talked about, because YOU ARE ALL STILL FUCKING SCREAMING LIKE CHICKEN LITTLE BECAUSE HE SAID 1.5 MILLION SHOWED UP! you gotta stop it. you gotta be the fucking adult and let the little shit go, cause there are bigger fish to fry and more important issues to get worked up about. YOU HAVE TO PICK AND CHOOSE, IF YOU DONT HE WILL GET REELECTED! STOP BEING BLINDED BY THE RAGE AND THINK RATIONALLY, IT FUCKING MATTERS! IT DOESNT FUCKING MATTER THAT HE THINKS THE ELECTION WAS RIGGED, BUT NOW NOBODY IS TALKING ABOUT THE FUCKING PIPELINE OR THE EMPLOYMENT FREEZE OR 15 OTHER REAL THINGS HE HAS DONE! HE IS MAKING YOU ALL THE BIGGER FOOL BY MAKING YOU ARGUE WITH THE FOOL! STOP IT!

--------------------
SHUT UP AND SKANK

+Quote Post
Logan
post Jan 25 2017, 07:24 PM
Post #51

Member No.: 163

I agree with Skankin that Trump is just blanketing the media right now, but I don't know if I agree that we ignore it and wait for the really fucked up lies.

I tailor my news reader to give me a lot of different stories from a lot of different sources. I have a workflow to remove duplicate new stories and I think I'm fairly well informed. With that said, facebook feeds are always filled with the "biggest trump lie of the day" which doesn't lead to anything but handwringing and memes.

I fucking wish Skankin wasn't right, but the coverage of his first week in office has been about how much he's lying about inane shit and that isn't helping anyone but Trump.

Goddammit, the internet was a mistake.

This post has been edited by Logan: Jan 25 2017, 07:26 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Jan 26 2017, 01:42 AM
Post #52

screenplay!

Member No.: 38

Well like, people aren't just outraged that he lied about the number of people at his inauguration, that's not just one thing people are freaking out over because it's super important or whatever

People keep talking about it and sharing it because it's an omen of things to come.

People couldn't care less that trump's ego got hurt so he lied about something unimportant, the problem is that he's already started lying while in office, a matter of hours after taking the job, and he did so purely to protect his ego... Which is worrisome about what he might do when things are actually important

And the reason it's getting shared is to point out verifiably that he's fucking up even the small stuff, which is important since SO many people said "let's not be hasty in our judgment of him, let's see how he actually does in office."

--------------------
QUOTE (The Virgin Mary @ Aug 29 2010, 10:43 PM) [snapback]367127[/snapback]
Also, while European women aren't usually fat, most smoke, which is a huge turnoff for me personally. But really, what the fuck...it's just a one night stand anyways, so who cares at that point.

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
SkankinLibrarian
post Jan 26 2017, 09:48 AM
Post #53

Terrible. Just terrible.

and thats why they need to calm down. its just an omen, its not the real deal. Trump is our president for at least the next 2 years and more than likely all 4 years. The shit will hit the fan, and its great that you see it coming, but screaming wolf like its already here is a problem. I dont think the left can get more outraged without turning violent right now. Everybody is at a fucking 11, and really you should only be a 5 or 6.

And the whole rubbing it in the face of people thing is also extremely off putting and shouldnt be done at all. its childish and demeaning, just like our president. Being on his level is going to help the left, its going to hurt it, cause he is the fucking master at that level. You have to outclass him without being love handshake about it.

--------------------
SHUT UP AND SKANK

+Quote Post
yepyep
post Jan 26 2017, 09:48 AM
Post #54

QUOTE (sonofaresiii @ Jan 26 2017, 12:42 AM) *
Well like, people aren't just outraged that he lied about the number of people at his inauguration, that's not just one thing people are freaking out over because it's super important or whatever

People keep talking about it and sharing it because it's an omen of things to come.

People couldn't care less that trump's ego got hurt so he lied about something unimportant, the problem is that he's already started lying while in office, a matter of hours after taking the job, and he did so purely to protect his ego... Which is worrisome about what he might do when things are actually important

And the reason it's getting shared is to point out verifiably that he's fucking up even the small stuff, which is important since SO many people said "let's not be hasty in our judgment of him, let's see how he actually does in office."

This.

--------------------
Tokenly gay

+Quote Post
dumbducky
post Jan 26 2017, 12:21 PM
Post #55

Member No.: 11,112

I oscillate between the Trump is a super narcissist and he's a 4D chess-playing genius position. On the one hand, you can explain all his actions as narcissism. On the other hand, nobody is talking about his (non)response to Russian hacking, his conflicts of interests, his cabinet picks, etc. Regardless the underlying explanation, he's always been great at sucking the oxygen out of the room and focusing all the attention where he wants it.

On an semi-unrelated note, what do you guys think of Lena Dunham? I'm having a hard time believing anyone actually likes her, but then again, I don't think I'm really her target audience. I only know her from her insane/bizarre political actions and have never seen her show.

+Quote Post
yepyep
post Jan 26 2017, 02:54 PM
Post #56

I think Trump is a very good salesperson. And agree he's a narcissist. I think what he's doing is a very common technique of snake oil salesman...telling people what they want to hear, even if it's not true and people will call him out on it. He knows that there are enough people that will believe him that it won't matter if some people call him out. There's also the Gaslighting theory that's been running around Facebook recently. To me that makes more sense than him trying to distract people from real issues. It's not a zero sum game...I've seen and read more articles about his cabinet and executive orders than I have about his lies.

My husband loves Lena Dunham. I find Girls really awkward and hard to watch, and I attribute that to her since it's her show.

--------------------
Tokenly gay

+Quote Post
?Rorshach?
post Jan 26 2017, 04:15 PM
Post #57

I think there are two points that are being made here and I think there both valid and relevant.

Trump is doing some really awful shit... but we can also be confident that he's just getting started.

In turn, there are people writing their congressman, sharing relevant news stories and actively protesting because they are rightfully outraged.

This is commendable and what they should be doing.

There are also people who have decided the"END IS NIGH", the system is broken and we're going to wake up to a shell of a planet run by apes. They're screaming bloody murder and calling anyone who says otherwise "fucking idiots".

This is just alienating moderates who voted for Trump because he said he was going to save their jobs and were maybe starting to acknowledge that maybe they made a mistake.

--------------------

+Quote Post
?Rorshach?
post Jan 26 2017, 04:18 PM
Post #58

Because dudes, it's critical to understand that there ARE people who voted for this guy for legitimate reasons.

I understand that this means that they voted for a racist and a bigot and I would never argue that their vote was anything less than "pretty fucking ignorant"... but if you don't want them to do it again, you need to change their mind and screaming in their face is getting us absolutely nowhere.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ohnoes
post Jan 26 2017, 10:41 PM
Post #59

Failure, Complete and Utter.

Member No.: 711

I blame the onion. They confuse more people than they entertain and gave a blueprint to fake news sites about how to go about their business.

Also it's hard to believe almost half your country voted for trump. Who are these people? Where are they? How are they so non vocal? I can picture the average Bernie Sanders supporter fairly easy, but not a trump supporter. All I can picture is businessmen in suits... I get the feeling that there are shit ton of people who voted for trump but wont admit it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mengde
post Jan 27 2017, 01:45 AM
Post #60

Member No.: 845

Lol

--------------------

QUOTE (SkankinLibertarian @ Sep 9 2009, 08:30 PM) *
sorry for trying to culture you

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3  4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 01:24 PM