Streetlight Post Emancipation Update #2
Injun
post May 8 2017, 08:13 AM
Post #1

boner mcgee

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 139

Post-Emancipation Update #2
First off, sorry for the delay. To say that we’ve been swamped here at Streetlight HQ would be the understatement of the decade. We’ve had a single sandwich since we last spoke with you fine folks. One. Also, we’re trying not to post until we have information that is 100% accurate and confirmed.
So let’s get to the good stuff, filling you in on the latest info and answering some of the questions you have been asking here on the world wide interweb.
1. All future SM (and other projects) recordings will be released (or re-released) on our own label, the Pentimento Music Company. We will never sign with another label. We’ve fought so hard to become free and completely independent, and we’re going to keep ourselves that way from here on out. No exceptions. We will own everything we create outright. More importantly, now that we have full control of our output, as well as the money generated by our music, we hope and plan to do more than we could in the past in terms of music videos, “special” projects, random releases of music and live recordings, etc. Bottom line is, we are now, and will remain indefinitely, 100% artist owned and run, completely independent. Our future, whether it be successful or a fiery train wreck, is entirely in our hands, and we accept responsibility for what we manage to do with our newfound freedom.
2. As many of you have noticed, as of a few days ago, our music is back up on all streaming and download services. So fire up Spotify, Apple Music or iTunes, Napster, Live Journal, what have you, and enjoy. Please and thank you.
3. We are in now in deep, nearly unfathomable debt. More than any band on the planet, possibly. We managed to scrape together the massive amount of money it took to buy our masters (and thereby, effectively our past as well as our future) by begging and borrowing from every friend and family member that may have had a spare nickel to their name. We absolutely, literally, could not have done this without our loved ones risking their savings and, in some cases, homes, all because they love us and believe in us and the music we’ve made these last 15 years. We’re now going to be paying back a long list of very generous buddies and family members over the course of the next few years. This brings us to…
4. We’re going to need your help. If we want to keep this big beautiful thing going (and we do, very much), we’re going to need your support now more than ever. That said, we always prefer to be on the giving end of charity and not the receiving end of it. Some of you have suggested crowd funding via some sort of Go Fund Me page, but we’re not big on that. If you choose to support the future of this band with your hard earned money, we want it to be a fair and honest exchange of goods. We’re obviously going to be re-releasing all of our records on CD and finally pressing them all on vinyl, all with Pentimento logos proudly stamped on the back. We’re going to be putting up a bunch of new merch designs as well, to go along with this massive re-release, all at our webstore at www.riscstore.com. All this should be up and available for preorder this week, it’s being prepared as we speak.
5. Obviously, OUR SELF IMPOSED BOYCOTT IS OFFICIALLY LIFTED! All money generated by you fine folks supporting us by buying our music and merch goes to paying back our debts, and enabling us to set up more releases. Which brings us to…
6. NEW MUSIC! Well, not quite yet, but soon. We’re lining up our release schedule for the next few years and to answer the question most frequently on your fingers: Yes, there will absolutely be a new album. Of course there will be. In fact, hopefully there will be many new albums in our future. That said, that’s still a ways off (we’re aiming for sometime in 2018). In the meantime, we have a handful of, in our humble opinion, interesting things up our sleeves for the remainder of this year and onward. If you guys end up being a fraction as excited about some of these projects as we are, we’re all going to collectively pee our collective pants. Collectively gross!
7. This isn’t 100% SM news, but it is to some degree. Maybe like 38% or so. Toh Kay’s version of The Hands That Thieve, the cleverly titled The Hand That Thieves, will in fact be released online, on CD and on glorious vinyl soon. Legally! All proceeds will also go towards getting SM out of debt, naturally. But first things first, we’re going to focus on getting some SM stuff out and into the wild before we expand into acoustic power-trio territory.
So that’s it for today! Stay tuned for the announcement of the entire SM discography via Pentimento Music Company, and bear with us as we wade through this beautiful swamp of freedom and possibility, dagger in our teeth, all of our possessions dangling in a small pouch hanging from a stick that we’ve slung over our shoulder. Or something. Uhm. Bye!
Jeet Samarth Raut

--------------------
QUOTE (SkankinLibrarian @ May 29 2009, 01:49 PM) *
i dont have a facebook
facebook is for faggots

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Boner City
post May 8 2017, 10:44 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,613

Sometime in 2018. Yeah, Let's see how that works out.

--------------------
QUOTE (BroRapingBonerCity @ May 1 2011, 11:01 PM) *
Boner City for life.

Get some Spoke Too Soon down ya!

+Quote Post
Logan
post May 8 2017, 12:05 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 163

Shit, does this mean I have to buy streetlight merch to support them? Don't only dorks wear streetlight shirts? Is streetlight cool anymore? With the teens, I mean.

This post has been edited by Logan: May 8 2017, 12:05 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
?Rorshach?
post May 8 2017, 12:38 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 693

QUOTE (Logan @ May 8 2017, 12:05 PM) *
Shit, does this mean I have to buy streetlight merch to support them? Don't only dorks wear streetlight shirts? Is streetlight cool anymore? With the teens, I mean.

100% my thought.

I read that and went "oh yeah I'll totally throw some money at a cause to support one of my favorite bands!" and then I remembered "shit...what am I even going to do with a Streetlight tshirt?"

--------------------

+Quote Post
?Rorshach?
post May 8 2017, 12:40 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 693

In all seriousness, do you guys want to get an album release pool going?

Depending on how many dudes we have, we all pick a like 3-4 month window where we think the album is going to come out and throw 5 bucks at it?

--------------------

+Quote Post
SkankinLibrarian
post May 8 2017, 03:39 PM
Post #6

Terrible. Just terrible.

Member No.: 9,850

January 17th 2018. album title: Kristina is still a cunt!

--------------------
SHUT UP AND SKANK

+Quote Post
dumbducky
post May 8 2017, 05:28 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 11,112

1. All future SM (and other projects) recordings will be released (or re-released) on our own label, the Pentimento Music Company. We will never sign with another label. We’ve fought so hard to become free and completely independent, and we’re going to keep ourselves that way from here on out. No exceptions. We will own everything we create outright. More importantly, now that we have full control of our output, as well as the money generated by our music, we hope and plan to do more than we could in the past in terms of music videos, “special” projects, random releases of music and live recordings, etc. Bottom line is, we are now, and will remain indefinitely, 100% artist owned and run, completely independent. Our future, whether it be successful or a fiery train wreck, is entirely in our hands, and we accept responsibility for what we manage to do with our newfound freedom.

we hope and plan to do more than we could in the past in terms of music videos, “special” projects, random releases of music and live recordings, etc

"special" projects

Keasbey Nights Cartoon confirmed.

+Quote Post
Dondles
post May 8 2017, 05:59 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (dumbducky @ May 8 2017, 11:28 PM) *

The legend lives on!

--------------------
QUOTE (Jabberjaw @ Nov 11 2006, 12:24 AM) *
Fuck off, Fondles.

Radio Image Screen Copy

+Quote Post
ohnoes
post May 8 2017, 06:01 PM
Post #9

Failure, Complete and Utter.

Member No.: 711

someone shop that so goiters face is every face

--------------------

+Quote Post
HighonFez
post May 8 2017, 10:07 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 612

QUOTE (?Rorshach? @ May 8 2017, 12:38 PM) *
100% my thought.

I read that and went "oh yeah I'll totally throw some money at a cause to support one of my favorite bands!" and then I remembered "shit...what am I even going to do with a Streetlight tshirt?"

Nah, brah. We can finally buy all those physical releases we didn't buy for years. I mean, that's what we were all doing, right?

Also, Toh Kay shirts for all your child-age relatives. Adorable.

--------------------

Hep, Hep.

+Quote Post
ohnoes
post May 9 2017, 03:07 AM
Post #11

pickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickitup
pickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickitupp
ickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppi
ckituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppic
kituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppick
ituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppicki
tuppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickit
uppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickitu
ppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickitup
pickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickitupp
ickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppi
ckituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppic
kituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickitup ya

--------------------

+Quote Post
SkankinLibrarian
post May 9 2017, 03:08 AM
Post #12

Terrible. Just terrible.

Member No.: 9,850

QUOTE (ohnoes @ May 9 2017, 03:07 AM) *
pickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickitup
p
ickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickitupp
i
ckituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppi
c
kituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppic
k
ituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppick
i
tuppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppicki
t
uppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickit
u
ppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickitu
p
p
ickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickitupp
i
ckituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppi
c
kituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickitup ya

--------------------
SHUT UP AND SKANK

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post May 9 2017, 11:20 AM
Post #13

screenplay!

Member No.: 38

QUOTE (dumbducky @ May 8 2017, 06:28 PM) *

that's probably the hardest part to believe about this whole "Finally we can make our own creative projects again!"

like, does anyone really think Victory is the reason a keasbey nights cartoon never happened?

Or is it just far more likely this band has a penchant to get excited about projects and not have the follow through?

Like, okay, their stuff got stolen that one time. That sucks. After that, they were busy touring for a while. Then... they were still touring for a while. Then they all retired and keep touring for a while.

--------------------
QUOTE (The Virgin Mary @ Aug 29 2010, 10:43 PM) [snapback]367127[/snapback]
Also, while European women aren't usually fat, most smoke, which is a huge turnoff for me personally. But really, what the fuck...it's just a one night stand anyways, so who cares at that point.

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
Logan
post May 9 2017, 01:02 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 163

QUOTE (sonofaresiii @ May 9 2017, 12:20 PM) *
Like, okay, their stuff got stolen that one time. That sucks. After that, they were busy touring for a while. Then... they were still touring for a while. Then they all retired and keep touring for a while.

John McCrea of CAKE has done a few interviews about how he can't stop touring or his kids can't, like, go to college, but he can't write a new album because he's always on tour and in hotel rooms. So, they wait 6 years between albums to accumulate enough time to write and record a new album. It's easy to blame goiter thompson, but this shit hasn't been easy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post May 9 2017, 02:46 PM
Post #15

screenplay!

Member No.: 38

I understand that, but then don't promise it'll be ready soon.

And don't retire from touring... and then tour.

--------------------
QUOTE (The Virgin Mary @ Aug 29 2010, 10:43 PM) [snapback]367127[/snapback]
Also, while European women aren't usually fat, most smoke, which is a huge turnoff for me personally. But really, what the fuck...it's just a one night stand anyways, so who cares at that point.

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
ohnoes
post May 9 2017, 09:54 PM
Post #16

What are you, the 'touring band record release' police?

--------------------

+Quote Post
sellout
post May 10 2017, 04:11 PM
Post #17

Banned

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10

I still wear Streetlight shirts.

I never bought Somewhere In the Between or The Hands that Thieve. I must be a great fan.

+Quote Post
RH
post May 14 2017, 09:40 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 18

yeah, wasn't that stuff (the cartoon) drawn before the first site announcing some kind of new band was online, maybe before streetlight manifesto had its name?

it doesn't seem like the full fruition of the very first streetlight manifesto related creative thing has been held up all these years because of victory.

+Quote Post
Voox
post May 19 2017, 12:25 AM
Post #19

The Real Reason Hitler Tried to Kill Jews.

Member No.: 117

Ok, maybe someone can explain this to me, because I don't really get it...

Why does Streetlight need to go into so much debt to own this music? Like... what was so horrible about the contract that he couldn't just shit out a few albums, fulfill his obligations to Victory, and be done with them?

I guess I just don't get that. Why put your yourself, your friends, and your family in an apparently massive amount of debt. That seems sort of silly, petty, and selfish. I'm totally open to the idea that I'm missing something and not getting the full picture, but like I said-- hoping someone can explain it to me.

This post has been edited by Voox: May 19 2017, 12:25 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
ohnoes
post May 19 2017, 02:46 AM
Post #20

well how about you put your lifes work into something, (that something being the greatest thing you've achieved) and then let the source of the foul miasma corrupting our land take a slice while they are also actively making it more difficult for you to continue to put your lifes work into that something?

oh, because fuck every part of that?

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1  2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2017 - 09:45 PM