IPB
64 Pages V   1  2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Move to Ohio. Not a fucking joke., Need to fill positions asap.
RSFable
post Aug 18 2008, 02:41 PM
Post #1

Relatively Slow Fuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 488

mellow.gif

back into the swing of things!!!

Come live with me in Ohio and play instruments (Horns, Keyboards) for my band ! ! ! )

This post has been edited by RSFable: Aug 24 2008, 11:57 PM

--------------------

Go HERE.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Logan
post Aug 18 2008, 02:52 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 163

I thought you gave up on music?

--------------------

+Quote Post
RSFable
post Aug 18 2008, 03:04 PM
Post #3

Relatively Slow Fuck

QUOTE (Logan @ Aug 18 2008, 03:52 PM) *
I thought you gave up on music?

I did for a day.

--------------------

Go HERE.

+Quote Post
Logan
post Aug 18 2008, 03:06 PM
Post #4

What made you turn back?

--------------------

+Quote Post
RSFable
post Aug 18 2008, 03:10 PM
Post #5

Relatively Slow Fuck

QUOTE (Logan @ Aug 18 2008, 04:06 PM) *
What made you turn back?

no reason to throw it away just because of flaky band members

--------------------

Go HERE.

+Quote Post
Logan
post Aug 18 2008, 03:12 PM
Post #6

I will say that If I was 21, wasn't going to college and felt like moving to a 4-letter state, I'd join.

This post has been edited by Logan: Aug 18 2008, 03:14 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
HighonFez
post Aug 18 2008, 03:33 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 612

This is a strangely enticing offer. But I'm really not very good at the trombone anymore(as if that's what's stopping me). There's a part of me that really would want to do this. Then there's the sane part that says no.

--------------------

Hep, Hep.

+Quote Post
Voox
post Aug 18 2008, 03:44 PM
Post #8

The Real Reason Hitler Tried to Kill Jews.

Member No.: 117

No. YOUUUUUU move to Austin, TX!

--------------------

+Quote Post
MeeSTa3k
post Aug 18 2008, 03:45 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 236

Robby, you take your band too seriously in a lot of aspects and not serious enough in the important aspects.

This post has been edited by MeeSTa3k: Aug 18 2008, 03:47 PM

--------------------
QUOTE (carr5227 @ Aug 30 2009, 07:53 PM) *
QUOTE (MeeSTa3k @ Aug 30 2009, 03:19 AM) *
Oh, and for a good low-budget gorefest, you can't go wrong with An Inconvenient Truth.

this post has changed my stance on matt wixson. seriously, i will now defend you to the death. even your music. you are now my best friend. put this in your signature so i remember.

+Quote Post
Greg
post Aug 18 2008, 03:51 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 883

QUOTE (MeeSTa3k @ Aug 18 2008, 04:45 PM) *
Robby, you take your band too seriously in a lot of aspects and not serious enough in the important aspects.

lol I think this needs more elaboration.

+Quote Post
gboy515duo
post Aug 18 2008, 03:51 PM
Post #11

i have no patience. i also like assplay.

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (MeeSTa3k @ Aug 18 2008, 04:45 PM) *

qft

+Quote Post
RSFable
post Aug 18 2008, 03:59 PM
Post #12

Relatively Slow Fuck

QUOTE (MeeSTa3k @ Aug 18 2008, 04:45 PM)

QUOTE (gboy515duo @ Aug 18 2008, 04:51 PM) *

qft

You don't know me foos! You don't live in my head!

rawr!

I am just doing whatever I can

This post has been edited by RSFable: Aug 18 2008, 04:01 PM

--------------------

Go HERE.

+Quote Post
MeeSTa3k
post Aug 18 2008, 04:04 PM
Post #13

No you're not.

--------------------
Oh, and for a good low-budget gorefest, you can't go wrong with An Inconvenient Truth.

this post has changed my stance on matt wixson. seriously, i will now defend you to the death. even your music. you are now my best friend. put this in your signature so i remember.

+Quote Post
RSFable
post Aug 18 2008, 04:22 PM
Post #14

Relatively Slow Fuck

QUOTE (MeeSTa3k @ Aug 18 2008, 05:04 PM) *
No you're not.

I see...

All you see is what I've presented here on the internet. I've said some stupid things and I've written some blogs that I know you also didn't agree with.

Now because maybe you don't agree with what I've done so far musically or maybe it was because I've had shitty/flaky people in my band which even caused me to leave a show early that I wanted to stay with you... I don't even know. Maybe you just want to see me fail miserably.

All I'm doing is continuing to write music and trying to make more relationships with more people and musicians from around the country.

I haven't been lucky enough to make friends with the worlds greatest musicians. I'm just trying as hard as I can with all of my heart to make the music that I want to and to present it with people who are up to the task and willing.

Previously in the past few months I've been doing a lot of the wrong things and made stupid decisions.

The only thing that really matters are positive relationships, good shows and continuing to write more music and doing what I feel is right.

I'm too serious? Theres no reason for me not to believe in what I do. Or that other people will understand what the message is or if I'm focusing on the right or wrong things. People's mindsets are always changing.

If I just sat around and talked shit about a bunch of people or told them that I didn't agree with what they were doing I'd be a complete douchebag/asshole.

I've always been a fan of Matt Wixson and I've never criticized or told you that you were doing something wrong. I've been in full support of you since you started out. You were even one of the first people who told me NOT to tour last year when I started taking music seriously. I took that to heart and I even quit writing in the middle of a song thats now known as "God Save the Pep Band"...

The whole vague statements that you are presenting in this thread are not helping at all.

If you don't want to help me or support me then don't. You could just give me some constructive criticism or some friendly advice instead of just saying what you said. Because judging from what little you have said all I can infer is that you don't want me to succeed/ or you just really don't like my music or you just don't like me in general.

I like you a lot Matt but stuff like this just rattles my brain.

--------------------

Go HERE.

+Quote Post
yepyep
post Aug 18 2008, 04:30 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 910

QUOTE (Greg @ Aug 18 2008, 03:51 PM) *
lol I think this needs more elaboration.

No kidding...that's kind of harsh without any follow up.

--------------------
Tokenly gay

+Quote Post
ohnoes
post Aug 18 2008, 04:39 PM
Post #16

Failure, Complete and Utter.

Member No.: 711

if you change the name and consider not only playing ska, i would very seriously consider moving down there. (i play bass, drums, guitar, sing, keyboard sorta...)

but yeah. name change and stylistic variation are a must for me to think about it.

EDIT: also, toronto has a bigger/better ska scene, maybe you should move up here.

This post has been edited by ohnoes: Aug 18 2008, 04:40 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ooz
post Aug 18 2008, 04:47 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 940

I think s1ckd00d plays some of those things, I can mail him to you if you want? wink.gif

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Aug 18 2008, 04:52 PM
Post #18

screenplay!

Member No.: 38

if you needed a drummer, i'd consider this

or if you needed someone to sing horribly off-key back-up vocals

--------------------
QUOTE (The Virgin Mary @ Aug 29 2010, 10:43 PM) [snapback]367127[/snapback]
Also, while European women aren't usually fat, most smoke, which is a huge turnoff for me personally. But really, what the fuck...it's just a one night stand anyways, so who cares at that point.

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
tobias19
post Aug 18 2008, 05:59 PM
Post #19

badass polar bear

Member No.: 666

nvm

This post has been edited by tobias19: Aug 18 2008, 08:33 PM

--------------------

QUOTE (s1ckd00d @ Feb 6 2013, 12:54 PM) *
I met toby once. he was pretty cool!

QUOTE (SkankinLibrarian @ Dec 4 2013, 02:07 PM) *
anytime i can make toby look like a fool is a good thing.

+Quote Post
MeeSTa3k
post Aug 18 2008, 06:05 PM
Post #20

1.) Did you notice that people laughed when you told them your band name? That's not a positive. Nobody will take a band called Atomic Potato seriously ever. Fatter Than Albert managed to get by with a terrible name (Greg from FTA interned at AMR, and Mike Park even told him his band name sucks) because they're a phenomenal band.
2.) Speaking of phenomenal, your band is not. You personally are a good songwriter and great musician, and you really impressed me with your recording abilities. The fact that you're calling bandmates a few days before a show to tell them - possibly for the first time - that said show is scheduled means you're not actually taking your band that seriously at all.
3.) That show you played in Ann Arbor was pretty much a disaster. It seemed like you hadn't practiced many of your songs in a long time, and it seemed like there were some songs in your set ("Creep" comes to mind) that had never been played as a band before at all. You could've taken the time to get a tight set together to play to a reasonably decent crowd and an influential band, but you blew it.
4.) You talk a lot about wanting to "make it" and what not. It's a great dream, but to think that this band in this incarnation is going to do it is just naive. This is what I meant by taking yourself too seriously. So few bands "make it" by anyone's standard. Particularly ska-punk bands. Not even bands who practice regularly and play very tight.
5.) I'm not trying to claim to be important but one of the most important parts of getting anywhere in music is making connections. For better or worse, I'm better known and better connected than Atomic Potato, and even as insignificant as I am, it's not wise to offend me like you did. I've sat through tons and tons of bands I didn't care about or particularly like, before or after playing a set of my own, and sometimes that's what it takes. Depending on where I am, those shitty bands can set up a show for me that's better than what I could do without their help. Because you didn't want to play the game like that, I now have a negative opinion of you (and maybe after reading this, others will too) and I'm rather inclined never to assist you again.

This post has been edited by MeeSTa3k: Aug 18 2008, 07:46 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

64 Pages V   1  2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 04:01 PM