IPB
64 Pages V  < 1 2  3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Move to Ohio. Not a fucking joke., Need to fill positions asap.
ohnoes
post Aug 18 2008, 08:25 PM
Post #21

Failure, Complete and Utter.

Group: Members
Member No.: 711

harsh toke

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Aug 18 2008, 08:33 PM
Post #22

screenplay!

Member No.: 38

QUOTE (MeeSTa3k @ Aug 18 2008, 07:05 PM) *
1.) Did you notice that people laughed when you told them your band name? That's not a positive. Nobody will take a band called Atomic Potato seriously ever. Fatter Than Albert managed to get by with a terrible name (Greg from FTA interned at AMR, and Mike Park even told him his band name sucks) because they're a phenomenal band.
2.) Speaking of phenomenal, your band is not. You personally are a good songwriter and great musician, and you really impressed me with your recording abilities. The fact that you're calling bandmates a few days before a show to tell them - possibly for the first time - that said show is scheduled means you're not actually taking your band that seriously at all.
3.) That show you played in Ann Arbor was pretty much a disaster. It seemed like you hadn't practiced many of your songs in a long time, and it seemed like there were some songs in your set ("Creep" comes to mind) that had never been played as a band before at all. You could've taken the time to get a tight set together to play to a reasonably decent crowd and an influential band, but you blew it.
4.) You talk a lot about wanting to "make it" and what not. It's a great dream, but to think that this band in this incarnation is going to do it is just naive. This is what I meant by taking yourself too seriously. So few bands "make it" by anyone's standard. Particularly ska-punk bands. Not even bands who practice regularly and play very tight.
5.) I'm not trying to claim to be important but one of the most important parts of getting anywhere in music is making connections. For better or worse, I'm better known and better connected than Atomic Potato, and even as insignificant as I am, it's not wise to offend me like you did. I've sat through tons and tons of bands I didn't care about or particularly like, before or after playing a set of my own, and sometimes that's what it takes. Depending on where I am, those shitty bands can set up a show for me that's better than what I could do without their help. Because you didn't want to play the game like that, I now have a negative opinion of you (and maybe after reading this, others will too) and I'm rather inclined never to assist you again.

PWNT!

but seriously, not the place to do it.

--------------------
QUOTE (The Virgin Mary @ Aug 29 2010, 10:43 PM) [snapback]367127[/snapback]
Also, while European women aren't usually fat, most smoke, which is a huge turnoff for me personally. But really, what the fuck...it's just a one night stand anyways, so who cares at that point.

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
Voox
post Aug 18 2008, 08:36 PM
Post #23

The Real Reason Hitler Tried to Kill Jews.

Member No.: 117

1.) Did you notice that people laughed when you told them your band name? That's not a positive. Nobody will take a band called Atomic Potato seriously ever. Fatter Than Albert managed to get by with a terrible name (Greg from FTA interned at AMR, and Mike Park even told him his band name sucks) because they're a phenomenal band.
2.) Speaking of phenomenal, your band is not. You personally are a good songwriter and great musician, and you really impressed me with your recording abilities. The fact that you're calling bandmates a few days before a show to tell them - possibly for the first time - that said show is scheduled means you're not actually taking your band that seriously at all.
3.) That show you played in Ann Arbor was pretty much a disaster. It seemed like you hadn't practiced many of your songs in a long time, and it seemed like there were some songs in your set ("Creep" comes to mind) that had never been played as a band before at all. You could've taken the time to get a tight set together to play to a reasonably decent crowd and an influential band, but you blew it.
4.) You talk a lot about wanting to "make it" and what not. It's a great dream, but to think that this band in this incarnation is going to do it is just naive. This is what I meant by taking yourself too seriously. So few bands "make it" by anyone's standard. Particularly ska-punk bands. Not even bands who practice regularly and play very tight.
5.) I'm not trying to claim to be important but one of the most important parts of getting anywhere in music is making connections. For better or worse, I'm better known and better connected than Atomic Potato, and even as insignificant as I am, it's not wise to offend me like you did. I've sat through tons and tons of bands I didn't care about or particularly like, before or after playing a set of my own, and sometimes that's what it takes. Depending on where I am, those shitty bands can set up a show for me that's better than what I could do without their help. Because you didn't want to play the game like that, I now have a negative opinion of you (and maybe after reading this, others will too) and I'm rather inclined never to assist you again.

Wow... You are the biggest douchebag ever. Seriously-- I don't even really like Robby's music, but fuck yourself for saying that shit.

1. Having a stupid band name is the dumbest reason ever that a band won't make it... Fucking... Mustard Plug??? Less Than Jake????(And I picked this one cuz it's not a whole lot different than Fatter Than Albert)... Slow Gherkin??? These are the dumbest band names ever if they weren't such awesome bands.

2. I don't think Robby ever said his band was phenomenal. I don't follow Robby's drama for the most part, but if there's one thing that's obvious is that he takes his shit seriously and everyone else in his band doesn't. I have no idea about how late he tells his band shit, but who cares? If they were truly dedicated, they'd find time to play that show no matter what was going on.

3. You're still a douche.

4. Let him try instead of being a prick.

5. "It's not wise to offend me like you did." -- ... That's actually the only thing you wrote that REALLY pissed me off... Who the FUCK are you????? Some no name kid who plays shitty music? I know you're not claiming to be big, but seriously-- that was one of the most obnoxious things I've ever heard. If you didn't post on this board, I'd have NO fucking idea who you were. And all my friends who listen to this shit... THEY have no fucking idea who you are. I've never even seen your name on a bill around here besides the shit you post at these tiny ass no-name venues. And yeah-- I agree-- you gotta make connections in any industry-- no doubt, but that one line you said just made you sound like the biggest prick douche bag ever, and I never had beef with you-- but seriously-- fuck yourself for saying that. It makes you sound like a conceited piece of shit.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Voox
post Aug 18 2008, 08:38 PM
Post #24

unsure.gif blink.gif

okay... now that I got that out-- can we all play nice? smile.gif lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
MeeSTa3k
post Aug 18 2008, 08:44 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 236

I lack tact, and if you take everything I say for what I actually wrote instead of what you think I'm implying, it's level-headed, objective, constructive advice. If he had blown off any other musician better known than he, I would've used their name. You may not like the tactless delivery, but they're all tips that, if followed, will help him in his quest for mega-stardom.

--------------------
QUOTE (carr5227 @ Aug 30 2009, 07:53 PM) *
QUOTE (MeeSTa3k @ Aug 30 2009, 03:19 AM) *
Oh, and for a good low-budget gorefest, you can't go wrong with An Inconvenient Truth.

this post has changed my stance on matt wixson. seriously, i will now defend you to the death. even your music. you are now my best friend. put this in your signature so i remember.

+Quote Post
Murdock1017
Post #26

Member No.: 17

moar jabberjaw in this thread plz.

+Quote Post
furry buzzy
Post #27

used to be in love. Now just in like.

Member No.: 70

QUOTE (MeeSTa3k @ Aug 18 2008, 05:05 PM) *
it's not wise to offend me like you did.

I was gonna comment on this too but vicki's already said everything that needed to be said

--------------------
I'm living on the bar food here at The Downtown
They've got nuts, they've got crackers, they've got mentally ill

+Quote Post
ohnoes
post Aug 18 2008, 08:46 PM
Post #28

my last band has played with
Keepin' 6 -> Recently sold nearly 50,000 albums
The Johnstones -> Reached #1 on the Canadian Music charts
Ill Scarlett -> I'm sure you've heard of them

AND THAT WAS OUR FIRST SHOW!

We had a song called Caturday
we had a song called Chocolate Waffles
we had a song about dish soap

/POINTLESS SHOWBOATING

--------------------

+Quote Post
RSFable
post Aug 18 2008, 08:53 PM
Post #29

Relatively Slow Fuck

Member No.: 488

1- Taken all things into consideration yes I realize all of those things.

And I understand based on everything you said how you could form the particular opinion that you did.

2- The drummer I had at the time in Atomic Potato lived an hour and a half away and only came to practice 2 times the month before that show in Ann Arbor. He was a fill in and wasn't even the drummer on the record. He also had only been playing for a year and in retrospect he didn't really care a whole lot about the band.

STILL. You have no idea the kind of problems I had with my band mates day in and day out. I still do. Its a struggle and you can understand that.

The whole time that we were at the show in Cincinnati my band mates/'friends' were threatening to key my car and whining and complaining. I'm done with that... No matter what it takes I'm making my guys stay through other bands sets and if they don't then they are out.

I don't know where anywhere... where I slammed you or talked bad about you. I never meant to offend you.

Now is a different time and a different place. My mindset has completely changed especially after touring with you.

Our new drummer Max Moon is phenomenal. Its really disappointing that yes our first show with you in Ann Arbor was terrible... But we'll come back and I promise you its going to be tight and you will have a whole new appreciation for everything.

Its really shitty that its taken myself this long to get into the proper mindset. And YES, this is an apology for whatever you considered as an offense.

I called my bandmates the week of the show because they were that flaky and the band was this close to not being a band when I was on tour with you.

After reading this I hope that you are inclined to assist me/the band or still play shows with us in the future. Theres no hard feelings.

I'm not giving up though... ever!

but...

Changing the band name... I don't know. I have no idea. I don't know what I would change it to... I like Atomic Potato a lot! :-\ Fatter than Albert is a good name and I think they are a decent band as well.

--------------------

Go HERE.

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Aug 18 2008, 08:55 PM
Post #30

screenplay!

Member No.: 38

QUOTE (MeeSTa3k @ Aug 18 2008, 09:44 PM) *
I lack tact, and if you take everything I say for what I actually wrote instead of what you think I'm implying, it's level-headed, objective, constructive advice. If he had blown off any other musician better known than he, I would've used their name. You may not like the tactless delivery, but they're all tips that, if followed, will help him in his quest for mega-stardom.

dude, blow it out your ass

blowing off douchebags, no matter how 'known" they are, isn't going to hurt your career.

publicly being a douchebag, though, is.

--------------------
QUOTE (The Virgin Mary @ Aug 29 2010, 10:43 PM) [snapback]367127[/snapback]
Also, while European women aren't usually fat, most smoke, which is a huge turnoff for me personally. But really, what the fuck...it's just a one night stand anyways, so who cares at that point.

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
Voox
Post #31

QUOTE (ohnoes @ Aug 18 2008, 09:46 PM) *
We had a song called Caturday

lol, I want to hear this song. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
furry buzzy
Post #32

used to be in love. Now just in like.

Member No.: 70

I think Fatter Than Albert is a terrible band name. Just sayin tongue.gif
I downloaded a Be Your Own Pet album and listened to it a bunch, just because I liked the band name so much (I was drunk too)

--------------------
I'm living on the bar food here at The Downtown
They've got nuts, they've got crackers, they've got mentally ill

+Quote Post
RSFable
post Aug 18 2008, 08:56 PM
Post #33

Relatively Slow Fuck

Member No.: 488

sleep.gif

This post has been edited by RSFable: Aug 18 2008, 09:03 PM

--------------------

Go HERE.

+Quote Post
ohnoes
post Aug 18 2008, 08:59 PM
Post #34

QUOTE (Voox @ Aug 18 2008, 09:55 PM) *
lol, I want to hear this song. smile.gif

http://www.myspace.com/sunnyavenue

enjoy. caturday was like the 3rd song id written in my life.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Voox
post Aug 18 2008, 08:59 PM
Post #35

QUOTE (RSFable @ Aug 18 2008, 09:56 PM) *
And I still play "Best Week Ever" every show even by myself (Because my band STILL hasn't learned it) just to promote you and show people how much you have influenced me. Just not at shows you are at of course smile.gif

You can confirm that with Clint Jivoin

Okay. I now lose respect for you.

Fuck it, you both suck.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jabberjaw
post Aug 18 2008, 09:00 PM
Post #36

Member No.: 244

I don't see where what matt wixson is doing is called for on this board. But whatever. All the connections in the world and he still sounds like a bag of sunburned dicks on tape. Robby, you don't need band members, man. Just learn to use a program so that you don't even actually have to play in proper time with yourself and you can sound just as tight as BPM. Also, learn to kiss as much ass as Matt so you can get farther cause the sad truth is, that's the way you gotta play the game. Matt kisses so much ass he's gotta put Desitin on his lips. Matt kisses so much ass he's got a sponsorship from Tic Tacs. Matt kisses so much ass he has a Signature line of fruit of the looms. Matt kisses so much ass he has shit all over his face and neck and eats shit and has skidmarks on his fro from shit chunks that scraped across there while he was mouthing a shitty band's lead singer's shitty asshole mining it for shit chunks. God damn. What an adonis.

+Quote Post
RotatingHornSect...
post Aug 18 2008, 09:03 PM
Post #37

Will never get a cool title

Member No.: 702

QUOTE (Jabberjaw @ Aug 18 2008, 10:00 PM) *
I don't see where what matt wixson is doing is called for on this board. But whatever. All the connections in the world and he still sounds like a bag of sunburned dicks on tape. Robby, you don't need band members, man. Just learn to use a program so that you don't even actually have to play in proper time with yourself and you can sound just as tight as BPM. Also, learn to kiss as much ass as Matt so you can get farther cause the sad truth is, that's the way you gotta play the game. Matt kisses so much ass he's gotta put Desitin on his lips. Matt kisses so much ass he's got a sponsorship from Tic Tacs. Matt kisses so much ass he has a Signature line of fruit of the looms. Matt kisses so much ass he has shit all over his face and neck and eats shit and has skidmarks on his fro from shit chunks that scraped across there while he was mouthing a shitty band's lead singer's shitty asshole mining it for shit chunks. God damn. What an adonis.

i just came.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Murdock1017
post Aug 18 2008, 09:07 PM
Post #38

Member No.: 17

ah, that's better.

+Quote Post
ohnoes
post Aug 18 2008, 09:11 PM
Post #39

QUOTE (Voox @ Aug 18 2008, 09:59 PM) *
Okay. I now lose respect for you.

Fuck it, you both suck.

but have you lost respect for me? ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ohnoes
post Aug 18 2008, 09:12 PM
Post #40

QUOTE (Jabberjaw @ Aug 18 2008, 10:00 PM) *

if i could id put this as my sig.

I <3 jabber jaw.

--------------------

+Quote Post

64 Pages V  < 1 2  3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 08:07 PM