Reply to this topicStart new topic
Does this story sound familiar to anyone?, plz help
ohnoes
post Oct 27 2017, 02:59 AM
Post #41

Failure, Complete and Utter.

Group: Members
Member No.: 711

how can you claim to have EVER LISTENED TO PUNK MUSIC and believe that it's impossible to change people's minds? That APATHY should be the default emotion? We should all be constantly talking about how fucking pissed we are. FUCK THIS SHIT. Does no one remember Bush? He was bitched about constantly and is like 1/10 as bad as trumpypoo

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
blaarg
post Oct 27 2017, 09:02 AM
Post #42

"I wonder if he has anything good on him..."

Member No.: 916

I'm not sure if this is more or less of a sin than arguing with him but... Kinda gotta agree with our resident synesthete on this one.

--------------------
QUOTE (Crow Evermore @ Feb 20 2009, 11:36 PM) *
WILL YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP BLAARG I'M BUSY TRYING TO BE COOL ON THE INTERNET
QUOTE (jpmillman @ Oct 28 2009, 11:42 PM) *
That rules. You rule. High five.

+Quote Post
SkankinLibrarian
post Oct 27 2017, 10:12 AM
Post #43

Terrible. Just terrible.

Member No.: 9,850

This post has been edited by SkankinLibrarian: Oct 27 2017, 10:14 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
?Rorshach?
post Oct 27 2017, 10:40 PM
Post #44

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 693

QUOTE (?Rorshach? @ Oct 26 2017, 08:35 AM) *
Mostly this.

Trump is awful, I'm ashamed that he's our president, but there isn't a whole lot I can do about that for the next 3 years. I engage with Republicans who want to talk, and I now pay for a newspaper subscription because I think supporting real journalism is important in this climate, but otherwise, my next move is voting in the midterms.

Constantly talking about how pissed off I am doesn't solve anything.

Is anybody arguing with me?

I don't really know what's going on anymore.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Logan
post Oct 27 2017, 11:34 PM
Post #45

Member No.: 163

Everything is fucking nightmare.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ohnoes
post Oct 29 2017, 05:45 AM
Post #46

Failure, Complete and Utter.

Member No.: 711

QUOTE (?Rorshach? @ Oct 27 2017, 11:40 PM) *
Is anybody arguing with me?

I don't really know what's going on anymore.

https://resistbot.io/ - better than nothing.

The only way to get a response from the government on any serious issue is massive, massive, massive strikes, boycotts and marches. Anybody who looks outside their window and sees this:

is going to take whatever issue they're upset about seriously. The problem is getting that many people together over any one issue... and preventing it being attacked by radicalized members of some religion/the other side/random rich dude with bunch of guns/mentally ill teenager/rioting/physically destroying city infrastructure/cleaning litter after/having it devolve into some sort of weird protest hobo city/without being protested by some other fringe group/ensuring the members of the protest act socially responsibly so that any videos of the event don't depict protestors in a negative fashion, undermining the initial message.

It's become more difficult to protest. To me, the scariest thing is that some of the terrorist's goals which they succeed in, seem to assist the governments in exerting more control over their citizens, and the fact that everyone knows it, comedians do bits about it, but no one really cares.

It's difficult to argue with the notion of "it doesn't have any noticeable effect on my day to day life so I dont care" because on a really basic level, any decent person is just trying to exist comfortably. But it IS selfish as fuck. Plastic bags are more convenient than canvas bags, but it would not effect my life at all to use plastic bags, would in fact be to my benefit in terms of time saved/trunk space/not having to think about remembering to bring canvas bags. Helping the environment on a long term scale has little to no effect on my life, and may in fact be a mild detriment to it at times, but not doing it makes me a scumbag.

There's no excuse for being a selfish piece of shit. Doing nothing about having a russian dick sucking KKK misogynistic racist xenophobic blatantly lying refried turnip as a president is possibly the most selfish thing you could do if you claim to be against any kind of evil in this world.

This post has been edited by ohnoes: Oct 29 2017, 05:48 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
cockass
post Oct 31 2017, 01:26 PM
Post #47

Member No.: 1,063

This is the greatest thread revival since time immemorial. I can't believe the turn it took.

--------------------
L'enfer, c'est les Autres.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2018 - 02:09 PM