post Aug 12 2015, 12:33 PM
Post #141

screenplay!

Group: Members
Member No.: 38

Or just stop jumping on people

--------------------
QUOTE (The Virgin Mary @ Aug 29 2010, 10:43 PM) [snapback]367127[/snapback]
Also, while European women aren't usually fat, most smoke, which is a huge turnoff for me personally. But really, what the fuck...it's just a one night stand anyways, so who cares at that point.

FORE SCIENCE !!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
yepyep
post Aug 12 2015, 04:07 PM
Post #142

Member No.: 910

QUOTE (sonofaresiii @ Aug 12 2015, 12:33 PM) *
Or just stop jumping on people

Lol, its more them coming under the net on me. Blocking is just straight up and down, but you're going against hitters that are going forward, so if they mess up, they come under you.

--------------------
Tokenly gay

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Aug 12 2015, 04:21 PM
Post #143

screenplay!

Member No.: 38

QUOTE (yepyep @ Aug 12 2015, 05:07 PM) *
they come under you.

Your mom came under me last night

--------------------
QUOTE (The Virgin Mary @ Aug 29 2010, 10:43 PM) [snapback]367127[/snapback]
Also, while European women aren't usually fat, most smoke, which is a huge turnoff for me personally. But really, what the fuck...it's just a one night stand anyways, so who cares at that point.

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
sellout
post Aug 14 2015, 06:49 PM
Post #144

Banned

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10

Did she show you her penis?

+Quote Post
dumbducky
post Sep 12 2015, 11:11 PM
Post #145

Member No.: 11,112

Me and my brother did one of those GoRuck challenges in Nashville last night. It started at 9 pm last night and we finished at 9:15 this morning. Holy fuck was I exhausted by the end. Some dude had an iPhone mapping the whole thing and we did 17.1 miles.

+Quote Post
yepyep
post Sep 15 2015, 04:54 PM
Post #146

QUOTE (dumbducky @ Sep 12 2015, 11:11 PM) *
Me and my brother did one of those GoRuck challenges in Nashville last night. It started at 9 pm last night and we finished at 9:15 this morning. Holy fuck was I exhausted by the end. Some dude had an iPhone mapping the whole thing and we did 17.1 miles.

More details please. I've done a Tough Mudder but I've never heard of this. I went on the website, but it's kind of hard to tell what it's like. What'd you think? What did yall do all night?

--------------------
Tokenly gay

+Quote Post
dumbducky
post Sep 15 2015, 08:37 PM
Post #147

I've never done a tough mudder but it's not quite like that. It's sort of psuedo-military. The "cadre" are all special operations dude. You show up with a backpack and some weight. The requirements are 20lbs if you weigh under 150 and 30lbs if you weigh over 150. I weigh 155 and I carried 35lbs. My brother, who's in the Army and rucks all the time, carried 45lbs. We started off with an inspection and some light PT for not doing things right (making arbitrary time hacks, not having items on the packing list), but it wasn't very intense. If this had been an actually military environment, it would've been a lot tougher. Then we broke into two groups and raced like two and a half miles or something. We had 40 minutes, which is fairly generous. However, in our group we had some people who couldn't jog for more than 30 seconds with their weight so we spent a lot of that time strolling. Apparently we missed the time by a few minutes and got PT'd for that. Then we had a break. Then we jumped in a pond. I'm not really sure the reasoning behind that, other than getting wet is a staple of these things? Then we picked up some railroad ties and carried those 3 or 4 miles. That fucking sucked. We had 4 ties and six people to each tie. 4 people would carry it and the other 2 would get a break. Eventually, we got to ditch one of the ties and the added numbers helped out a lot. Finally dropped that and went a little farther and took a break near a skate park. We did some wall climbing stuff in the skate park, once without weight and once with weight. Then we moved out again. We went a little further and picked up some sand bags. Around this point, the sun started rising. We carried the sand bags like 5 miles. You'd grab one and carry it on your shoulders until you got tired and then someone else would take it from you. Finally, we dropped the sand bags and took another break. After that we started marching again to our starting point on the edge of Nashville. That was another 5 or 6 miles. Got back to our starting point and did some more stupid PT. We were surprised to find out that this was not the end, however. The cadre designated two of our group as casualties and we had to carry them another mile to a war memorial (it was 9/11, so that was a fitting place to end). Finally, we did some more dumb PT and then we were done.

I wouldn't call it hard. We did the Tough level. That's harder than Light but easier than Heavy. Except for carrying the rail road ties, which fucking sucked, I would characterize the whole thing as a constant amount of low to medium exertion. In college I was used to balls to the walls PT and was expecting something like that. I was exhausted by the end, but it was more due to the sheer length of the thing. I'm glad I did it, but I don't think I would do it again. Maybe I would do a Light(7 hours) if a friend wanted to do it, but not a Tough and definitely not a Heavy (24 hours).

Here's an album of pictures that people following us took. They didn't take many during the night but took a shit ton after the sun came up. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xq3nkjmh7ierqyy/...3aG2VVe-da?dl=0
I'm in the navy blue shirt with black shorts and the camo back pack. My brother's in a black shirt and black shorts with a green back pack. My pack broke or something halfway through the night so all the weight was held down low below my ass. That was really fucking annoying and I look like a retard in most of the pictures because of it.

This post has been edited by dumbducky: Sep 15 2015, 08:40 PM

+Quote Post
yepyep
post Sep 16 2015, 11:21 AM
Post #148

Interesting. I don't know if that sounds like my kind of thing or not. I'd like to do another tough mudder with a group of friends. Last time I ended up doing it on my own and the few obstacles that I needed help on I had to rely on other teams, but that was only like 2 or 3. At the very least preparing for it was good motivation to keep me working out.

--------------------
Tokenly gay

+Quote Post
Justin
post Sep 18 2015, 08:30 PM
Post #149

Cthulhu!

Member No.: 73

I am neither a professional runner, or involved in the military in any way. I do enjoy running though. I've run a few marathons, a 36 mile trail race, and a tough mudder. The easiest so far.. tough mudder. Like Thain said, training for the tough mudder was harder than the actual race itself. It was fun, but not terribly difficult if you can run 12 miles anyway, they hype the obstacles. Something slightly more challenging, like the GoRuck challenge, seems like it might be fun, but other than that, the only race I plan on running next year is the Baker Trail 50 mile ultra.

--------------------
"But no account of David can prove to me that life is not just a game. That is just what life is when it is beautiful and happy--a game! Naturally, one can also do all kinds of other things with it, make a duty of it, or a battleground, or a prison, but that does not make it any prettier. Good-bye, pleased to have met you!"
~ The Journey to the East

I like my women like I like my coffee... covered in BEES!!!!

QUOTE (Freeze Time)
Your not an alcoholic until you piss yourself while sitting at the bar and dont realise. Until then your just a moderate social drinker who has uptight friends.

+Quote Post
dumbducky
post Oct 11 2015, 05:44 PM
Post #150

I squatted 265 for three today. That's the most I've done in a while.

+Quote Post
dumbducky
post Mar 12 2016, 11:12 PM
Post #151

Finally broke 300 in squat the other night, that was pretty awesome. I was pumped until I tried 305 and got crushed by it lol. Also went running for the first time in months on Monday because it was super nice out for the first time since like early December. I ran 4 miles and was super sore for the next few days.

+Quote Post
On & On & On
post Apr 16 2018, 05:00 AM
Post #152

Member No.: 19,738

Beep Boop. 3 years, 2 months, 1 week, 4 days.

--------------------
Bot Version 1.2: Would You Be Impressed if my shitty raspberry pi didn't lose internet connectivity twice a week?

+Quote Post
Logan
post Apr 16 2018, 11:55 AM
Post #153

Member No.: 163

When I came back from my meditation retreat this month, I sort of took that a catalyst to start eating better and working out again. I've been eating vegetarian and prioritizing vegetables over carbs. I don't super care about the moral implications of meat eating, so I may add back in tuna or something soon.

I've also started running again and boy is it not as fun in Las Vegas heat. I gotta figure out a new workout that isn't crazy like Crossfit. I love Bikram Yoga, but my studio only has that 3 times a week at not convenient times.

--------------------

+Quote Post
yepyep
post Apr 17 2018, 09:48 AM
Post #154

I've been thinking about Yoga too, but the YMCA I belong too has the most useless times for Yoga. I did Bikram once and it was ok, but 90 minutes is a really long time.

--------------------
Tokenly gay

+Quote Post
Voox
post Apr 25 2018, 10:04 PM
Post #155

The Real Reason Hitler Tried to Kill Jews.

Member No.: 117

Oh hey, a workout thread! I workout so I don't get (more) hurt playing frisbee. Right now I'm in garbage shape because our strength and conditioning coach has other life things going on, so he closed shop. I miss him like crazy and it's so much harder to motivate myself to lift without him.

On the plus side, I now have a pretty decent home gym.

This post has been edited by Voox: Apr 25 2018, 10:05 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd June 2018 - 02:45 PM