Reply to this topicStart new topic
New Fitness Thread
sonofaresiii
post Feb 18 2015, 08:18 PM
Post #21

screenplay!

Group: Validating
Member No.: 38

Yeah you can't really trust those calculators, everyone's different. They're great for a starting guideline but you need to track it and adjust for yourself.

Hey man if half a pound a week works for you go for it. I think you could go higher and be good but do whatever you're comfortable with.

This post has been edited by sonofaresiii: Feb 18 2015, 08:19 PM

--------------------
QUOTE (The Virgin Mary @ Aug 29 2010, 10:43 PM) [snapback]367127[/snapback]
Also, while European women aren't usually fat, most smoke, which is a huge turnoff for me personally. But really, what the fuck...it's just a one night stand anyways, so who cares at that point.

FORE SCIENCE !!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
?Rorshach?
post Feb 18 2015, 09:15 PM
Post #22

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 693

i still need to lose weight.

ive been on a very slow, but nevertheless steady pace for the past 4 or 5 years. ill get super serious for 3 or 4 months, drop 20 pounds, then remember how fun drinking beer and watching baseball is and gain back 15 of them. then football season comes around and i plateau.

lather, rinse, repeat.

im pretty optimistic that this time im going to start dropping and keep it off though. with a real/normal work schedule, i cook all the time, drink way less and spend my day chasing 11 year olds around.

actually, the last part has been super fun. the best part of my day has been playing basketball with my kids at recess and that was like...never me.

like...not ever.

ive never given a fuck about basketball and im still super awful at it (like "blind in one eye over weight chess club kid" bad) but its been super fun and im kind of hoping to find some dudes who might be down to play once or twice a week. i think that would be fun.

steve, how do you feel about basketball?

--------------------

+Quote Post
sellout
post Feb 18 2015, 10:22 PM
Post #23

Banned

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10

I fluctuate like 6-7 pounds a day but I'm sure some of that is water retention.

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Feb 18 2015, 11:15 PM
Post #24

screenplay!

Almost all of it is. It's really important that you try to weigh yourself at the same time and under the same circumstances each time if you're going for accuracy, because water weight can fluctuate up to twenty percent. Plus your clothes may wear different amounts.

I always try and do it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.

--------------------
Also, while European women aren't usually fat, most smoke, which is a huge turnoff for me personally. But really, what the fuck...it's just a one night stand anyways, so who cares at that point.

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Feb 18 2015, 11:16 PM
Post #25

screenplay!

Ps because of those high fluctuations, even if you measure under the same circumstances it's still going to fluctuate a lot so it's best to do it no more than once a week, just to see trends. It's still too short to be really accurate but you can at least see in general if you're gaining, losing or maintaining.

--------------------

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
HighonFez
post Feb 19 2015, 02:00 AM
Post #26

Group: Members
Member No.: 612

Firstly, you guys are so into the nutritional side of it, I'm amazed. Like, I can't remember what I ate today. And it probably wasn't terribly good. But I maintain an active-ish lifestyle so I can eat donuts and not give a shit.

QUOTE (?Rorshach? @ Feb 18 2015, 08:15 PM) *
steve, how do you feel about basketball?

Haaaa. I actually used to play a lot. Like, put-on-those-thin-mittens-and-play-in-my-driveway-in-winter into it in middle school. Then I got put on a rec team with these douches who every one considered really good and they never passed to me and I started hating it. So, I'm probably rusty as all get out but I love John Stockton. We could play at the Klotske sometime.

--------------------

Hep, Hep.

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Feb 19 2015, 03:22 AM
Post #27

screenplay!

Yeah man fitness is kind of a hobby of man. Which you wouldn't know to look at me but whatevs.

--------------------

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
dumbducky
post Feb 19 2015, 08:35 AM
Post #28

Member No.: 11,112

QUOTE (HighonFez @ Feb 19 2015, 02:00 AM) *
Firstly, you guys are so into the nutritional side of it, I'm amazed. Like, I can't remember what I ate today. And it probably wasn't terribly good. But I maintain an active-ish lifestyle so I can eat donuts and not give a shit.

Haaaa. I actually used to play a lot. Like, put-on-those-thin-mittens-and-play-in-my-driveway-in-winter into it in middle school. Then I got put on a rec team with these douches who every one considered really good and they never passed to me and I started hating it. So, I'm probably rusty as all get out but I love John Stockton. We could play at the Klotske sometime.

In my experience, as long as your diet isn't super shitty, regular exercise is enough to maintain fitness. I eat shit food all the time. I literally eat 5-8 hot dogs a week. I'm 5'8 155 lbs, and I'm pretty lean.

+Quote Post
?Rorshach?
post Feb 19 2015, 04:16 PM
Post #29

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 693

QUOTE (HighonFez @ Feb 19 2015, 01:00 AM) *

You sound like the perfect basketball buddy. It would be cool to find another couple dudes and get some 2 on 2 going. You know anybody?

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Feb 19 2015, 05:43 PM
Post #30

screenplay!

So I broke my bench pr today. Super surprising, since I was three reps ofoff last week and I don't think I've ever jumped three reps in a week. Might have just been an off week last week. Dunno. Anyway I'm pretty happy

This post has been edited by sonofaresiii: Feb 19 2015, 05:43 PM

--------------------

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
HighonFez
post Feb 20 2015, 12:57 AM
Post #31

I don't know anybody who likes basketball, save one Sheboygan dude who plays it with mentees at the YMCA. But he attends UWM two days a week so that's a very maybe sorta thing.

edit: Also, congrats, I think.

This post has been edited by HighonFez: Feb 20 2015, 12:57 AM

--------------------

Hep, Hep.

+Quote Post
Mengde
post Feb 20 2015, 09:12 AM
Post #32

Member No.: 845

I'm too poor to pay for a gym and I'm going to die waiting to be unbanned from my alma mater butttt when I did powerlift I squatted 425, dead lifted 500, and benched 285 because I'm terrible at bench.

--------------------

QUOTE (SkankinLibertarian @ Sep 9 2009, 08:30 PM) *
sorry for trying to culture you

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Feb 20 2015, 09:33 AM
Post #33

screenplay!

I hate planet fitness but if you can find one around you they're $10/mo.

--------------------

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
Wreck
post Feb 21 2015, 01:42 PM
Post #34

Member No.: 12,426

Lunk alarm!

I had a great gym day yesterday. Hit 5x5 165 squat pretty easily (deloading was a great move - I worked on form a bit at 150 on Monday, then carried that form into 160 on Wednesday and then yesterday's 5 sets felt great). Also hit 105 bench but only got 4 reps on set 4 and 2 on set 5. I asked a random kid to work in with me so I could get a spot. He helped me way too soon the first time which was fine, so I explained to him when he should help. Still helped too soon, so I explained again, and then he still helped too soon. Oh well.

Aside from that though, almost got 3x8 curls at 50 but failed 3rd set...still did more than I've ever done before. Hyperextensions I went up 5 lbs and I think I'm gonna add another 10 lbs in rows on Monday.

Upped my calorie intake to 2650 with Alex's suggestions. We'll see if I slow it down once I put on a bunch of weight in my face...last time I bulked, I didn't have a big beard, so the ability to shape my beard to make my face look narrower might let me put on a little bit more weight this time without feeling fat.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mengde
post Feb 21 2015, 04:09 PM
Post #35

Member No.: 845

QUOTE (Mengde @ Feb 20 2015, 08:12 AM) *
I'm too poor to pay for a gym and I'm going to die waiting to be unbanned from my alma mater butttt when I did powerlift I squatted 425, dead lifted 500, and benched 285 because I'm terrible at bench.

year and half later I'm unbanned. worked out and sauna'd (sp?) friday. It was great

--------------------

QUOTE (SkankinLibertarian @ Sep 9 2009, 08:30 PM) *
sorry for trying to culture you

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Feb 21 2015, 06:13 PM
Post #36

screenplay!

How the hell did you get banned from the gym?

--------------------

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
dumbducky
post Feb 27 2015, 12:06 PM
Post #37

Member No.: 11,112

Anyone take preworkout? All my roommates swear by it, but the couple of times I've taken it I don't know if it really does much for me.

+Quote Post
davey1212k
post Feb 27 2015, 12:57 PM
Post #38

Member No.: 282

QUOTE (sonofaresiii @ Feb 21 2015, 06:13 PM) *
How the hell did you get banned from the gym?

--------------------

+Quote Post
sellout
post Feb 27 2015, 01:22 PM
Post #39

Banned

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10

About 2 years ago we were talking about pissing in the shower and I was the only person who didn't. Ever since then I haven't missed a day. Yeah, a drain pipe for a shower doesnt have a p-trap to prevent sewer gases, but if you flush enough water behind it, like you would while taking a regular shower, it's totally fine.

+Quote Post
HighonFez
post Feb 27 2015, 03:31 PM
Post #40

If a plumber tells me it's cool, then it's gotta be cool.

Also, some kids in my marketing discussion were talking about pre-workout. Like....it's got caffeine and shit in it? They were talking about it making you jittery. I don't think I want that shit.

--------------------

Hep, Hep.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2  3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2018 - 04:19 PM