Reply to this topicStart new topic
video games, I have no intention of gazing upon the left eye
SkankinLibrarian
post Oct 20 2017, 01:35 PM
Post #7141

Terrible. Just terrible.

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,850

So I am like an hour or so into fractured butthole, and it just seems like a sequel to stick of truth. Its plays pretty much the same, but just not as good. Like its still fun and entertaining, just not as good as stick of truth was. Its like 22 jump street vs 21 jump street.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Oct 23 2017, 02:29 PM
Post #7142

No one should do any of this

Group: Psych Ward
Member No.: 295

I'm enjoying South Park, I never played Stick of Truth but I'm definitely enjoying the original content. The battles are entertaining, not terribly difficult but I do love the character banter. Also my boss at work says that if I were a a character from South Park I'd be Craig, so I've definitely been enjoying him being the first battle buddy.

"And here I thought kites were stupid."
"Happy to change your mind, Super Craig!"
"Who said I changed my mind?"

--------------------

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Oct 23 2017, 02:30 PM
Post #7143

And that's when you saw it.

Your dad fucking your mom.

This post has been edited by Klonny: Oct 23 2017, 02:30 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dondles
post Dec 8 2017, 08:20 AM
Post #7144

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 3

--------------------
QUOTE (Jabberjaw @ Nov 11 2006, 12:24 AM) *
Fuck off, Fondles.

Radio Image Screen Copy

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Dec 13 2017, 05:48 PM
Post #7145

I never got Bayonetta. I played the first and it was just so DMC/GOW action game except with a chick who gets naked.

But I am playing Bloodborne for the dozenth time, even though I got the platinum trophy on it because damn it is a good game.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Dec 13 2017, 05:49 PM
Post #7146

I also may be willing to say Bloodborne is my favorite compared to the Dark Souls series, though I've barely had the chance to play Demon Souls. Though the first Dark Souls was nothing short of revolutionary in the world of video game development.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Dec 13 2017, 07:26 PM
Post #7147

screenplay!

Member No.: 38

QUOTE (Klonny @ Dec 13 2017, 05:48 PM) *
I never got Bayonetta. I played the first and it was just so DMC/GOW action game except with a chick who gets naked.

it's a fan favorite, so I tend not to poke that nest, but I wasn't a fan. I've played a few levels and I just don't see what anyone sees in it.

--------------------
QUOTE (The Virgin Mary @ Aug 29 2010, 10:43 PM) [snapback]367127[/snapback]
Also, while European women aren't usually fat, most smoke, which is a huge turnoff for me personally. But really, what the fuck...it's just a one night stand anyways, so who cares at that point.

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Dec 14 2017, 04:13 PM
Post #7148

When I first got my 360 I had a short stint with Gamefly so I played through the whole thing, but it was just forgettable to me, though these kinda action games to me are one-and-done kinda deals. This month on PS4 Darksiders 2 is free, and I played the first for a short while, and its just like Bayonetta, or Devil May Cry, or God of War to me: it kills some time, and yeah sometimes scoring a 100+ combo is sweet, but I can't really see anyone in the world call it their favorite game because they just don't stand out enough.

Even weirder, I saw the trailer for the newest God of War (is that out yet?) some time ago and now Kratos is older with a beard (awesome) and there's a shield and he's slow and its literally turned into Dark Souls...so I suppose I wouldn't mind more of these action games to take inspiration from Dark Souls--Thats why I think Bloodborne is so good, it takes Dark Souls and makes it very...Uh, "Sony". Its less RPG and more Action, without an arbitrary "hit big combos to get more rewards".

Lately though I really feel like I need a new game to get into...I'm just replaying games right now.

This post has been edited by Klonny: Dec 14 2017, 04:13 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Dec 27 2017, 10:34 PM
Post #7149

I know I raved about the NES mini being the greatest NES emulator ever, but now the SNES mini lets you REWIND BACK IN TIME as it records video from your savestates

Which is pretty gnarly

--------------------

+Quote Post
sellout
post Dec 30 2017, 08:46 AM
Post #7150

Banned

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10

I'm compelled to tell you about my top 5 games that I played this year. In no particular order:

5. Dragon Quest Builders (2016):
I have a lot of awesome memories attached to this game. I'd just moved into a big house without internet and I hadn't started stockpiling blu-ray yet so this was kinda all there was. My wife and I played this game like how we used to play games when we were kids- ya know, like for hours without a designated end. It's basically a Dragon Quest clone of Minecraft, where the focus is on completing quests and building specific types of buildings using "recipes". For instance, the minimum to create a bedroom is a straw mattress and a light source. The game is really a single player experience, however, it's one of the few games that I liked watching other people play. For the most part, my wife liked to stylize, whereas I felt like I put more effort into practicality. It's just fun watching other people creatively problem solve.

I guess I should talk about the light RPG elements. Even though there are four lengthy chapters, each chapter resets your character's HP and you lose all of your gear, which can be a little annoying. Aside from that, this is where I think Builders exceeds the appeal of Minecraft. Each stage is intentionally constructed, compared to Minecraft's randomly generated way of doing things. The non-playable characters are more than just soulless stick figures. They're cute, have different dialects depending on where you're at, and they give you an extra push to do the things you're doing. There's a reason to build a hospital, a throne room, or a hotel, and the reward to all of that is a story that will surprise you and make you laugh. So yeah, purpose in a sandbox game isn't such a terrible thing. There's a sequel for Builders coming out soon.

4. Axiom Verge (2015, 2017 Switch):
I've played a lot of Metroidvania games and this is the first one that really felt like a straight up sequel to Super Metroid. Like, if Nintendo hired the developer here to work on Metroid in the future, I'd be perfectly content with that. The aesthetic is the same. The way it plays is the same, but actually better in a lot of ways. The story is ok, but isn't really the reason I cared about it. This game does open-ended exploration really well. Yes, there's backtracking, but fuck it, I'm a sucker for that sort of thing when there's incentive to do so.

3. Project Horizon: Zero Dawn (2017):
AND
2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (2017):
I feel like the developer behind Zero Dawn must have watched the trailer for Breath of the Wild back in 2014 and decided, "Wow! That's awesome. Let's do that but try to do it better!" Both games share the same premise of being in a post-apocalyptic world where nature has taken back the civilized world. I'd argue that I enjoyed Zero Dawn more than Breath of the Wild and I liked BoTW a lot. The only stand-out thing that BoTW did better was verticality, with how you can literally climb anything. Link just has more options when it came to exploration, with things like the sail cloth and shield surfing. Zero Dawn impressed me more though with it's story, scale, and combat. I also think it's funny that when BoTW came out, everyone was clamoring to be able to play as Zelda, which never ended up happening, and in Zero Dawn, you play one of the coolest female protagonists since Samus Aran.

1. Mighty Gunvolt Burst (2017):
It's Mega Man, man. To understand this game, there's a little bit of background you have to get. Mighty Gunvolt Burst is a crossover game, mixing up the heroes from Azure Striker Gunvolt and Mighty No. 9. The developer, Inti Creates, is actually made up of ex Capcom employees. In other words, they know how to make this type of game, because they've been doing that sorta thing for... a while. Their baby, Azure Striker Gunvolt, is a well-received franchise, with two games on the 3DS and I think a port on the Switch. Mighty No. 9, however, is the black sheep here. MN9 was the result of a Kickstarter project, headed by the creator of Mega Man. On paper, that sounds like it should've been set up for success, but when that game finally released it sucked pretty hard. It used a terrible 2.5 graphics style that ended up looking like an unfinished fan game.

Mighty Gunvolt Burst is basically Inti Creates doing a favor for Mighty No. 9 by trying to reboot the series by taking it back to it's roots. The bosses and stages are taken from Mighty No. 9, however, this time everything is re-purposed to work through an 8-16 bit re-imagining that is more in line with what people appreciated about the original Mega Man games. The cool thing about Mighty Gunvolt Burst though is what it does to expand on old ideas. Every aspect of your character's abilities and weapons can be modified as you progress, and even cooler than that, Gunvolt and Beck (Mighty No. 9) play differently from each other so you can play through the same game twice, and it's different enough to not feel like a drag.

Customization of your main weapon, for instance, can give you an endless amounts of possibilities. You can adjust your type of shot, the speed of each shot, the size of your shot, the duration of each shot, the amount of shots on screen at a time, your trajectory of each shot, what elemental power each shot will carry, and so on and son. Of course, all of those customizations come at the expense of a point system that can be expanded upon as you play. Part of the fun, though, is totally breaking the game with your weaponry, which you usually can do by about the halfway point. To truly master the game though, you'll want to get enough points to be able to be a powerhouse AND a defensive force to be reckoned with. Defensively, you have options that decrease your damage taken, decrease your recoil when hit, and depending on which character you're playing as you can either get an air dash for Beck or a consecutive jump for Gunvolt.

Honorable Mentions:
South Park: Fractured But Whole was another game that was fun to watch other people play.
Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle was an unexpected crossover game that was short and sweet.
Shantae: Half Genie Hero is an example of a Kickstarter game that doesn't suck.
Mario Odyssey: This game was fantastic, but that's to be expected so I didn't talk about it much.

Biggest Letdown:
Yooka-Laylee hasn't really hooked me yet. It's not bad, but after binging Mario Odyssey, it's hard to dedicate myself to finishing it.

+Quote Post
blaarg
post Dec 31 2017, 01:50 PM
Post #7151

"I wonder if he has anything good on him..."

Member No.: 916

QUOTE (sellout @ Dec 30 2017, 08:46 AM) *
4. Axiom Verge (2015, 2017 Switch):
I've played a lot of Metroidvania games and this is the first one that really felt like a straight up sequel to Super Metroid. Like, if Nintendo hired the developer here to work on Metroid in the future, I'd be perfectly content with that. The aesthetic is the same. The way it plays is the same, but actually better in a lot of ways. The story is ok, but isn't really the reason I cared about it. This game does open-ended exploration really well. Yes, there's backtracking, but fuck it, I'm a sucker for that sort of thing when there's incentive to do so.

I accidentally offended the creator of this game a few years back at PAX. Upon finishing the demo "So, it's SUPPOSED to be Metroid, right?".

Though in my defense... c'mon, it's clearly supposed to be Metroid.

--------------------
QUOTE (Crow Evermore @ Feb 20 2009, 11:36 PM) *
WILL YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP BLAARG I'M BUSY TRYING TO BE COOL ON THE INTERNET
QUOTE (jpmillman @ Oct 28 2009, 11:42 PM) *
That rules. You rule. High five.

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Dec 31 2017, 03:26 PM
Post #7152

I feel like I was the only guy in the world who enjoyed Yooka-Kaylee, and yeah it had its flaws, but all in all I'm really, REALLY hopeful they make a sequel, especially since it works on said faults...I still enjoyed the game all the way through to 100% completion.

On that topic, have you guys played A Hat in Time yet? Its out on PS4 now and I know I'm gonna play it, but my SNES has me backlogged right now. The most important question is that I read there was supposed to be a 2player mode during kickstarter and I wanted to know if that was in the final game, since the PS4 page says its 1 player.

--------------------

+Quote Post

358 Pages V  « < 356 357 358
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st February 2018 - 03:46 PM