Reply to this topicStart new topic
video games, I have no intention of gazing upon the left eye
blaarg
post Jun 21 2019, 10:08 AM
Post #7261

"I wonder if he has anything good on him..."

Group: Members
Member No.: 916

I managed it just during lunchbreaks at work within a week, so... yes?

--------------------
QUOTE (Crow Evermore @ Feb 20 2009, 11:36 PM) *
WILL YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP BLAARG I'M BUSY TRYING TO BE COOL ON THE INTERNET
QUOTE (jpmillman @ Oct 28 2009, 11:42 PM) *
That rules. You rule. High five.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Jun 21 2019, 08:09 PM
Post #7262

No one should do any of this

Group: Psych Ward
Member No.: 295

This guy is a joke

--------------------

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Jun 21 2019, 08:18 PM
Post #7263

QUOTE (ohnoes @ Jun 20 2019, 11:39 PM) *
you're almost 30 and you have enough time to play video games every night for hours on end, to the point where you could beat SMW in a week?

When is the last time you played SMW? When you were 5? Because time is relative so I could see why it felt like months if you've never played it since. Play it again. I once played for an afternoon and got 98%, you seriously are overestimating the difficulty of that game.

This post has been edited by Klonny: Jun 21 2019, 08:19 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dondles
post Jun 22 2019, 03:26 AM
Post #7264

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 3

I'll have to pick up Cadence when I get a Switch. Excited by BotW2. Disappointed E3 had nothing on Bayonetta 3. Don't know if I'll pick up Astral Chain.

--------------------
QUOTE (Jabberjaw @ Nov 11 2006, 12:24 AM) *
Fuck off, Fondles.

Radio Image Screen Copy

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Jun 22 2019, 04:50 AM
Post #7265

I beat Cadence of Hyrule on Permadeath mode today! It was a 2 hour run with Link and oh man I feel pretty accomplished.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Jun 22 2019, 04:54 AM
Post #7266

Also, Cadence of Hyrule is now officially my favorite Zelda game.

--------------------

+Quote Post
?Rorshach?
post Jun 22 2019, 08:46 AM
Post #7267

Member No.: 693

I fell back into BotW *hard* about a week ago after not playing it for a few months, and now have all the Divine beasts beaten. I'm gearing up super hardcore before I go and fight ganon, but I'm waiting until I beat him to really read or watch anything about the sequel.

I really love this game. I've never been a huge Zelda guy, but this game has completely converted me. I love how fun and challenging the main story is, but also just how much I enjoy going out and farming materials or rupees or whatever to build and upgrade my shit. In so many RPGs that would feel like a shitty chore I had to get through to stand a chance, but here its just a fun and optional break from the main story.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonofaresiv
post Jun 22 2019, 05:36 PM
Post #7268

Member No.: 13,308

QUOTE (?Rorshach? @ Jun 22 2019, 09:46 AM) *
I'm waiting until I beat him to really read or watch anything about the sequel.

There's really nothing more than an announcement so far. They just let us know they're working on it and did a very short little cinematic that doesn't really give any information about the game.

+Quote Post
sellout
post Jun 24 2019, 05:23 PM
Post #7269

Banned

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10

QUOTE (Klonny @ Jun 22 2019, 05:50 AM) *
I beat Cadence of Hyrule on Permadeath mode today! It was a 2 hour run with Link and oh man I feel pretty accomplished.

That's impressive. Was there anything particularly lucky about your run? I'd imagine things would be a lot easier if you find the potion shop/fairy fountains early on. Either way, that's awesome, man. I beat the main story and know I could do better, but permadeath is on another level.

I'm actually playing Minish Cap on the Wii U. I'd never beaten it back in the day but it's pretty fun. Mario Maker 2 is my most anticipated game this year. It comes out this Friday and I know it's going to be all I'm into for a while.

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Jun 25 2019, 01:30 PM
Post #7270

QUOTE (sellout @ Jun 24 2019, 06:23 PM) *
That's impressive. Was there anything particularly lucky about your run? I'd imagine things would be a lot easier if you find the potion shop/fairy fountains early on. Either way, that's awesome, man. I beat the main story and know I could do better, but permadeath is on another level.

Cadence is way less difficult than Necrodancer because you have options thanks to the world map. Play permadeath, die 100 times, and eventually you form strategies.

Here's my best tips:
1: Link is safer to play than Zelda. Holding up your shield while moving solves a lot of problems--I still plan on beating Permadeath with Zelda, but the biggest difference is where you start. Zelda has higher potential as a character though, especially when you factor in that only Zelda can equip the Rapier, the strongest weapon in the game.
2: the beginning is THE MOST DIFFICULT part, until you collect 4 heart pieces or pick up a bottle.
3: There are 3 bottles in the game: 2 gem merchants and one rupee merchant at the beachside shack. This tile almost ALWAYS spawns one screen south of Link's House. Paired with the free single heart piece, Link has a great start. Maxing these guys fast is your lifeline.
4: When you begin, your first objective should be getting to Lake Hylia or Lost Woods asap, to get the lute item. When shit gets ugly, use the lute in combat to run away and heal. Lost Woods does home Tingle, who will double your stamina bar for 10 deku seeds. Then you can turtle forever with Link/Cadence.
5: never enter a dungeon until you're ready. ALWAYS do Kakariko Crypt first. Doing them in order is your best bet. The most important thing from dungeons is finding a non-glass weapon so you can imbue it--My winning run was a titanium broadsword, which was very critical against Gohmaracas.
6: if you can reach the sheikah stone of any dungeon, you have already overcome the hardest part.
And lastly: the number one cause of death is COCKINESS, or rather, OVERCONFIDENCE. Always play safe!

Play it over and over and don't take it too seriously. Its fun, and requires you to come into it with a strategy instead of kinda running blindly like in Necrodancer.

This post has been edited by Klonny: Jun 25 2019, 02:26 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
sellout
post Jun 27 2019, 07:14 PM
Post #7271

Banned

Yeah, I'm coming into it without having played Necrodancer so it's hard enough for me as is. I do get what you mean about dying in the beginning. If I get a couple heart containers and find some fairies I'll be golden.

Mario Maker 2 comes out tonight. I have it pre-loaded and just picked up a nice stylus (not required, but recommended from what I hear). It's an $8 Targus capacitive stylus from Target if you guys are looking for anything like that.

+Quote Post
sellout
post Jul 5 2019, 08:10 PM
Post #7272

Banned

Super Mario Maker 2 is like the only game I need anymore. My ID is sellout89. Can you even find users that way? Let me know. My wife has been play-testing the majority of my levels so if you can't figure something out, git good. In all seriousness, I try really hard to make all of my levels as fair as possible.

+Quote Post
sonofaresiv
post Jul 5 2019, 10:27 PM
Post #7273

Member No.: 13,308

I needed to hit a limit for amazon same-day shipping the other day and I had a giftcard, and since it was on sale for switch I picked up Bloodstained since I've been hearing very good things about it.

Except I've ALSO been hearing there are serious performance issues with the switch version. The devs are apparently busting their asses to get patches out to make it good-- and I've heard it's great despite the issues-- but right now it's just sitting on my desk unopened. I doubt I'll play it twice so I'd like to get a good experience the first time.

Hopefully those patches come through soon.

Anyone else playing it?

+Quote Post
sellout
post Jul 8 2019, 10:05 AM
Post #7274

Banned

I'm still on the fence on that one because of the performance issues. I may get it for PS4 later next year (about to deploy).

+Quote Post
?Rorshach?
post Jul 19 2019, 02:15 PM
Post #7275

Member No.: 693

Any of you dudes into Splatoon 2?

Final splatfest this weekend and I'm looking for people on chaos to splat with.

--------------------

+Quote Post

364 Pages V  « < 362 363 364
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2019 - 08:12 AM