IPB
2 Pages V   1  2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
I know some of you guys are wrestling fans, Can y'all do me a favor?
sonofaresiii
post Jan 29 2015, 08:34 AM
Post #1

screenplay!

Group: Members
Member No.: 38

I can't really talk about it much right now until some papers get signed and stuff, but I know a lot of you guys are super big pro wrestling fans. Can you do me a solid and help me out? I'm doing some research for a project I'm going to be working on. PM me if you have a few minutes and are willing to answer some questions.

Thanks dudes.

--------------------
QUOTE (The Virgin Mary @ Aug 29 2010, 10:43 PM) [snapback]367127[/snapback]
Also, while European women aren't usually fat, most smoke, which is a huge turnoff for me personally. But really, what the fuck...it's just a one night stand anyways, so who cares at that point.

FORE SCIENCE !!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dumbducky
post Jan 29 2015, 08:43 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 11,112

Do you really use y'all in your everyday speech?

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Jan 29 2015, 08:52 AM
Post #3

screenplay!

uh, sure, sometimes. It's not with a southern accent though, if you're picturing a real country hoe-down drawn out slurred thing.

--------------------
Also, while European women aren't usually fat, most smoke, which is a huge turnoff for me personally. But really, what the fuck...it's just a one night stand anyways, so who cares at that point.

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
dumbducky
post Jan 29 2015, 08:53 AM
Post #4

No, I'm just surprised it's used at all in New York.

+Quote Post
SkankinLibrarian
post Jan 29 2015, 09:07 AM
Post #5

Terrible. Just terrible.

Member No.: 9,850

Y'ALL A BUNCH OF MUPPETS!

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Jan 29 2015, 09:36 AM
Post #6

screenplay!

QUOTE (dumbducky @ Jan 29 2015, 08:53 AM) *
No, I'm just surprised it's used at all in New York.

I think at this point it's probably used just about everywhere, but also, I grew up in Indiana. I think I actually starting saying it when I worked as a waiter because it made me seem more, I dunno, down-to-earth or whatever like all the people I was serving

--------------------

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
On & On & On
post Apr 3 2018, 05:00 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 19,738

Beep Boop. 3 years, 2 months, 1 week, 4 days.

--------------------
Bot Version 1.2: Would You Be Impressed if my shitty raspberry pi didn't lose internet connectivity twice a week?

+Quote Post
ohnoes
post Apr 3 2018, 06:08 AM
Post #8

Failure, Complete and Utter.

Member No.: 711

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Apr 4 2018, 08:09 AM
Post #9

screenplay!

Three goddamn years and they still haven't got this fucking thing released

--------------------

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
Klonny
post Apr 7 2018, 08:45 PM
Post #10

No one should do any of this

Group: Psych Ward
Member No.: 295

I hated the word y'all growing up but now I live in VA so I throw it into my vocabulary as well as other southern phrases for a facade that makes southern people like me more. Which works since I make tip money.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SkankinLibrarian
post Apr 7 2018, 10:11 PM
Post #11

Terrible. Just terrible.

I always wondered what happened here. Did you guys at least finish it alex?

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Apr 8 2018, 05:31 PM
Post #12

screenplay!

I don't know how much I can say, but my part in it is done, besides maybe some eventual promotion and maaaaaybe some reshoots/additional footage if that comes up. The production company has another big release in the pipeline before this, last I heard that one was done and ready to be viewed before christmas and we've just been playing phone tag since, so I'm not absolutely sure what's going on.

But it's not dead, it's just... taking a while.

Oh also funny enough, I picked up saying y'all while I was waiting tables too, because it made me seem more folksy I guess, and relatable. That wasn't the south though, but Indiana is basically the south, it's just that no one ever told them they weren't.

--------------------

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
SkankinLibrarian
post Apr 8 2018, 11:45 PM
Post #13

Terrible. Just terrible.

doggoneit! I was looking forward to this. at least it isnt in a junkyard somewhere.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Apr 13 2018, 03:44 PM
Post #14

screenplay!

So funny enough I just got a call about this and I'll have some news about it next Friday. Granted, the news is probably going to be "They're still working on it and it'll be done when it's done" but there ya go.

The one before it is very nearly finished with a theatrical release date for... sometime in July I think. The 12th maybe. I just shot a few scenes as a camera operator for that one though.

--------------------

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
LULZPUP
post Apr 20 2018, 09:21 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 7,306

looking forward 2 an update

I love wrestling! Aside from music it takes up my spare time when I'm not working/doing school stuff

did u do stuff for a specific company?

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Apr 21 2018, 11:18 AM
Post #16

screenplay!

Okay so yeah. 350 Days will be coming to a theater near you (probably) on July 12th for one night. I think they said a couple hundred theaters, so probably most major cities-- I'll have a list when they get a list. No word yet on where it'll go after that, I believe they're going to use that night to decide where to distribute for home viewing.

It's a documentary with interviews and stories from professional wrestlers in the 70's and 80's about the 350 days (or more) a year a professional wrestler had to be on the road. I was cinematographer for several interviews and events for this movie, basically anything that was in the northeast area (none of the south or west coast stuff).

Fun fact: I am credited in this movie as Alex Graves. No one knows why. It may or may not be fixed by the time it gets released! But probably will be.

After that, another movie with this company, that I directed, will be finished and released, and I'll tell you more about that when I can. They basically put everything else on hold to get 350 days ready for theatrical release, and then they'll go back to the other movie. I haven't seen a cut of 350 days yet (maybe this weekend) but everyone who has seen it has had high praise. So if that's your kind of thing, you won't be disappointed, and if it's not your kind of thing you might enjoy it anyway. There are definitely some good stories and insight in there.

--------------------

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
Logan
post Apr 21 2018, 03:35 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 163

QUOTE (dumbducky @ Jan 29 2015, 09:43 AM) *
Do you really use y'all in your everyday speech?

I was barely born in the south and I use y'all in everyday speech. It's an accidental gap; "You guys" or "yinz" sound awful, there's not a better replacement for "y'all".

--------------------

+Quote Post
SkankinLibrarian
post Apr 21 2018, 06:58 PM
Post #18

Terrible. Just terrible.

QUOTE (sonofaresiii @ Apr 21 2018, 11:18 AM) *
Okay so yeah. 350 Days will be coming to a theater near you (probably) on July 12th for one night. I think they said a couple hundred theaters, so probably most major cities-- I'll have a list when they get a list. No word yet on where it'll go after that, I believe they're going to use that night to decide where to distribute for home viewing.

It's a documentary with interviews and stories from professional wrestlers in the 70's and 80's about the 350 days (or more) a year a professional wrestler had to be on the road. I was cinematographer for several interviews and events for this movie, basically anything that was in the northeast area (none of the south or west coast stuff).

Fun fact: I am credited in this movie as Alex Graves. No one knows why. It may or may not be fixed by the time it gets released! But probably will be.

After that, another movie with this company, that I directed, will be finished and released, and I'll tell you more about that when I can. They basically put everything else on hold to get 350 days ready for theatrical release, and then they'll go back to the other movie. I haven't seen a cut of 350 days yet (maybe this weekend) but everyone who has seen it has had high praise. So if that's your kind of thing, you won't be disappointed, and if it's not your kind of thing you might enjoy it anyway. There are definitely some good stories and insight in there.

This isn't the movie we discussed Alex. Are you still doing the other one, or did it become part of this one?

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Apr 21 2018, 08:34 PM
Post #19

screenplay!

That's the one I said is coming after 350 days. I'm done with it, they just need to finish the editing, which got put on hold to finish three fifty. After three fifty is released they'll get back to it, it's definitely still coming out.

--------------------

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
dumbducky
post Apr 22 2018, 04:22 PM
Post #20

Is Graves not your name?

I was barely born in the south and I use y'all in everyday speech. It's an accidental gap; "You guys" or "yinz" sound awful, there's not a better replacement for "y'all".

Who the hell says "yinz"? What is that even derived from?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1  2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2018 - 08:25 PM