Reply to this topicStart new topic
Better Call Saul
adsfkahsdf
post Feb 7 2015, 09:08 PM
Post #1

One Year Awesome

Group: Members
Member No.: 873

How excited are you for this? On a scale of 1 to 10 my boner exploded.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Feb 7 2015, 09:12 PM
Post #2

screenplay!

Member No.: 38

I'm like a 2. I don't expect them to recapture the magic of Breaking Bad, I know they're not trying to but I also don't have a lot of faith in a spin-off prequel based off such a self-contained show.

Hope I'm wrong.

--------------------
QUOTE (The Virgin Mary @ Aug 29 2010, 10:43 PM) [snapback]367127[/snapback]
Also, while European women aren't usually fat, most smoke, which is a huge turnoff for me personally. But really, what the fuck...it's just a one night stand anyways, so who cares at that point.

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
SkankinLibrarian
post Feb 7 2015, 11:03 PM
Post #3

Terrible. Just terrible.

Member No.: 9,850

--------------------

+Quote Post
sellout
post Feb 11 2015, 11:49 AM
Post #4

Banned

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10

How was it?

+Quote Post
Riot
post Feb 11 2015, 03:51 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 10,432

I think it's pretty good so far. It moves kind of slow in a lot of scenes, but there are some BrBa-esque moments so far and I'm looking forward to seeing more how Saul intertwines with the certain group of characters he runs into at the end of episode 1 and throughout 2. I can see the connections to Hector Salamanca/Don Eladio already.

--------------------

+Quote Post
davey1212k
post Feb 21 2015, 11:17 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 282

3 episodes in, the show is solid. it's not breaking bad good yet, but i'm hopeful. the pacing, scenery and dialogue have the same intense feel as breaking bad and that alone will keep me watching. but i look forward to seeing how this show will grow and get it's own unique feel.

seriously, AMC is so good at drama production that it's not even funny how good their recent batting average is. everyone should watch halt and catch fire too...a new series that started last fall. very good.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Feb 22 2015, 01:54 PM
Post #7

screenplay!

I'm really digging the show, but at the same time I'm not super interested in watching Saul/Jimmy "break bad." Like, we already have a show where we watch a morally upstanding citizen slowly turn morally questionable through an unfortunate series of events that aren't his fault. Some people are just kinda moral scumbags. Not everyone needs to have a fall from grace to get there.

That said, it's still a really good show.

--------------------
Also, while European women aren't usually fat, most smoke, which is a huge turnoff for me personally. But really, what the fuck...it's just a one night stand anyways, so who cares at that point.

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
?Rorshach?
post Feb 22 2015, 03:04 PM
Post #8

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 693

I am very surprised by the direction of it. I really expected like a dark comedy spin on a crime procedural, where every episode is Saul coming up with come clever (albeit sketchy) way to get a new perp out of a tough situation. Instead, this feels like a 10 minute Breaking Bad flash back origin story opening sequence stretched out into an entire season of television.

Which sounds like I'm saying I don't like it, but that's really not the case.

It's very good and definitely has me looking forward to new episodes, but I guess I just struggle with the part of me that thought Breaking Bad was a perfect run of television and that what made it so special was the way that it felt like it had a very intentional and absolute beginning and end.

So far, so good...but I'm a little concerned about it muddying the legacy of what is probably my favorite show of all time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
davey1212k
post Feb 25 2015, 09:43 PM
Post #9

Now I'm about to watch episode 4, but I was thinking about the show today:

The one thing I don't want this to become: everything is falling apart around Saul/Jimmy and he is only barely treading water (ala Walter White) because he is just so damn clever. Even if he's not evil /twisted as Walt, it could feel too similar. I guess I don't want this to be the ONLY thing I'm focused on.

The one thing I AM very much exited for: the prequel/sequel duality. The Breaking Bad writers were just so good at flashbacks and timeline editing that I know it's gonna be great. Seeing Saul bounce out of his miserable Cinnabon life will be amazing

Having this show makes me feel like I have Breaking Bad again and it feels so nice. I rarely watch TV dramas. I've learned I'm a either a comedy or non-fiction guy for the most part.

This post has been edited by davey1212k: Feb 25 2015, 09:43 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
davey1212k
post Mar 2 2015, 10:00 PM
Post #10

everyone watch now:http://www.time4tv.com/2013/08/amc.php

I at least feel better about watching the ads live than torrenting

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Mar 2 2015, 10:06 PM
Post #11

screenplay!

Would you still feel better if I told you that ad revenue is going to some scam advertising website that's probably not in America and definitely has nothing to do with the show or AMC?

--------------------

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
davey1212k
post Mar 2 2015, 10:25 PM
Post #12

the website shows the tv broadcast and I can't pause and rewind. so while I don't count as a view statistic "on the books" (for whatever calculates tv ratings), I am still getting AMC's ad exposure.

This post has been edited by davey1212k: Mar 2 2015, 10:27 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
davey1212k
post Mar 2 2015, 10:26 PM
Post #13

so I still feel better than torrenting. plus I really like the show so I want to watch it every week. I did Breaking Bad the same way. fuck the binge watching

--------------------

+Quote Post
adsfkahsdf
post Mar 3 2015, 01:14 AM
Post #14

One Year Awesome

I know Breaking Bad was slow too but if the next episode is the last episode before the half-season break they really need something more exciting to happen to get people to keep watching, IMO.

If I wasn't a huge Breaking Bad fan that's when I'd be out anyway.

+Quote Post
davey1212k
post Mar 9 2015, 09:59 PM
Post #15

Give Jonathan Banks an Emmy award for tonight.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Mar 9 2015, 10:06 PM
Post #16

screenplay!

QUOTE (adsfkahsdf @ Mar 3 2015, 02:14 AM) *
I know Breaking Bad was slow too but if the next episode is the last episode before the half-season break they really need something more exciting to happen to get people to keep watching, IMO.

If I wasn't a huge Breaking Bad fan that's when I'd be out anyway.

wait, there's a half season break? Wikipedia is showing episodes every week until the season finale.

--------------------

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
davey1212k
post Mar 9 2015, 10:17 PM
Post #17

QUOTE (adsfkahsdf @ Mar 3 2015, 02:14 AM) *

I understand this sentiment, but the slow pacing is making the show enjoyable for me. From every episode so far, even if there doesn't appear to be a lot of development, I find myself satisfied. Even if there are only 2 or 3 "events" per episode, they're always great events.

I guess I just don't know how to not like literally everything the crime-drama universe that is BB and BCS.

I hope others give the show the chance. It's only gonna get better.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Mar 9 2015, 10:37 PM
Post #18

screenplay!

It'll make for great binge-watching. Right now, yeah the pace kinda annoys me but it's not too bad. It's easier to think of them as little tiny mini-movies instead of episodes of a show.

Also, I think it'll be really, really difficult for non-BB fans to pick up. There's so much that's going over my head, and I was a fan of BB. I can only imagine how lost and confused someone would be, for entire scenes, if they didn't have that show to reference from.

--------------------

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post
adsfkahsdf
post Mar 10 2015, 01:50 AM
Post #19

One Year Awesome

I was wrong about this being the half-season finale apparently. But this last episode gave me goosebumps. Loved it.

+Quote Post
sonofaresiii
post Mar 10 2015, 06:19 PM
Post #20

screenplay!

QUOTE (davey1212k @ Mar 9 2015, 10:59 PM) *
Give Jonathan Banks an Emmy award for tonight.

Definitely some powerful acting. It's a shame knowing-- spoilers, I guess?-- as awesome as Mike is he's eventually gonna die because Walt panics and fucks up.

--------------------

FORE SCIENCE !!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1  2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2018 - 05:45 AM