Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Kissed A Girlfriend Now
Streetlight Manifesto Unofficial Forum > RISC > Streetlight Manifesto
MeeSTa3k
http://www.myspace.com/mixsonitup

Yeah, some of the notes clash. I'm aware of that, and all other shortcomings. It's easier to mix a rapped song and a mellow reggae song than two fast, pitched tunes. Considering the trickiness of it, I think the good outweighs the bad on this song.

Full-length album of ska/reggae mashups will be released in 2 weeks.
HighonFez
Ohhhhh man. I hope this doesn't let me down.

edit: I had a really perplexed look on my face during the beginning but then once the first verse came in I was smiling like an idiot. I liked it more than I should've. That being said, it's not nearly as good as the other mixups you've done.
YumOJ
this mixup makes me want to kick you in the location i presume your balls would be.
penguindude
Sorry.
s1ckd00d
the begining is kinda rough but i thought it was kinda cool for what it is i guess lol.
JP Penney
QUOTE (s1ckd00d @ Feb 10 2009, 10:17 PM) *
lol.
s1ckd00d
tongue.gif
Baby Moses
RBF started doing the two while at shows.
Not like you did, but yeah, sorry to steal the flame.
sellout
awesome wixson. genuinely amusing.
d-money
dude fuck yeah. i can never get upset by Matt Wixson because of Mixson It Up. shit's real.
SkaIsStillCool
I liked it. I didn't listen to any of the other tracks yet though.
dicksalt
As the song progressed I liked it more and more... at 3:05ish it gets awesome.
LULZPUP
I rather enjoy the Ms. Brixton one
Danny
com'on baby dance wid me...
MeeSTa3k
QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 11 2009, 08:31 PM) *
com'on baby dance wid me...

Haha. I still have an MP3 of them doing that medley. I wish they would do that again instead of covering Poison.
Danny
yeah, me too. on both counts. does yours feature monique powell? if not, we should trade or something.
MeeSTa3k
Fuck, I don't think so. I did see them play "She Has A Girlfriend Now" with Monique once, but I don't think they did the Hepcat song in the middle. In any case, I don't have a recording of the collab AND the Hepcat cover in the same song.
twotoneterror
wow. no.
Baby Moses
Oh, instead of just saying you're not original I should probably say I like your music too. (which I do)
Lokklyn
mark will not stop playing this mashup
it's kind of catchy

but this is the 10th time at least wtf.
MeeSTa3k
Pwned.

Sorry.
Bradley Awesome
hahahah i really enjoyed that.
Hunter636
You should put the "Forgot About Dre" one back up.
MeeSTa3k
QUOTE (Hunter636 @ Feb 14 2009, 03:01 PM) *
You should put the "Forgot About Dre" one back up.

Spoiler alert: that song isn't on the album and probably won't be "released". It's too weird, because the music half of the mashup is something I wrote myself and had sitting around for a while. I think it's disqualified or something.
RSFable
I don't like listening to it.

But good job mixing them together i guess?

I think I just really really dislike both songs so much.

Putting them together and listening to it is like going through the 4th level of hell.
MeeSTa3k
Don't act like you're too cool for RBF, Robby.
JP Penney
QUOTE (MeeSTa3k @ Feb 14 2009, 05:31 PM) *
Don't act like you're too cool for RBF, Robby.

I was expecting it's not wise.
d-money
forgot about dre mp3?
HighonFez
Matt, would you be opposed if I posted a link to the Dre not-really-mashup?
MeeSTa3k
QUOTE (highonpez @ Feb 14 2009, 06:17 PM) *
Matt, would you be opposed if I posted a link to the Dre not-really-mashup?

I would obviously be offended, but you can go ahead. I actually would like to give it to people, but it doesn't fit on the album, and I'm too lazy to upload it separately myself. So yeah, you can save me the effort haha.
HighonFez
Haha, sweet.

CODE
http://www.mediafire.com/?nitmijnynmt
melisSKA
Matt, I respect you, and your ideas, but I hate this.

I just hate rbf, with a passion, and this mashup was awkward, just cause of the tempo? Girl I've gotta work it made me lol though, srsly.
d-money
lose yourself is really awesome. i can't wait for a non-bullshit myspace quality version
MeeSTa3k
QUOTE (melisSKA @ Feb 14 2009, 07:23 PM) *
Matt, I respect you, and your ideas, but I hate this.

I just hate rbf, with a passion, and this mashup was awkward, just cause of the tempo? Girl I've gotta work it made me lol though, srsly.

That's fair.

I don't know if I've said so already, but I'm uploading another song on Tuesday. Most of you won't like the rap song and won't recognize the reggae song, but you will probably all enjoy the mashup. I don't normally talk so highly of my own stuff (without sarcasm, that is) but it's a hot jam. And then the album is released a week later.
customconcern05
dude. lose ur self and still dre are fuckin sick
MeeSTa3k
New song is uploaded

http://www.myspace.com/mixsonitup

Oh, and I guess many of you won't recognize the music. It's the instrumental version of Dr. Ring Ding's "Doctor's Darling".
d-money
haha fucking rad
Bradley Awesome
big dre and lose yourself are so solid.
Seņor
i never payed attention to anything you've ever done, but i'm sold and can't wait for the release.

i've always loved bands that mix ska/reggae with rap/hip-hop, like missing link and others

edit: is the vocals from girl i've got to work it from that transplants one they did?
MeeSTa3k
QUOTE (Yoshi Mexico @ Feb 17 2009, 12:13 PM) *
i never payed attention to anything you've ever done, but i'm sold and can't wait for the release.

i've always loved bands that mix ska/reggae with rap/hip-hop, like missing link and others

edit: is the vocals from girl i've got to work it from that transplants one they did?

Is there a Transplants/Missy Elliot mashup? I just found the vocal-only track of the song on some filesharing thing, and whoever made the Transplants one probably just used the same file. I think it's funnier because it's the clean version of the song.
evilkillermouse
Some of it doesn't work all that well, but some parts do, and I really enjoyed it. Major props for the type of mashup, I do mashups with rap and other songs, but I don't have the balls to try two melodies. Good on ya'.
Jesseeme
Doctors Rollin.
That's some good stuff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
IPB NULL EN