Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Im in a knee brace right now
Streetlight Manifesto Unofficial Forum > RISC > Streetlight Manifesto
MPerdomo
I was participating in a non-specific country's national martial arts and hurt my knee over the weekend. I think it's a meniscus injury of some degree because it's on the inside of my knee, and it happened from spinning moves.
RotatingHornSection
QUOTE (MPerdomo @ Feb 23 2009, 09:06 PM) *
I was participating in a non-specific country's national martial arts and hurt my knee over the weekend. I think it's a meniscus injury of some degree because it's on the inside of my knee, and it happened from spinning moves.

In popular culture, the term martial arts often specifically refers to the combat systems that originated in Asian cultures

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martial_arts
MPerdomo
QUOTE (RotatingHornSection @ Feb 24 2009, 02:09 AM) *
In popular culture, the term martial arts often specifically refers to the combat systems that originated in Asian cultures

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martial_arts

brazilian jiu jitsu and a whole host of other martial arts did not come from asia

and actually, it wasn't martial arts, but tricking, i said martial arts for lulz
SkaIsStillCool
I'm in an ankle brace right now as a result of participating in a non-specific genre of music's dancing. I suck.
carr5227
my dad fucked his knee up when i was in like 2nd grade playing softball. he's supposed to wear a brace for most active things, but he doesn't. he just bitches and drinks more wine.
ChrisBlumen
Yeah I once knew somebody who hurt their leg.
Bradley Awesome
hopefully it doesn't screw you over in the long run. i feel like knee injuries often have terrible effects over time.
beejnnoz04
That is definitely true. I've had 2 knee surgeries (meniscus and MCL) both on the same knee and it has never been the same. Probably only gonna get worse as time goes on too...
farmerbob
I got a floating patella from backmarching during marching band practice in 9th grade. Pretty lulzy huh?
Sheep VII
Haha, marching band injuries
s1ckd00d
marching band is serious business
adsfkahsdf
I gave my girlfriend a piggy back ride while wasted and fell. She hurt her knee. I was fine. Oops. haha.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
IPB NULL EN