Full Version: New Atombender songs
Streetlight Manifesto Unofficial Forum > RISC > Streetlight Manifesto
jonnyROCKET
http://www.myspace.com/atombender

let me know what you think.
they're from our new EP which comes out March 28th
farmerbob
Pretty solid recordings, nice stuff.

A ska band I've seen/played at shows with, Chase Long Beach, just got signed onto Victory records, pretty sweet. I actually play next to one of the band's trumpet player in Wind Ensemble in college.
hunttehlulz
I enjoy the layout of the myspace. Well done.
Seņor
i enjoyed it about 60some% more than i thought i would, good job.
RotatingHornSection
Better than Lonesome Dave...

Not better than Soul Regatta.
Bandit22
I like. I also like the layout.
Seņor
i don't like the layout/pics as much as i like the quality of it all put together.
Berto
not bad, still not as good as night riot though<3
carr5227
QUOTE (RotatingHornSection @ Mar 2 2009, 12:02 AM) *
Better than Lonesome Dave...

this.

the music isn't for me, but you guys are damn good at what you do.
Logan
The vocals are really underwhelming, but it's good.
davey1212k
QUOTE (carr5227 @ Mar 2 2009, 08:11 AM) *
this.

the music isn't for me, but you guys are damn good at what you do.

quoted to prevent editing. carr actually not beating down an unsigned myspace band.
Playacting Anarchist
Tell whoever the fuck did the photography for your site to quit emulating Jill Greenberg.
carr5227
QUOTE (davey1212k @ Mar 2 2009, 12:02 PM) *
quoted to prevent editing. carr actually not beating down an unsigned myspace band.

?
HighonFez

lolz? Actually, I find sharks on band shirts to be pretty awesome. Of course, these are the only two examples I have.

It's pretty good stuff. Kinda makes me think of The Know How mixed with Motion City Soundtrack. I mean that as a compliment, but take it as you will.

p.s. For some reason Silent cuts out before the end.
jonnyROCKET
thanks for all the feedback, guys. It's been a long time since we released new music and that stuff sucked, so it's good to hear that we still have something good going on.

I'm trying to figure out a place that would be good to put the whole album so everybody can hear it...anybody want to hear more?
davey1212k
QUOTE (carr5227 @ Mar 2 2009, 03:44 PM) *
?

from what i remember, you don't like bands that aren't lonesome dave...especially if they're poppy punk bands on myspace...
carr5227
i don't really recall ever seriously saying anything positive about my band
Bradley Awesome
good stuff! definitely reminded me a little bit of motion city soundtrack, but like highonpez said, in a good way.
Voox
I think it's pretty damn good. You should totally up your album in Up teh Punx because I won't buy it, but I'll definitely listen to it and drag my friends to a show if you play around here.

Edit: Oh wait-- I just started the second song-- what was up with that forced lyric there? "Other than to obstruct my view." that just sounded weird. The first song kicked ass tho.
jonnyROCKET
QUOTE (Voox @ Mar 4 2009, 07:56 PM) *
I think it's pretty damn good. You should totally up your album in Up teh Punx because I won't buy it, but I'll definitely listen to it and drag my friends to a show if you play around here.

Edit: Oh wait-- I just started the second song-- what was up with that forced lyric there? "Other than to obstruct my view." that just sounded weird. The first song kicked ass tho.

haha, it made me laugh how you had to edit to tell me the second song sucks. The line is "These buildings have no purpose anymore, other than to obstruct my view." We struggled a lot to make it less awkward, and that's what we came up with. We'll be switching it out for another song off the album tomorrow though. Maybe you'll like that one more smile.gif

I'll put it in Up The Ponxxx soon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
IPB NULL EN