Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: my bro
Streetlight Manifesto Unofficial Forum > RISC > Streetlight Manifesto
sellout
my brother was playing baseball or something at least involving a bat earlier and knocked out one of his front teeth. he's 17 so he doesn't have any reserves. he also cant find the tooth. is there any chance of being able to get a fake tooth put in that doesnt look shitty? how much does something like that run? he's been pouty about it all day so i want to be able to tell him that we can fix it.
Hunter636
Maybe you should ask a dentist instead of a bunch of people on the internet?

Just a thought...
sellout
that was my thought when i first posted, but i figure i'd collect way more interesting stories about losing ones tooth from people on the internet.
zam man
i would think that if you asked, a dentist would be able to tell you a lot more interesting stories about teeth being lost than a bunch of people on the internet.

plus the dentist probably wouldn't be as much of a smartass as the internet people.
hammond egger
it should be fixable. I took a friend out mountain biking a few months ago. Within a half mile of the trailhead, he flew from his bike, face-first, completely negating the benefits of a helmet and giving a literal meaning to the term "ate it". The fall chipped his tooth, and by "chipped", I mean "broke it the fuck in half". We took him to the emergency room so they could numb his mouth, then he called his dentist. The dentist glued on a prosthetic or something and when i saw it a week later, you could barely tell it had ever been broken. If they can fix that, I don't see why they can't put in a fake tooth. tell your brother to george washington it up and get a wooden one.

note: my friend has really good dental coverage.
JDBBG
You should've sent him to boot camp, this wouldve never happened.
SkankinLibrarian
he can look like Ehren McGhehey now, way kewl

NOT! get it fixed, hell it will look good just ask a hockey player to smile and i bet u couldnt ffigure out which ones are fake
sellout
QUOTE (JDBBG @ Mar 7 2009, 01:57 AM) *
You should've sent him to boot camp, this wouldve never happened.

lol. actually only managed to get him into a youth detention center. i'm surprised you remember that.
d-money
your brother is fucked.

/thread
penguindude
I have two fake front teeth.

And, thanks to them, a lisp.

Thats right, $6,000 for two teeth, a lisp, and 6 hours of misery in a dentist's chair. Fuck teeth.
Seņor
well one of my friends front tooth is completely fake and i never noticed until it came up, he's 19 had it since he was like 16-17, he got punched so hard that the entirety of the tooth came out, he still won.
Spelster
You can replace teeth, it's just really expensive.

Tell him to get a gold one.
JDBBG
QUOTE (Yoshi Mexico @ Mar 7 2009, 09:18 AM) *
well one of my friends front tooth is completely fake and i never noticed until it came up, he's 19 had it since he was like 16-17, he got punched so hard that the entirety of the tooth came out, he still won.

Wow if after getting stuck and getting tooth knocked out and still winning
he must've really fucked the other guy up.
aggro
Breaking / losing teeth is one of my biggest weaknesses. and loose teeth. shit freaks me out.
MPerdomo
Tell him to get a grill
SkankinLibrarian
that way he can have a bill in his mouth like hillary roddam
Baby Moses
QUOTE (penguindude @ Mar 7 2009, 09:13 AM) *
I have two fake front teeth.

And, thanks to them, a lisp.

Thats right, $6,000 for two teeth, a lisp, and 6 hours of misery in a dentist's chair. Fuck teeth.

That's why you have a lisp? I always assumed it was natural.

Also, how did you lose those front teeth?
p3tari
my friend got socked in the face by a complete stranger for no reason and had his tooth knocked out. he got it replaced by some cheap ass shit and it's totally obvious cus the tooth looks kinda blue..
Freeze Time
Can he whistle through the hole where the tooth was?
penguindude
QUOTE (Baby Moses @ Mar 7 2009, 01:50 PM) *
That's why you have a lisp? I always assumed it was natural.

Also, how did you lose those front teeth?

Fell off my bike at my neighbor's house. Hit my head on his mailbox (4 stitches), face on the road (2 fake teeth), and then the bike gears ate up my leg (30 stitches). I was... 8?
farmerbob
Eh, dentists/oral surgeons can do pretty amazing stuff with teeth, if you have the money. My dad has a fake bottom tooth that you'd never be able to tell was fake, except for maybe being a shade lighter in color, and functions perfectly fine. My friend also had a chipped tooth but but it "filled in" somehow and looks great.
iammatt
This kid I know lost his front teeth and has a retainer sort of thing that works pretty well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
IPB NULL EN