Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ATTN: Injun or anyone of Indian descent, or anyone who has been to India
Streetlight Manifesto Unofficial Forum > RISC > Streetlight Manifesto
davey1212k
So I'm going to India for 2 weeks in June. We're going to New Delhi for 3 days, then to Chennai for rest of the time with a 3 day trip to Kerala at either a beach or lake resort. One of the friends I'm going with has family in Chennai. We won't be staying with them, but we'll be staying nearby, which is nice.

I've never been outside of America so I know everything we do will be exciting and fresh, but would do you recommend? We have some stuff planned, but I was wondering what you think. Also, what kind of prep would you recommend? either mental or whatever. Thanks in advance everyone.
SkankinLibrarian
India in June, ARE YOU FUCKING CRAZY OR JUST ENJOY TORTURING YOURSELF?
Injun
It's going to be hot.
Drink plenty of Frooti and Thums Up.
davey1212k
why wouldn't I want bottled water? orange juice and soda doesn't sound like an ideal drink in >100 degrees. are those drinks like gatorade?
RH
QUOTE (Injun @ Mar 12 2015, 03:01 AM) *
It's going to be hot.
Drink plenty of Frooti and Thums Up.

here's a picture i took a few years ago. by review was "would drink again."

Injun
QUOTE (davey1212k @ Mar 13 2015, 09:10 AM) *
why wouldn't I want bottled water? orange juice and soda doesn't sound like an ideal drink in >100 degrees. are those drinks like gatorade?

Don't trust bottled water in India.
sonofaresiii
India sounds fucking terrible. You can't even trust the BOTTLED water?
Injun
QUOTE (sonofaresiii @ Mar 14 2015, 08:24 PM) *
India sounds fucking terrible. You can't even trust the BOTTLED water?

Depends where you get it, some places fill up old bottles with potentially dirty water, just better to all around avoid it and drink chai or soda.
davey1212k
is there a proper way to prepare my stomach, or is at least one day of nauseousness imminent?
Injun
QUOTE (davey1212k @ Mar 15 2015, 09:54 PM) *
is there a proper way to prepare my stomach, or is at least one day of nauseousness imminent?

Just make sure everything you consume is cooked and that the liquids are sealed.
Klonny
Yo that place just sounds stinky
On & On & On
Beep Boop. 3 years, 2 months, 1 week, 4 days.
Klonny
Fun fact: I was born like 2 weeks early cuz my mom ate curry and that spicy shit evacuates wombs. India related, kinda
Injun
SMDH
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
IPB NULL EN