Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What do you want to tell yourself in 3 years 2 months 1 week and 4 days?
Streetlight Manifesto Unofficial Forum > RISC > Streetlight Manifesto
sonofaresiii
Send a message to future you
SkankinLibrarian
implying that this forum isnt going to be completely dead by then...
sonofaresiii
Probably, but I don't think Mark's ever gonna close it down, so it'll still be here.
Logan
I'm starting to suspect that this bot will be the end of us all. It's doing the shitposting for us, so we don't have to.
ohnoes
It's too late to warn your future selves not to vote for refried orange 2.0
blaarg
Eat a dick, future self.
dumbducky
This is a really interesting timeline because in 3 years and a month I will have decided if I'm going to stick around for another assignment in the Air Force or not.
yepyep
Am I old enough or rich enough to be retired in that amount of time? That would be amazing.
ohnoes
Gay people don't retire, they stay gay their whole lives...
sellout
Kill yourself.
SkankinLibrarian
sonofaresiii
I couldn't imagine ever retiring. I'd be so bored, and it would feel like I'm just running out the clock until I die. I know that's not everyone's perspective, but I think I'd pretty much always need to feel like I'm working towards something.
yepyep
QUOTE (sonofaresiii @ Oct 1 2017, 05:12 PM) *
I couldn't imagine ever retiring. I'd be so bored, and it would feel like I'm just running out the clock until I die. I know that's not everyone's perspective, but I think I'd pretty much always need to feel like I'm working towards something.

I've heard people say this a lot, but I'd find a hobby or volunteer work or something.

I also think you see it a little differently since you do contract work...so you're a bit more in control of your own time (which is a good thing). I'm required to be at work 40+ hours a week, every week. I'd rather be able to decide what I want to do with my time.
Klonny
I hope I get to be an old man who hitches at the young kids on the Mic when I'm playing games online

But it would be cool if in my 70s a bunch of other 70 year olds play video games

I wish I felt worse about being excited to play video games for my whole life, but it still sounds pretty great
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
IPB NULL EN