Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: orlando meet-up 11 21
Streetlight Manifesto Unofficial Forum > RISC > Streetlight Manifesto
Toomine
We need to have a meetup. locals would be really helpful in planning this, as i really only know the area immediately surrounding 1982.

as such, i suggest we meet up at the library near there, or at that pizza place that brags about having 100 pepperonis, and grab a bite before the show.

(specifically not the reggae shack)

Edit: meetup is at the library. 4 15 pm. (assuming doors still at 6) and the venue change to the social,

as for the where to go, i think the Mellow mushroom down the street would be a great place to eat.
melisSKA
I'm down.

I think we should definately meet at the library then walk to a resturaunt from there.

The library is right across from a parking garage.

there is a cheaper parking garage but its ridiculous to try and explain how to get to it.

anyways

whoever is going I'll give my number to, and I'll lead this shit!

fuck yeah orlando!
Drax
I'm driving up from West Palm Beach.

I'm supposed to leave around lunch, but I have to see how work goes first.
melisSKA
QUOTE (Toomine @ Nov 19 2007, 08:35 AM) *
We need to have a meetup. locals would be really helpful in planning this, as i really only know the area immediately surrounding 1982.

as such, i suggest we meet up at the library near there, or at that pizza place that brags about having 100 pepperonis, and grab a bite before the show.

(specifically not the reggae shack)

Edit: meetup is at the library. 4 15 pm. (assuming doors still at 6) and the venue change to the social,

as for the where to go, i think the Mellow mushroom down the street would be a great place to eat.

there's a mellow mushroom?

why wasn't I aware?
Toomine
uh, there was for the know how's last show. dunno if it still is though.
RSFable
I'll see you guys there! wink.gif
melisSKA
QUOTE (RSFable @ Nov 19 2007, 11:07 AM) *
I'll see you guys there! wink.gif

...I wish

robby...c'mere?

and I miss the know how.

they used to be great!
rustytrombone
I'm not sure that I'll make it to the meet up, but I'll be at the show.
melisSKA
QUOTE (rustytrombone @ Nov 19 2007, 01:17 PM) *
I'm not sure that I'll make it to the meet up, but I'll be at the show.

I'd say look for the girl with the pink hair, but sadly it is no more.

I'll figure out what I'm wearing and let you know?

You do the same?

This is so cute.

haha I'm done freaking out now, I promise.
rustytrombone
QUOTE (melisSKA @ Nov 19 2007, 02:20 PM) *
I'd say look for the girl with the pink hair, but sadly it is no more.

I'll figure out what I'm wearing and let you know?

You do the same?

This is so cute.

haha I'm done freaking out now, I promise.

Sounds good. By the way, how are you liking UNF/Jacksonville?
powderedmilkman
I'm going. The social is a pretty good venue, I already saw streetlight there in '05. Yeah, there is a parking garage near there.
joe
i'll be at the show. david, 1982 is near the mellow mushroom, but it's in gainesville. see everyone there.
Toomine
ahahahahaha.
oops
sellout
I'll be at this show.

And for those not in the know, the show has moved to The Social, also located in Orlando. The show starts at 5:00 and goes until 8:00. The Social's website says tickets are sold out but if you bought tickets ahead of time for the Fireside Theater those tickets are still good.

The Social
band geek
I'll be at the Orlando show.

Just a heads up - the 1982 and The Social are about two hours from eachother.

Meeting at the library in Gainesville will put you really really really far away from The Social in Orlando.

But yeah - just some advice from a Gainesville local
melisSKA
QUOTE (rustytrombone @ Nov 19 2007, 01:37 PM) *
Sounds good. By the way, how are you liking UNF/Jacksonville?

I love jacksonville, but i haven't really been able to do the whole classes thing lately.

QUOTE (selloutwithme @ Nov 20 2007, 05:52 PM) *
I'll be at this show.

And for those not in the know, the show has moved to The Social, also located in Orlando. The show starts at 5:00 and goes until 8:00. The Social's website says tickets are sold out but if you bought tickets ahead of time for the Fireside Theater those tickets are still good.

The Social

oh man so I got my tickets a while back, but like my friend called me freaking out today cause they were sold out.

I told him to go to the box office and get them they generally keep more on hand.

anyways, it worked, crisis averted
Toomine
so obviously, we need to meet at the library in orlando.

kind of thought that was a duh, but yeah. see you guys there...

4:15
orlando

101 E. Central Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32801

also, parking across the street!
Toomine
also bump
melisSKA
QUOTE (Freeze Time @ Nov 21 2007, 05:33 AM) *
Orlando is such a cool name for a place.

Its not as cool as melbourne.

wait.

we have that too.

americans = 1

aussies = 0
rustytrombone
White v-neck and black shorts. Come fine me tonight.
Drax
Eh, it wasn't the best SM show I've been to, but it was still pretty good.

A bit too much old stuff tonight, even though SITB was pretty damn awesome. I really wanted to hear more acoustic, and of course, Receiving End. Where I was standing you could only hear Tomas half the time, couldn't really make out what he said when he was talking.

Also, downtown Orlando roads are fucking horrible. I'm sending the town of Orlando a fucking alignment bill.

When was the time changed to 5PM? I purposely showed up an hour late, but ended up being 2 hours late (although waiting 5mins to see SM wasn't too bad; I had no interest in seeing the other bands anyway)
melisSKA
Well. I really enjoyed the show.

and the theme of the amps and the drum picture thingy. cuuute.

I wasn't aware that it started at five either, but luckily we got there early.

I always love when streetlight headlines, because I get to hear more than 7 songs.

biggrin.gif

and I'm glad everyone is cool.
Drax
Oh I enjoyed it as well. It just wasn't the best SM show I've been to.

What was Tomas saying about "just come to all our shows" or something along those lines? Was his mic really low where you were too? I could only hear the brass drums and bass most of the show.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
IPB NULL EN